“Great place to stay”

Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here on our way south. It was clean, the staff were friendly, Continental breakfast was sufficient. We had a quiet restful sleep. Would stay here again. A comfortable place for not a lot of money. Easy access from the freeway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Mt Vernon

Reviewed 22 July 2014

For the night the place met my needs. Rooms were clean, bed was good and you were in walking distance of places to eat. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. I got what was required a clean room and bed to rest for a few hours.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

no decaf coffee
no coffee pot in room
no place for suit case
not worth price.
Price is way out of line for what you receive. Is easy access from interstate but can not recommend. Place is clean but we need our am coffee and use decaf which was unavailable.

Room Tip: no tips as not happy with stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

A 1 night "stop & drop" during a business trip. Larger Continental breakfast than "other places"... Staff was really nice. Was clean & it was quiet. I would stay here again. The price was right & everything was comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank candywrap
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Noisy, dated, old hotel, next to major intersection on the main highway in Mt. Vernon. Sounds like you are at a drag strip with every change of the light. Manager refused to give a room on quiet side of hotel as they are upcharged, and I had been in the room for two hours before I realized what this night was going to be like.

I had been in the room since 6:00, it's now 8:00 p.m. $10 tax on a $69.99 rate! = $79.99. Once they get your money, you are a prisoner for the night and I am not looking forward to it. Would not give me another room, or a credit so I could go down the road and find another hotel.

Oh, I am a senior and they charged $5.00 more for a room on the ground floor. Rooms on the second floor ( no elevator) are cheaper! Rooms on the quiet side are also upcharged. This old, sixties hotel plays pricing options like a fine violin.

I sensed a bad deal, yet after driving 800 miles today, I took a chance.....and lost. I should have gone to a Hampton Inn type hotel and enjoyed the comforts, quiet, and customer service when problems arise.

Room Tip: If you stay here, insist on a quiet room and negotiate the lowest rate. You get what you pay for...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Never again. Another one of our walk in hotels on our trip. This one was OVERPRICED, OLD, STINKY, CARPETS ROTTEN, BATHROOM AWEFUL, TOILET WOULD NOT EVEN FLUSH WATER AL THE WAY. we slept in our clothes because we were afraid to "catch" something. the AC/heating unit made enough noice to kind of drown out the truck running outside our window and do I even want to talk about the almost non existence of breakfast?!?! Well my fellow travelers DO NOT STAY THERE!! We arrived late and the front of the building looked ok so we paid and stayed.. but NEVER AGAIN!!!!! I think we would have had a better night if we'd slept in our car!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2013

My trip to my home state for a high school class reunion started off with a motel stay at this motel. I usually shop around to get the best rates, but decided we were too tired to hassle with that, so we stopped at America's Best Inn. The manager quoted us a price, which i thought was rather high, but he stressed that they had a free hot breakfast. and showed us this impressive list of foods.
We got the room.... First off, I do not like rooms that go directly outdoors, but what really got me was how small the room was, with no microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, or anything... just a basic bed.
My husband and I both had trouble getting on the internet. the manager was really no help at all, and basically blew us off when we asked about it. My husband finally took my laptop down to the manager since we got no help otherwise. Manager's comment was basically that " nobody else was having this problem", when in fact I heard him talking on the phone to another customer having trouble, as well.

Now for the breakfast.....another joke as well.... cold flat pattied eggs.... must be egg beaters or something...Nobody manning the breakfast area. We paid $68.00 and some change for this place. On the way home from our trip, we paid less than that for a motel room that was at least twice as large, complete with easy WIFI access that WORKED, a fridge, microwave, down comforters, coffeemaker,fitness center, pool, hot tub, and a fantastic breakfast...... at a motel in Plainfield, Indiana..( where you would expect higher rates because of the airport being nearby).. and their staff was an added plus!!

I will never give America's Best Inn another dime of my money!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends