“They charged much too much for this room”

Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room was below standards for just about anyone. The exterior of the hotel was considerably rundown. Our room was dingy with worn bedding and the bedspreads should never have been put on the beds in the first place. The hanging shelving unit was placed in a precarious area near the sink and I hit it several times. Not enough shelf space to hang anything or storage to keep anything off floors. Towels were worn a s well. I won't be staying here again. In fact I'd rather sleep in my car than in this hotel again.Stains on ceiling, bed skirt, floor.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Deliastravels

Reviewed 20 August 2012

I stayed here on a cross country journey from NC to WA. I admit I was a little tricked by the name when I drove up. I thought I was staying at America's Best Value Inn, but noticed the name was different when I pulled into the parking lot. It was late, and we were tired. So, we just went with it. We paid $72 for two people, and that was with the AARP/Senior discount. This is a very high rate for the area. Typically, you expect to pay $50ish in the area.

The staff wasn't exactly welcoming, but just doing their job. We were told there was a hot breakfast for the morning. We got to the room, which was dark and old school. It wasn't exactly dirty, but showed wear. My blanket had a giant hole in the bottom of it. There has been an attempt to update, but sadly it was just hot and dark inside.

The room was extremely hot when we entered, but after a 30min with the door open, and then later the A/C on it got to a comfortable temperature. It had been over 100degrees that day.

There were hot items in the breakfast, but nothing that looked like I would eat it. We just left, and went on our way.

Overall, A place I wouldn't stay at again given the competition in the area. It was a little overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kahuku x
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We read the reviews which did not portray reality. It was ok, clean, very small dark room.Did not try breakfast. Expensive for the quality.Would not stay again.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary-Cherri W
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We were passing through on our way to TN for a family vacation. I was really excited, I read the reviews and went to expida.com booked the room. Got a GREAT rate of $53.00 says it has a hot breakfast and the rooms are clean.
The hotel lost our reservation, told me they didnt' have it. I said I'll go online and show them the confirmation email from expedia and they magically found the reservation. They said some times it takes hours to get it. I booked the reservation over 24 hours prior.
The room was clean, but the breakfast was horrible. The HOT breakfast was really bad, the eggs were not eatable, the sausage was GRAY! and the gravy was water with white clumps. The cereal was stale and the fruit was canned fruti contail. I was really dissappointed and won't be staying at this hotel EVER again. The food was bad (and i am big on breakfast) and the service was rude.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cilicia c
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I came to mt vernon just passing thru on business and was checking rates when i came across americas best inn...the front desk clerk informed me of the rates and specials they had to offer...i was pleasantly satisfied with the whole experience...the staff was excellent...rooms were very clean and modern....and the hotel was maintained beyond my expectations...the breakfast was excellent....thank you

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank jette m
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Free hot breakfast not so good, hard biscuits, lukewarm gravy, is that an egg??? U get the idea. Cleanliness, eh, so so. Cheap & it shows!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Kristyjojo13
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Stayed here after a long day's drive. Checked in at 11:00 pm with no trouble. Front desk help was real nice. Room was small but very clean. Had a nice LCD television with good reception. Bathroom had been re-done and was well maintained. Enjoyed the hot breakfast in the morning. Not an I-HOP experience, but better than a lot of complimentary breakfasts I've experienced. Basically, a good clean place to stay for a night without breaking the budget. Wouldn't stay here for an extended stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple