“Silver Streak scores”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Silver Streak scores”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I stopped by Silver Streak because of trip advisor reviews and we were pleased with the meal. It is hard to find, poorly marked, no curb appeal and the interior is nothing to get excited about. The food however was outstanding. I had catfish and my wife had Tilapia and both meals would have been excellent in a fancier restaurant. We were passing through on our way to St Louis where we are moving but will return here if trips East have timing that puts us close to Mt Vernon anywhere near meal time.

• Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
“Not as good as it use to be.....”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been to the Silver Streak many times and have had really good food in the past. Was in Mt. Vernon for the weekend, so I though we would give it a try. We ordered the Rib-eye special and there was nothing special about it. Everything was good except for the steak. It was so tough you could not eat it. It was very disappointing since they use to be known for their great steaks.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank cookiem01
Frankford, Missouri
“Excellent”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I lived in mount Vernon for 30 yrs and have recently moved to MO, I will be passing thru MTV Ina few days and pln on stopping in the Sliver Streak for a chicken salad sandwich it's the best I ever had.

• Visited March 2013
Red Bud, Illinois
“Great Little Find!”
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

I eat here often. I have never had anything bad. The fried chicken, cod, chicken salad sandwich, homemade chips are all great. I could go on, but would be naming most of the menu. Not a fancy place, but good food!

Franklin, TN
“Average diner food”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Small roadside diner in a depressed area of town. We drove 4 miles from Rte 57 to experience the Silver Streak for lunch given the great reviews here. We were a bit disappointed. Though the food is not the worst we've ever had, it's not great. The seafood is heated up frozen from a box/bag, the ribs were overcooked with sauce. The green beans were pale and flavorless. The iced tea is instant. Maybe this is good food for the area but I wouldn't visit again. Sorry Silver Streak.

• Visited August 2012