“Truck/RV parking”

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Franklin, Tennessee
“Truck/RV parking”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

We are taking a trip in our RV and on our way thru decided to stop for the night at the large gravel parking lot of this motel. At 1:15 am we were awakened by a "gentleman" who told us "move or be towed." We take many trips and have stayed at americas best value hotel before when we were traveling by auto, we will never stay there again. And I might add that I do not believe America's Best Value Hotel is not ran by Americans. The lot was very large and not crowded. I hope someday this "gentleman" is awarded the same curtesy he extened these weary travelers!

Room Tip: Travel on and find a real value!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We pulled in around 9:00pm needing a place to sleep and shower. If I had my way about it I would had stayed down the street. The room was old, carpet had holes in it, as well as the blankets. The walls needed painted, the bed was off level. The door was hard to lock. I would not even eat breakfast because I did not want to deal with the people who ran the hotel. I would not recomend my worst enemy to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2012

the staff was very friendly and nice older motel but very clean but need some work the shower is like standing in this world and need a elevator too many steps to climb to get to the top but I guess is good for truck driver right we need to lose weight when you get finished driving 11 hours the last thing you want to do is climb a lot of steps ask 4 the first floor and got it awesome but very very quiet so you able to get some sleep and plenty of truck parking

• Stayed June 2012
Orlando
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I was expecting a crappy room for the price but I was pleasantly surprised! I've stayed in much more expensive places where there was some annoying problem in the room. Here, even though the building is old, my room was immaculately clean and EVERYTHING worked perfectly. All lamps, microwave, mini-fridge, TV, radio, hairdryer, air conditioner, etc...I had a GREAT hot shower, more than enough towels and a fast internet connection. A decent desk and easy chair and the bed was nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. The staff were very polite and there was a mini breakfast in the lobby with clean tables, and a big screen TV. Give this place a try if you are passing through and you don't have 5 star expectations. Only thing I didn't like was no coffee maker in the room. Stayed 3 nights

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Patrick C
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Front desk very pleasant, excellent Chinese buffet under the same roof, bar-b-que down the street, king size bed, microwave, refrigerator, 80 cable channels, free wireless Internet, art on the wall, quiet, three big white sets of towels, blow drier, adjustable shower head, free breakfast!

I like it!!

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank 1RollingStoned
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Staff was very friendly and nice, building is old, but room was clean and it was what could be expected for the $ you paid. Internet worked great! There was a little fridge which was helpful. Breakfast included cereal, toaster items, juice and coffee. We stayed there three days and it was ok for the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2011
Franklin Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I just read all the reviews and probably should have before we stayed there. They are all true! The room smelled musty and like it hadn't been used in a very long time. We sprayed it with febreeze to make it tolerable. There were few cars in the parking lot. When I read that the top floors were not being used, that just scared me. There are many hotels in the area. Do not choose this one!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple