“Open for 2014 as of March 7th”
Review of Lodge Restaurant

Lodge Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oregon
“Open for 2014 as of March 7th”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My opinion of super great place to go eat is not far from Lots and lots of music this year. Check the website for details. I know I am going to as many as I can. Their Sunday breakfast brunch buffet seams to be a mile long with everything you could want. A shorter buffet is served earlier for those whose appetites are on the light side. Plus a seperate desert table. Regular menu always. Can't wait to go

• Visited December 2013

Bonita Springs, Florida
“One of the best buffets I've had”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I was part of a large get-together and had a Sunday brunch at the Lodge after church. Looks like this is common practice in this area. The Lodge could easily accommodate over 150 people. We caught them as they were changing over from breakfast items to lunch. We had time to grab some homemade cinnamon French toast and bacon with fresh fruit and coffee. After finishing that we were told the lunch items were now ready. What a spread. Everyone was very pleased with the quality of food and service. The price was very reasonable as well. If you happen to be in the neighborhood, you should have a look at the Pines State Park and have a stop at the Lodge. It's a great place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TVSAM1
Oswego, Illinois
“Delicious Sunday Brunch for 9.99”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband and I spent the night in a tent in the state campgrounds on the property. So we decided to treat ourselves to breakfast in a restaurant in the morning. We thought about cooking over the fire, but the day was gathering heat already. So we drove over to the Lodge Restaurant which is situated next to the long row of camping cabins. There may have been a wedding the night before, because a large tent-canopy was set up and there was a large crowd of people. We were advised of a 20 minute wait for a table and given a pager. We browsed the gift shop while we waited. The breakfast buffet began with fresh fruits, pastries, then hot items consisting of eggs, sausage, bacon, a broccoli-egg casserole, pancakes, waffles and biscuits with sausage gravy. There was whipped cream and various toppings for the waffles. A seperate buffet table had donuts, pastries, muffins and yogurt with assorted toppings. We were happy with the variety of choices from light and healthy to sinfully sweet. The hot foods were kept good and hot and the cold foods were cold. Everything we ate was tasty and the price was fair, however drinks were not included. We would return again for breakfast buffet if we are in the area.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank OswegoJulieBug
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My daughter and I spent a couple days in a cabin for one last trip before she leaves for college. It couldn't have asked for anything better. Clean and comfy cabin, beautiful hiking, we actually caught fish, quiet campfires, and amazing dining! I loved the pork tenderloin with raspberry chipotle sauce and wild rice, and the chicken pot pie was so good we had it twice. Oatmeal was sooo good! I highly recommend this Inn. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 5JLC
Elgin, Illinois USA
“A real treasure, for the food, service and ambience.”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have been going to White Pines for almost 30 years and have never had a bad experience. The menu varies depending on the time of the day, day of the week and time of the year Their specialty seems to be traditional better than most homestyle American food with very few nods to International with occasional pasta or stir-fry. We never bother with anything but the old American Standards to which I can attest they do very well. The chicken pot pie is a splendid concoction of chicken vegetables, rich creamy sauce topped with puff pastry. The fish is very fresh and prepared per request. The ribs are delicious too. I am impressed with the attention to detail in the side dishes which all seem to be prepared in house as well, the broccoli salad, corn casserole, onion rings and sweet potato fries are all wonderful. The prices are reasonable considering the quality and the quantity and the service is very friendly and never remotely approaching haughty or snooty. The interior of the "Lodge" is absolutely cosy and charming. It is a true historic log structure with stone fireplace and wood floors built by the Conservation Corps during the Depression and is located within "White Pines State Park" which is an under appreciated lovely State Park (with free entrance).

• Visited July 2013