“New, Bright, Fresh”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
Ashton, MD
“New, Bright, Fresh”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This is a great hotel with large rooms, great bed, lots of work space, and friendly staff. It is located in a new shipping center and many of the shops have not opened yet. However, there are plenty of places to eat and a movie theater one block away. It is adjacent to a Costco but this did not seem disrupted.

The only low point is the breakfast. It was pretty lame. Suggest you eat elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rahsaan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed for two nights in the Hampton Inn in Mt. Prospect in June 2012. The hotel is very new and in a shopping center still in the process of being built. The lobby is great and my double queen room was spacious and clean.

The staff wasn't especially friendly and the breakfast was nothing special, but the hotel meets the Hampton Inn expectation very well....really it exceeds many Hamptons just because it is so new. I paid $30 less per night than when I stay 4 miles closer to the office, so I think the price is very competitive.

My room was located on the third floor down a very long hallway. If you're carrying heavy luggage you should ask for a room closer to the elevators. I could not get the internet to work very well so I gave up and used my air card. If you must have a fast internet connection this hotel probably won't be a good choice, but if you don't need the hotel's connection and want a competively rated hotel that is large and new this one might fit the bill.

Breakfast was what you might expect: yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, (terrible) scrambled eggs, bacon, and hash browns. The breakfast won't win any 5 star awards but it will keep you until lunch. There is a Pei Wei Asian Diner within walking distance.

Room Tip: Hallways are long so take this into consideration if traveling with small children or heavy bags.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Plymouth, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

This hotel is brand new, the check in was very fast and professional. There is secure underground parking, shopping and food choices all around. I will be returning to this hotel on future visits to Chicago area.

• Stayed June 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Great new property in Randhurst Village. Rooms are comfortable, common areas are great, and parking is secured. I would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank shubiega
Lewis Center, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have stayed at this brand new hotel twice now since it has opened and I am totally impressed with not only the location but the interior, guestrooms, fitness center, pool, meeting rooms and the staff. Kudos to the general manager for training his people to do hospitality the right way!

I was "upgraded" to a suite on both occasions and I will say they are very well appointed and have an abundance of space...not like your traditional hotel room. I asked to see a standard room and they are also over-sized. I was told there are sofa beds in several rooms which makes this hotel great for families. I'll be back with mine over Memorial weekend.

The hotel is situated in an outdoor style mall and there are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. I didn't have to get in my car once I returned to the hotel as I could walk everywhere... movie theater, Tony Saccos pizza, Billy Goat Tavern, Five Guys, Buffalo Wild Wings and more. Oh, they have complimentary underground parking available for hotel guests only, what a great perk this will be in the winter!

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members will most likely get an "upgrade" but from what I saw there are NO b...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John E
Atlanta
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I recently stayed at this newly opened hotel and I have to say that I was very impressed! This is not your normal Hampton Inn & Suites. It actually anchors an outdoor shopping center and movie theatre with a good choice of restaurants and shops. The hotel interior is well decorated and very comfortable. Great workout room and indoor pool as well. What I liked most of all was my room. I was put in a suite and really enjoyed the extra space and furnishings. I have not found any hotels like this in the area and the free breakfast is the topping on the cake! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Book a suite. They are reasonably priced and the extra room is a plus
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim S
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Called before opening and negotiated a rate with the manager, who told me to phone back in two weeks after his computer was set up. I did so and he didn't remember talking with me and refused to honor the rate. The irony was that it turns out that the hotels.com rate is even LOWER than that. What did he get out of that? Nice way to do business.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bgandl1
Greg K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
I apologize that I did not recall our conversation. I would be more happy to speak with you offline to see how I can assist you.

Best regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Rosemont Chicago O’Hare
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - Arlington Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago - A...
#1 of 10 in Arlington Heights

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect? Share your experiences!