Motel 6 Mount Vernon
US$117
US$134
US$128
US$124
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon(Mount Vernon)
US$122
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
US$79
Cancelon
All reviewsroom was cleanfree wifismall dogflat screen tvstay there againflooringinterstatetaxespetgeorgia
Reviewed 25 May 2012 via mobile

Very clean rooms. Newly remodeled. Very affordable. The staff was very nice and helpful. Many restaurants nearby. I would highly recommend! :)

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ahappygirl
atheneonm6, General Manager at Motel 6 Mount Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Reviewer:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 #4658 Mount Vernon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Sam Patel
Motel 6 - Mt Vernon, IL

Reviewed 23 December 2011

we got a late start and night driving and rain are not for us. I checked on tripadvisor and the reviews were ok and the price for the room could not be beat. The front desk was friendly but I was under the impression this was a new motel 6 or remodeled. The bath tub was rusted on the bottom, the towels were stained but the worse part was one of the beds when I pulled the blanket down was full of dog hair. I called the front desk and they offered to change our room but we were already unpacked and my family had left to go get a late dinner. The owner/manage came and changed the sheets but he was not pleasant - I did not realize until after the conforter also had dog hair on it. Will not stay here again but in their defense i really think the previous "guest" hid the fact of an animal and the made it appear no one slept in that bed. However someone should have checked. It is just so sad because once again all the front desk people we came in contact with were very nice. they even gave us coupons for the hardees next door and a newspaper .

Room Tip: the price,location to the interstate are great, the Hardees next door is the best, they made a fresh pot of coffee for me.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2011

We stayed here at the last minute on our return from California. We were going to drive on through but didn't want to drive through storms at night. We checked in at 11:30 pm. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. This motel is refurbished and is not the same one that was in the Motel 6 guide. When we called the number in the guide and set up a hold we found out that it was not Motel 6 any longer but someplace called Cozy Inn. When we saw the new Motel 6 we stopped in and stayed there instead.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2011

As ever, I really appreciate Motel 6's affordability and pet-friendly policies -- and I'm used to being placed in a rear/remote room location "the pet ghetto rooms" (because of traveling with a pet) and I sometimes even request this -- but when I checked into my room at this Motel 6, there were already gobs of white dog fur all over the carpet next to the bed -- looked like a husky did some serious shedding as a previous occupant. There was a 20" x 4" puddle of standing water next to the bath tub, "people hairs" on the bathroom floor, and toothpaste spit splatters on the wall behind the bathroom sink. The bathroom also smelled a bit like mildew. Housekeeping was definitely NOT up to par in this room at this location.

That said, the room featured a new updated bed spread, better pillows (one firm, one soft feather) and new sheets -- also a desk with a lamp, and more modern decor. They gave me the ground floor room I requested, and it had a microwave and fridge too. Bed was a little hard, but at least it wasn't saggy.

I reported about the bath tub puddle problem and the dog hair when I checked out the next morning, and the desk clerk was friendly and seemed very pro-active and wrote down my room number and all my complaints.

There's a really good Kroger grocery right next door to the hotel and tons of food options nearby -- also a good vacant lot outside the "pet ghetto" rooms where is was possible to really run my little dogs and throw a tennis ball, etc. without disturbing anyone. All in all, a good stop for pet owners -- just hope they get their housekeeping up to speed!

Room Tip: pretty quiet on the back side of the hotel -- lots of parking -- even for campers and big trucks with trailers (semis aren't allowed though!)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2011

When you check into a room at a Motel 6, you obviously don't (and should not) expect the same amenities as one would find in a Ritz-Carlton luxury hotel suite. That being said, my wife and I were not at all disappointed when we checked into our room. Nothing spectacular, but it was a nice, comfortable, clean room. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, the bed was large and comfortable, the bathroom was nice and clean. There was also a little computer desk/work station in the room that was quite convenient for working on my laptop computer (free wi-fi by the way). One added little touch we found nice, was a call we received from the front desk clerk about 10 minutes after we checked in asking us if our room was suitable and everything was ok. The only minor complaint I had was that in the morning I had to wait approximately 10 minutes for the shower to warm up. It eventually did warm up just fine and had no problems after that. The location of the Hotel was also a plus - not far off the interstate and had nice restaurants nearby. Wal-Mart just across I-57 and a winery less than a mile away. I would not hesitate at all to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple