“Good, basic hotel, great staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Mount Vernon

Comfort Suites Mount Vernon
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good, basic hotel, great staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here overnight on a swim meet weekend in September 2013. The room was spacious, clean, and as described. The hotel appears to be well maintained and still pretty new. The pool was good. We were on the first floor and heard a bit more noise from doors and other guests that I would have liked, but not much more than "average" for other hotels. The included breakfast is quite basic and the coffee was really bad, so bring some Starbucks VIA. We do plan to stay here again and have reservations for next month.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
To our Valued guest:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know about your hotel experience. We thank you for your kind words and I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We do hope to see you again and please tell others.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Pacific Northwest
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped here after a long day's drive. The hotel was easy to find, and the lot is spacious. The lobby seemed particularly large and well lit, with two friendly and helpful staffers at the front desk. Checkin was a breeze. The room was spacious and clean, with comfortable beds and pillows. Plenty of power outlets and USB charging ports for all the electronics, which is great. The window mounted heater was reasonably quiet and very effective. Bathroom was also fine, except for the shower head which flopped helplessly down, delivering a stream of water right into the tub drain. By the time we discovered this, we had already settled into the room and had no interest in moving, though the front desk did offer to do so. So, we made do with the crappy shower and enjoyed sleeping in the clean comfy beds. I guess from now on I should really check that shower to be sure it's working before I settle into a room!

The only real downer was that when I went down to the indoor pool to take a dip in the hot tub was a moron hanging out there with his phone and a cigarette. He had clearly been there for some time, as the whole place was hazy and stank of smoke. I left in disgust. They need to do a better job keeping the rednecks and hillbillies from smoking in the enclosed pool where doing so would clearly ruin the place for other guests.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
To our Valued guest:

We thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know about your hotel experience. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with our friendliness, location and cleanliness. I sincerely apologize about the busted showerhead that has since been promptly replaced. I apologize about the inconsiderate guest in the pool area. I have informed my staff to make frequent rounds to the pool area to help limit this situation from reoccurring. Thank you for letting us know.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

First - - the hotel..... Very clean. Very convenient. Very comfortable. Very Friendly.

Secondly - - the staff and their honesty. I accidentally left my diamond solitaire wedding band in the room after checking out. Several hours later and miles away, I realized I had forgotten my ring. I immediately called & was reassured by the front desk that my ring had been found by housekeeping and turned in for safe keeping. After being able to identify my ring to the General Manager, he went above & beyond to have my ring shipped back to me.

I am happy to say that my ring is back with me and even happier to recommend this hotel based on our stay and the AWESOME staff. Thank you to everyone at Comfort Suites, Mount Vernon, IL.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
To our valued guest TB:

I want to personally thank you for taking your valuable time to let me know about your hotel experience. I am very happy you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I am very proud to say we have honest people and very happy we were able to return your ring. We do hope to see you again.
Grant City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

What a pleasant place to stop over. Front desk was so helpful and kind. Room was spotless and comfortable. Breakfast was over the top nice. The breakfast hostess went well beyond the call of duty making sure everyone was happy and everything was fresh. To bad we didn't get a chance to use the pool etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
To our valued guest Famergidget :

I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know about your hotel experience. I am very happy to hear that the front desk was helpful, the room was spotless and the breakfast food and service were top notch. We strive to exceed your expectations.Thank you for your business. We do hope to see you again .
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Trying to find a hotel that welcomes large dogs is difficult - trying to find one that welcomes TWO large dogs is really difficult. Trying to find a clean, nice-smelling, comfortable place that takes two large dogs is right near impossible. This place was wonderful. The rooms were clean, quiet, and large enough that my sister, my great pyr, my boxer and I all slept soundly and peacefully and will absolutely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank lavancil
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
To our valued guest:

We are very pleased to offer pet friendly accomodations. Thank you for taking your valuable time to let us know about your hotel experience. Thank you for sharing the picture as it is priceless. We are proud of the fact " The big Dog(s) are in the house". We do hope to see you again and please tell others.
desoto, mo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very good experience, clean room, very comfortable bed. The 2 times I got to go to the pool I had it all to my self, only wish the water temperature was warmer. Another plus is the pool & hot tub area is open 24 hours. We will stay there again if ever in the area. The staff was friendly & helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sldrd
mtvernongm, General Manager at Comfort Suites Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
To our valued guest Sharon d

I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to let me know about your hotel experience. I am pleased to hear you appreciated our friendliness and cleanliness. We do provide a 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub and we are glad you were able to take advantage of this. Thank you for letting me know the pool temperature was not warm enough. I did personally investigate this and we found out a fan failure was not letting the pool heater work properly. The fan has been replaced and thus the proper pool temperature is now being maintained. Thank you for letting me know. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Hudsonville, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The room’s bed and bath were clean and comfortable. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi were good as were the Internet and tv.

There was no chair by our room’s desk, something that should have been realized by housekeeping but comments by people working the front desk seemed to indicate that it had not been. However, a chair was brought in promptly.

We had difficulty getting from the King bed area to bathroom when sofa bed was in use -- not enough room for walking when it was opened. Although this room was billed as a King suite, there was no wall separating the bedroom from the living area. just a partial partition.

The person helping with breakfast was friendly and helpful, but the breakfast did not come up to the standards of some other motels we have used. Both the cheese and the egg of the “omelets” seemed manufactured and there were no toppings to help the taste or texture. I usually like biscuits with gravy, but this was sub par. There were no toppings we could use for hot cereal or waffles.

After getting home, we noticed we had been charged a safe fee, though we had not requested use of a safe an had not used it. We called and were told that this was an automatic charge. We asked to have it removed but were not given assurance that would be possible. Warning!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
To our valued guest Ex Diplomat2000:

I want to thank you for taking your valuable time to let me know about your hotel experience. I am pleased to hear you appreciated the cleanliness and friendliness . I will pass your comments on to the owner in reference to lack of space when the sofa sleeper is in use. We always look to upgrade our breakfast and welcome all recommendations. Thank you once again for sharing your experience. If I can be of assistance please contact me personally. (618) 244-2700.

Kerry Dodson