“Inexpensive,Basic,Clean Stopover”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Riverton, Wyoming
“Inexpensive,Basic,Clean Stopover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

It's a well run,clean budget motel. Beds are very good quality;decor and bathrooms are in good repair,nothing special. This is a place for a solo or couple traveler who want a place to stay one night enroute to a destination. Very Good breakfast in this budget range.

You can spend a lot more in Mount Vernon,but it depends on the individual as to whether or not that got more at the price.Be CAREFUL...this is NOT the shabby America's Best Value Inn located a block further south on 44th..which is a decaying ancient Holiday Inn re-branded. (See other reviews)

Excellent wi-fi...5 bars through out the property. Front desk folks are pleasant. This appeared to me to be an owner occupied property. For those whom "American-owned" is a flag for prejudice..well maybe try another facility. I didn't ask to see proof of citizenship. The owner was very nice.

Room Tip: The back rooms face away from the freeway.Noise is minimal.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ridem1953

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2011

Highly recommended! Fantastic value for money! Been traveling around the USA with my husband for two weeks and have come across some dodgey places in the same price range so this was really a gem!

Room: Safe, Clean, Cozy. $53 + tax. Double bed. Clean bathroom, good shower.  Wi-fi, tv, a/c all in excellent working order. No fridge/micro.

Service: highly friendly.

Breakfast: Great free breakfast menu with wide selection of hot & cold items. Waffles!

Other: No laundry facilities on site.

• Stayed June 2011
3 Thank MelbzHoneymooners
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

I stayed here for (luckily) one night. Upon entering the room, I noticed that the bureau holding the tv was broken. The tv didn't have cable, as advertised. There were very few outlets in the room, so charging electronics requiring a big of juggling of what should and shouldn't stay plugged in. One of the outlets didn't have a cover, which was not pleasing to the eye. When I tried to set up my laptop, I was unable to connect to the internet. I called the office and the woman, or man, I'm not entirely sure, told me that I needed to enter the password... well, duh... then she/he asked me what kind of computer it was... I told her/him and she/he said "oh you'll probably have to call them because they, and Apple make it difficult to connect to our wifi." I immediately rolled my eyes because it appeared that she/he was just being lazy and didn't want to take the time to help me. The next morning, I found out that their wi-fi wasn't even working. LIARS!

The walls were paper thing... I could hear entire conversations of the people in the next room (the must have been playing a game because they kept oinking like pigs.)

Also, the plumbing is noisy.

I would not stay there again, and I do NOT recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011

Travellers are raving about these Mount Vernon hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2011

My family and I were comeing from Atlanta, Georgia, with a car load of six people that were all tired and were sick of driving. And then thats when my wife and oldest son saw the bill board for Americas Best Inn's in Mount Vernon, Illinois. ////////me personaly didnt know that mount vernon even was on the map, but my wife told me thatis was a nice and quit place to rest . As soon as we saw the 95 exit we took it and there was the motel that we would call our second home.
The hotel staff was super nice to us tired folk's. We ended up getting two double beds for the children for the two bed special that they were having at the time, and my wife and I ended up getting a king size bed that made us sleep like babies.
The next morning we all woke up and went down to the lobby to have a wonderful breakfast that I was really surprised because I knew if we would've stayed at any other motel/hotel we wouldn't be getting a hot breakfast in the moring because it would've been cereal.

I would recommend anybody to come and stay at this motel if you would like to be treated like you didnt even leave your home then this is the place. Americas's Best Inn in Mount Vernon, Illinois.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank sean7280
memphis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

We arrived in Mt. Vernon late in the evening, and had previously booked a room at the America's Best Value Inn down the street, which looked like an abandoned building from the interstate. Please do not confuse the two hotels. The Best Inn (or America's Best Inn) was well-lit and looks much less sketchy. Upon entering the room, to me, it smelled faintly of dog and some flowery perfume used to cover the dog odor. The room looked dated, and the carpet was dark and appeared to be stained in places. I was not thrilled with the room, but after settling in, found the room to be clean and the bed quite comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful upon check-in, giving us all the details about breakfast, free wi-fi and asking if we would like a wake-up call. Breakfast the next morning was surprisingly good, with eggs, sausage, freshly made waffles, cereal, juice and other baked goods. For an overnight stay on the way to Chicago, this hotel was just fine, but for $70/night, I feel like we paid a bit too much (possibly the consequence of showing up at 1am).

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank HappyTrails2U
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed here one night on the way up to Chicago. Desk clerk was pleasant and we booked two rooms so our teenagers could have some room to spread out for the night. Rooms were adequate - beds were not too comfortable - but for one night it was tolerable. After we left and got to Chicago my daughter realized she left her wallet in the room on top of the TV. We called the hotel and they hadn't found it. They told me housekeeping was not reachable that evening and to call again in the morning. When I called the next morning they had not found the wallet and told me the room was sold the previous night which tells me one of two things....either the rooms never got cleaned between guests or that their housekeeping staff found and kept the wallet. Either one not acceptable. Luckily the wallet did not have much cash or important items (her expired drivers license!) but I find it hard to believe that a big pink Hello Kitty wallet could be overlooked in the cleaning of a room...

• Disliked — Unclean or dishonest - not sure which.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Memphis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2008

We stopped in Mount Vernon on my way to a craft show. We were pleasantly suprised by how nice the staff at the front desk was. Our room was comfortable and the linens were fresh. The next time I need to stay over in Mount Vernon, I will stay here.

• Liked — The value
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Cindykaylee