“night without sleep”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mundelein
DeWitt, Michigan
“night without sleep”
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We had planned to stay two nights while visiting our daughter in Mundelein. We arrived late in the evening after a long drive and looked forward to a good night's sleep. Shortly after falling asleep, we were awakened by the loud sound of water running in the toilet. The tank filled every 45 minutes throughout the night startling us awake every time. In the morning we reported our experience to the staff. Although very polite, we were told that there was nothing they could do because we did not report the problem sooner. Had we reported the problem the previous night they said, they would have moved us to a different room.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Flatwoods
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We recently stayed 7 nights at this hotel. It was clean and neat. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff was especially nice and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was more than adequate serving cereal, toast, bagels. pastries, waffles, egg and cheese omlets, sausauge and fruit. They also had milk, juices and coffee. The lobby always had fresh coffee available and free daily newspapers. The Wi-Fi in the room was wonderful, only going out during some of the thunderstorms we had. We checked in on a Friday and if I had any complaints at all it would be that the pool and pool area were not kept up well during the weekend, but through the week it was very neat and clean and plenty of pool towels were available. We booked our room through booking.com and got an excellent rate and we will definately be back to stay as my son and granddaughter live in this area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Flordia
Reviewed 22 August 2010

This is a very well maintained Comfort Inn. The rooms are very clean and the staff is extremely friendly. The furniture shows sign of age but it is well maintained. There are really not many options in Mundelein as far as lodging but this hotel is perfect for a night or two if you need to be in the area. This is actually the first Comfort Inn I have seen with an Arcade room, they must have at least 8 or 9 high tech games which I did play for awhile since there is not much to do in Mundelein. The breakfast was up to par and the price was right. I will stay again next time I am on sales calls in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 August 2010

Compared to other motels at this price, this place was above average. Full breakfast, laundry room, quiet and clean, friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Stayed here for a weekend getaway after attending a nearby event. I travel frequently for business and normally trust the Comfort Inn brand. I requested a handicap room due to my spouse's disability. It appears they picked the worst room and slapped the "handicap" accessible sign on it. No doubt in my miond it did not meet ADA standards from the less than 42" wide entrance to the narrow walkway into the room itself to the step in bath with no stool or handheld shower to its non-ADA tolet seat height to the hard to negotiate room with its furniture in close proximity to the bed. Then we can talk about the pillows that collapse to paper thin when you rest your head on them to the noise level to the poorly lit bathroom to the squeezing around the serving area, people, chairs and dinning tables for the less than average free breakfast. I will definitely be taking a closer look at these ratings for future business and liesure travel, especially when its Comfort Inns.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dixon, IL
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We used ChoiceRewards points to pay for a king-sized room with double whirlpool in this 3 star "Platinum Rated" by Choice Hotels. The room was large & clean. The whirlpool worked fine, but was noisy when draining. The TV was an older model with poor picture quality, especially if you're used to high definition. We had a microwave that worked & a fridge that had been turned off. The tray under the freezer section was filled to the brim with old water. I used an extra wash cloth & the ice bucket to remove the water, so we could start the fridge. I didn't want to bother the polite check-in clerk at 9:15 pm. Their breakfast had lots of sausage links,cold, un-shelled hard boiled eggs, bananas, cereals, juices, milk & do-it-yourself waffles. We got there with 30 minutes to go, so there might have been other items offered earlier. There are two steps up to the breakfast area. This is not a handicap-accessible facility. I'm guessing the newer Doubletree Suites across the street is.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Davenport, IA
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Came to spend some quiet time away from work and stress, and found what I was looking for! From the first moment I checked in, I was impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I did not have a wireless laptop, and they provided me with an adapter/wi-fi receiver free for my use during my stay. The ambience was unique and I enjoyed it! The clock in the courtyard was nice. The spa and gym in the ground floor were clean and easy to use. The game room was fun! And the breakfast was good. Would recommend to anyone and would stay again!

• Stayed November 2007, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mundelein
DoubleTree by Hilton Libertyville - Mundelein
Candlewood Suites Chicago Libertyville
Hotel Indigo Chicago - Vernon Hills
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago-Libertyville
Comfort Suites Grayslake
Comfort Suites Grayslake
#1 of 1 in Grayslake
Holiday Inn Express Vernon Hills

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Mundelein Libertyville Area? Share your experiences!