“Excellent staff, Great Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect

Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Mount Prospect
“Excellent staff, Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Arrived at airport late Hotel made sure van pick up was there when i needed it. Pleasant drive to hotel. Driver Tim very accommodating. I needed to run a errand and they made the van and driver available to me. Could not have been nicer. I was here on a business trip of which i do not take many. This hotel is clean and well maintained. James Garcia one of the check in clerks is very accommodating also. Very nice young man.
I stayed three days and had no real need for a rental car. The restaurant at the hotel serves very good food and reasonably priced drinks. The bar tenders are just ok except for the woman who works Tuesday night she is great.
I was scheduled to leave on Wednesday late in the afternoon and they were nice enough to hold my bag while I went to work and schedule me for the ride back to the airport. Well United Airlines cancelled my flight and rescheduled me for the next day. I knew the hotel was booked the night before so I hoped they still had a available room. I knew they were very busy but the General Manager Mr. Dan Goel made sure i had a room. This has to be one of the best run hotels I have been in.
As a side note I overheard him talking to one of his employees and giving positive helpful guidience on how to handle a situation. He knows how to treat his employees with respect and it shows. Many of his employees have been here awhile.

If i ever have to come back to this area again, this is the hotel i would stay at. You should too.

Sincerely

Jim L.

Room Tip: Both rooms I stayed in were great rooms. Second Floor end. Ground floor parking lot side.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Jim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We chose this hotel while we were in Chicago for a three-day Star Trek Convention.

And choosing this hotel was the best thing! The location is absolutely perfect with restaurants, food joints, ATMs and shopping centers at a stone throw's distance.

The staff was friendly and welcoming and the rooms were clean and spacious complete with a small fridge and a good microwave. The sheets were new and although the bathroom seemed a little small, but it didn't bother much.

Even the cleaning lady was wonderful!

Overall, our stay was relaxing and rejuvenating!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Martha W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay! We're always love to hear from our happy guests! Thank you again!

(And I hope you had fun at the Star Trek Convention!!)

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

we had a nice lay over at this hotel. it is about a 10 minute shuttle drive. the staff was extremely nice, friendly, professional and accommodating. i spoke to the manager the next morning to tell him, and he was just as nice. there is a restaurant/bar at the hotel which was full of locals, so we felt the food must be good, and it was! there are also several restaurants and stores in walking distance for something to do. we will definitely stay there again when we have a layover

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ginger k
Martha-FrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Ginger,
We appreciate the time you took to let us know you enjoyed your layover at our hotel! Thank you so much for the kind review, and of course we hope you will choose the Holiday Inn Mount Prospect for your next stay in the area!!

Oak Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This may be just a regular Holiday Inn but they have 5 star service! The staff could not have been more helpful and some of the bridal group and family needed some help. Special thanks to the shuttle driver James who graciously drove back and forth moving people to and from the hotel to the venue. For groups this place delivers more than expected.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Martha-FrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Ellen, we're happy to hear that you and the wedding group enjoyed your stay, and I'll also let James know his service was appreciated!! Thank you for leaving us such a nice review!!

Rancho Palos Verdes, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our delayed flight left us stuck overnight in Chicago. Could have been a bad experience, but the front desk (James) was outstanding on every level. Nice, clean room, free wifi, shuttle service from/to ORD and the local 24 hour store. We had room service breakfast which was delivered quick, still hot, and cooked right!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
We always love to hear that our staff helped to make a long day a little better! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your comments are much appreciated!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

The service provided by the staff at Holiday Inn, Chicago, Mt. Prospect is exceptional. Martha, Tim, James, and Daniel have been truly attentive to all my requests for my last several stays and I appreciate their enthusiasm. They are always courteous and gracious. I look forward to staying again very soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Martha-FrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Ms. Brozovich,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!! I'll be sure to pass along your comments to James, Tim, and Daniel as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay with us!

Warm regards,
Coralville, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

As an employee of another IHG property in another state I pay close attention to everything when I travel. I pay attention to things that my property could learn from, and also things we definitely should be proud of that we don't do that other properties do.

A friend and I decided to come to the city for the weekend for leisure. We chose this hotel since it was in a nice town yet still close to Chicago. When I first checked in I noticed one of the gentlemen at the front desk on his cell phone. Then we had to wait for a room, which wasn't a problem. The lady that checked us in was pleasant, suggested that we use the east elevator as it would take us right to our room. Good to know. I wish we would've been told the internet code would change everyday as well. We got to our room and it was nice. Beds were comfortable, but the towels were very rough. And of course that night we had loud neighbors that we had to deal with.

We went out and about a few times during our stay, so we walked by the front desk a lot. Every time we walked by it didn't look like anyone was even working or being even slightly productive. Front desk guys walking around the lobby and talking to each other doing nothing. Very unprofessional.

The last night we decided to try Bar Louie in the hotel. It wasn't busy, as it was a Sunday night, but the service was bad. We sat ourself as the sign read, and wondered if were ever going to get a server. We finally got a server and she was very slow. Slow getting our food, and definitely slow to get our check.

Overall I'm disappointed in this particular IHG property. I expected a lot more from it reading the other reviews.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Martha-FrontDesk, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for leaving us your feedback of your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of service from our front desk that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. I will be reviewing your comments with our staff to assist in the continued training of our team. We hope we will have another opportunity to better serve you the next time you're in Mount Prospect!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mount Prospect
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Mt. Prospect
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare Northwest
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Heights
Wingate by Wyndham Arlington Hei...
#2 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Northbrook Wheeling
Ramada Plaza Chicago North Shore

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago - Mt Prospect? Share your experiences!