“not sure what you want”

Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 18 October 2013

It was a nice hotel I always enjoyed the hampton tiara the girl at the front desk was very polite and helpful and I loved the beds very comfortable I recommend if you like a nice place too stay this would be it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Phyllis_bruce, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn-Mount Vernon, IL. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and the friendliness of our front desk staff. I will relay your compliments to Tierra.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a conference next door. The hotel lobby was nice, but was very warm. I think that they must have turned the air conditioning off a little too soon.

The front desk clerk was nice and helpful, but I had minimal interaction with her.

The room was clean and so was the bathroom. The noise from the air conditioner was very loud, but not loud enough to muffle the sounds coming from the rooms next to mine. I could not sleep because of the loud air conditioner and the loud mail voices that did not quiet down until after 3:00am. The sounds were a big distraction.

The mattress slipped all over the box springs for some reason. Whenever I would sit down the mattress would move at least three inches. I am not sure if it was because of the material used for the mattress pad, but it was the oddest sensation.

Breakfast food the next morning was complimentary but for the most part it was not kept very warm. The omelets were lukewarm at best. The sausage gravy was thick and clumpy and not hot either. The apple juice was good and cold though.

I would stay here again if I had to, but would probably look for another hotel since there were many choices in the immediate area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn Mount Vernon, IL. We are glad to hear you found our lobby pleasing and front desk staff friendly and helpful. We are also happy that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the bathroom. I apologize for the other issues that you experienced that were not as satisfactory. We have looked into these matters and are working to rectify them. Thank you for letting us know, as we want to address any issues properly to ensure that every stay is a pleasant one. We hope this will not deter you from using the Hilton Brand or visit our Mount Vernon IL- Hampton Inn property in the future.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

A group of us recently stayed for a week (we always stay at Hamptons) and had a very pleasant experience. My room was quiet and clean which is pretty much all I ask for! Because I don't normally sleep very well, I've learned to travel with my own pillow (unfortunately I had it in a white pillowcase). After my room was cleaned one morning, I realized my pillowcase had been changed and accidentally replaced with a hotel linen. While not a major issue, it does match our sheets at home and I was doubtful I'd ever see it again. I informed the front desk clerk and she said they would try to find mine. The next day when I returned from work, my pillowcase was folded on my bed with a very nice handwritten note on it!!! I was so impressed that the staff bothered to search through what I'm sure was hundreds of pillowcases just to return mine. Thank you for the personalized service - will definitely return next time I'm in town!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased to find out that during your week long stay with us your experience was very pleasant and your room clean and quiet. Thank you for your compliement to our front desk and housekeeping staff for finding and returning your personal pillow case. We were happy to provide that personl service for you. I will relay your appreciation to them. We appreicate your business and are glad you plan to stay with us again here at the Mount Vernon, IL - Hampton Inn in the future.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Excellent hotel - have made this Hampton Inn a stopover for several years - highly recommend it. Breakfast was of good quality - breakfast attendant was "on top" of her responsibilities. Desk clerk upon arrival was welcoming and most helpful. Have left a "packed" car in parking lot overnight many times - never a problem.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you are a returning guest and have enjoyed staying with us for years. Thank you for your compliements. We are glad that our breakfast attendant was "on top" of her responsibilities and the front desk was friendly and helpful. We hope you continue to frequent our property here at the Hampton Inn - Mount Vernon, IL.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon was unplanned, but our time here was enjoyable. The gentlemen at the front desk really was accommodating and understood our needs. We had been driving for about 8 hours and thought we should stop. We use Hampton often and have installed the Hilton and Hampton app on our phones. We called not knowing what to expect at such a late hour. The guy who answered the phone was really great.
I have really grown to like Hampton. The beds are comfortable, pillows are amazing and the rooms are always clean and inviting. The post-its telling me things were cleaned crack me up!
Breakfast in the morning is an added perk of the stay!

Thanks for doing what you do! If we find ourselves in your area again we'll be sure to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn- Mount Vernon, IL. We are so pleased to hear that our front desk staff member was friendly and helpful when you arrived. We are also happy that you found our bed and fillows comfortable, rooms clean and inviting and breakfast satisfactory. We are glad you ejoyed your stay and plan to return again!

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was large and well furnished. Bathroom was fine. There was a big spa tub in an alcove. Didn't use it, but the people in the room upstairs did, very late, and it was incredibly noisy in our room. Only down side. Breakfast was typical, nothing special.

• Stayed: September 2013
Phyllis_bruce, Manager at Hampton Inn Mt. Vernon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at the Hampton Inn - Mt. Vernon, IL. I am glad you had a good stay with us. I will have maintenance check into the noise from the jacuzzi tub from above you. I do apologize for that. I hope the rest of your stay was satifactory and that you stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We only stayed one night and that was enough for me. The mattress was lumpy and the pillows flat. The bathroom was nice. The floor needed a good vacuuming. The fridge was huge but it wasn't very cold. The counter person was trying to check us in with a mouth full of food. Instead of saying "just a minute" and swallowing, she assisted and spoke to me with her dinner showing. She was also eating the next morning when we checked out. I was able to see her dinner and breakfast partially chewed in her mouth. I was so grossed out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at the Hampton Inn - Mt. Vernon, IL. I do apologize for my staff and their lack of manners. I also want to apologize that the bedding was not up to standard for your stay and I am going to check into this as well. I would like for you to contact me regarding your stay so I can learn more about your issues and address them properly. Thank you again for your feedback and I do hope you will try our brand and hotel again.