“Really?”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
San Clemente, Ecuador
“Really?”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I just was connected to the internet through your (Holiday Inn, Mount Vernon) service (I am a current guest) and chuckled at the spade of poor reviews on your own site. I was just in the restaurant tonight and another woman started a conversation about how poor the service is here, and how dated the hotel appears. Another gentleman jumped in the conversation saying that the restaurant staff were in a tizzy trying to serve the few tables that were present and how he was taking his group of 10 guests across the street to Buffalo Wild Wings instead of eating as planned at the hotel. This isn't a bandaid fix, or a lecture or correction to a particular staff member. This clearly is a reflection on the management team who permits an on-going lackluster commitment to customer service and an acceptance of mediocracy.

Room Tip: Asked three time to be assured I would get a non-smoking room.........you guessed it. Room was satu...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank megoreilly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear megoreilly,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns We are happy you like our location. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and apologize that our hotel fell below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. We greatly appreciate your opinion and suggestions. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

First time stay here. Staff was very friendly. Easy check in/out. Sports bar restaurant. Ok food, good service. Room was fine with great bed linens and a king size bed. Ladies-bring hair conditioner and shower cap. The rest is provided. While a bit tired, they are upgrading (linens, extended shower curtain, free wifi). I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Semomu,

Ferdinand G
El Paso, Illinois
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We travel frequently with our dog. It's not that easy finding a hotel that provides rooms that look and smell clean when you travel with your dog. That is what we want and that is what we found at the Mt Vernon Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Room 507 had a bit of a shower drain problem. We reported it. Hopefully it is fixed.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Huntsville, Al.
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stopped here while on a road trip & within an hour of checking in, had injured myself on a 6 inch piece of metal protruding off the bed frame & hidden by the bedskirt. The front desk kindly offered to take $5 off my bill for the. She seemed indifferent to say the least. On my return home I contacted the hotel manager & explained what happened, sent pictures of the bed and injury, and he kindly sent a certificate for a free night stay which I may or may not use. From one who travels a great deal, this is how customer service should be handled!

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear alakatski,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I regret that the room accommodations you were given were a disappointment. Despite this, it is good to know that our Manager followed up with you regarding this situation. We will certainly use your comments for improvements needed.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G
Milford, Kansas
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The room was good, some trash left over in the drawers, minor oversight. But, the front desk attendant was absolutely rude, and felt the need to lie to me about the reservation. She made comments as i was leaving to the room which were directed at me; I was too tired to acknowledge them.
I was never greeted to the hotel, nor even greeted as a platinum member. While i never said anything, in my mind I guess the front desk help is tough to get in this area. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool side are quite noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank moto66514
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mount Vernon, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear moto66514,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. However, I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Janice A
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I had a great overall stay at the holdiay inn at mount vernon. The lobby was great, the breakfast in the morning is pretty good and a slight better than the express. The rooms were great and had an overall clean feel. The hotel was close to alot of restaurants and the key system was wireless which was pretty awesome.

The only thing I didn't like was my check in. The lady there was horrible and did not know what she was doing. She was rude but everyone else was great.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Chu303
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I was very skeptical of staying here because of the previous reviews but I will have to say that I have no complaints. The room was clean and the bed was ok. In the morning he hallway was super hot which was weird but all in all it was an ok stay. I will mention that I did not try the breakfast area.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business