“OK place to spend the night”

Days Inn Mount Vernon
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 3 August 2010

The room was clean. The hotel was off the main roads and therefore very quiet. They have an elevator. McDonald's is nearby. Breakfast was very minimal except for the FRESH donuts. What a treat! If you just need a place to spend the night, this hotel is fine.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 January 2010

On Route 57, there are plenty of places to stay. When going up and down that road, we usually just stop when we are ready, and choose hotels mostly by convenience and external appearance. This Days Inn turned out to be a good place: We stayed there on the way down, and again on the way back. It was very clean, and the staff was quite friendly and courteous. Good hotel!

I did have some trouble getting the internet to work.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The place is filthy. There was a cockroach under my seat at breakfast, dogs walking past during breakfast, place reeks of cigarettes. The tub was black with nastiness. We contracted bed bugs and had to replace luggage and clothing. I picked nearly 30 off of me. The manager denies it and won't refund money back! He had a bug guy inspect and give him a clear report, but there were definitely bugs. I even showed the lady at the front desk. The inspector I'm sure didn't look very hard. These were the tiny hatchlings that are smaller than the head of a pin, which hide away during the day. We are still fighting for our money back.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank bedbugsKc
Reviewed 10 February 2009

My wife and I and our 2 little girls were moving to Minnesota and I saw this hotel thru Wyndham Rewards as I am a member to this. The pictures of the hotel are pretty accurate. The rooms and beds were comfortable. However, we were put on the 2nd floor as the front desk clerk advised me that the 1st floor rooms are where they put guests that have pets. I agreed and took the 2nd floor as I usualy like to be on the upper floors for less noise. When we went into the stairway it reaked of old stale cigarette smoke. I commented to my wife how bad it smelled. She agreed with me. We went into our non smoking room. It seemed nice and clean and didn't smell. However, in the hallway it smelled like smoke again as I was informed that the smoking and non smoking rooms were on the same floor. Except for the first floor which the hallway didn't smell like smoke.I informed the front desk and they gave me a can of air freshener to help with the smoke smell. This didn't work because smoke kept coming under our door from the hallway. The front desk did attempt to help me with this as one of the employees came up and went up and down the hall spraying air freshener. This only lasted so long. I did request to be moved to the first floor but was denied because we already were in our room for an hour. The breakfest the next morning wasn't that great. They have cold ceral for the kids and anyone that drinks milk. The other things that they had weren't that great and we ended up eating at Mc Donalds for breakfest after we gave our oldest daughter an apple and some cereal as she was hungry and wanted to eat there. Otherwise we would have just gone straight to Mc Donalds instead. This has made me decide to never stay there again as my family and I are moving back south and we will be staying at the Red Roof Inn in the area.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2009

When traveling to visit family, we look for hotels just for a good room and not so much for ambiance.
We were going to stay at another chain for 3 dollars less and glad we didn;t. Here I got free Wifi, a clean quiet room and breakfast.
if you need more to eat there are a bunch of places within walking distance.
A bit worn but modern and clean. Much more than expected.
Great Hit and Run place
We will be back

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 16 September 2008

This motel will fit the needs of any basic traveler.
The room was clean, breakfast was very basic and the desk was okay.
The pool area was clean and the parking lot can handle any size rig. We were driving a large rental truck and hauling a trailer. Several chain restaurants are within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2007

We arrived late and went to check in the lady at the front desk was rude, but we didn't care we had been on the road for 14 hours and we were ready to lay down! The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable! In the morning we enjoyed the free breakfast and checked out. The lady who checked us out was very friendly! We would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)