“Paradise of Nowhere”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Mount Vernon
Reviewed 27 June 2012

For a low price stay the rooms are clean. I'm a smoker and rarely do you find a room that doesn't smell like a rotten sock when you're a smoker. Rooms are well stocked with towels, and other small amenities. My room had a fridge and microwave that both worked and were clean. Their staff at the front desk in the morning was nice and helpful while the desk attendant at night was lazy and acted as if even talking to her was a major interruption of her magazine time.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank EchoSlim8

Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

This hotel is an older Quality Inn, but is not awful. The beds were comfortable and we did not notice the musty smells or uncleanliness mentioned in other reviews. The carpet was worn and the hallway from the lobby to the room smelled like smoke, but the room smelled fresh. The breakfast is adequate with waffle makers, cereal, biscuits and gravy, pastries, and fruit. It is an ok place to stop for a night, but the price is high for the quality of the hotel. It seems that other nearby exits, such as Salem, may have lower prices for sometimes better rooms.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank tolandowski
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This place scared me. Female, traveling alone.

"Professional Photographer Photos" must have been paid big bucks to carefully angle that camera to make those rooms look like that.

Norman Bates came to mind, but after much thought, no the Bates Motel was pretty darn decent! Everyone has their opinion but I would like to know what type of person could say this place was great. This place reminds me of an Extended Stay kind of "establishment" or for those who have left a strip club.

I'm used to wooden dining chairs (in my room) to NOT ROCK when I situate myself. Level floors are nice like maybe no surprises when I stumble on a speed bump twice while walking across this musty, dingy, dark, dismal room.

The towels were thin and rough looking. The bathroom light was overhead of the toilet and looked like maybe 40 watts. A black film was on the curtain rod.

The bedding looked like something from Goodwill, used hard and put away dirty and the blanket was hanging down almost on the floor. I couldn't even sit on it.

People PAID $70 for this? I thought maybe $40!

I hope I get my free room points back or I will be really angry!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JAVA06
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stopped late one night to rest while traveling from up north to Louisiana...had to stop and sleep and this was the best rate. Rooms were out dated, smelly, and down right dirty! We didn't even want to chance taking a shower being as the shower curtin was covered in mold. Hair every where in the room and bathroom. Carpet was dirty...only took my shoes off to sleep. Breakfast was yucky! Everything was dirty in the breakfast area! We ended up walking accross the street to McDonalds! Not the best place to stay but I guess it was ok to stop and rest for the night...however we won't be returning!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank nr879
Reviewed 31 March 2012

First the staff were pleasant except the managers. The evening/night manager appeared to not want to be there at all, hopefully just a bad night and not his normal. I asked about the availablity of an item, he gruffly indicated he would look, opened one desk drawer and told me, the it wasn't available.
This was a two floor facility without an elevator, so anyone that cannot use the stairs should diffenately ask for the ground floor when making reservations.
The rooms were clean, we had a no smoking room but the bed covers had cigarette burn areas through them. The small cough, when I sat on it, I almost fell through the seating to the floor, the sag was that great.
The WiFi was weak signaled.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My sister and I stayed here when it was Comfort Inn. Prior to our arrival, we reserved a handicap-accessible room. Upon our arrival, we found the room was not as promised. The desk clerk did not know what a handicap accessible room was. No offer was made to correct the situation, the manager (Victor Patel) was unavailable, and there was no referral to stay elsewhere. Following the uncomfortable visit, we tried to contact someone in parent office, but received a blunt response that they would do nothing about it. Although we have since stayed in Choice Hotels in other locations, we will never stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jeffery64
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The room from all aspects is poor. From the check in, to the room to the terrible breakfast the next morning. I will never stop in Mt Vernon again. If you are traveling on I-57 go south a little further and stop at the Quality Inn, in Marion, for the same price you get a better stay. This room smelled musty. It was a non-smoking room but you could still smell smoke. It also smelled like some one had a pet in the room that peed. The heater was so loud we couldn't sleep so we have to crank up the heat then turn it off to get to sleep. When I rate the resturant I am rating the breakfast in the hotel. .

Room Tip: Don't stop in Mt Vernon, stop in Marion. Marion is located about 30 miles south of Mt Vernon of...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family