“The rap on wraps”

Cuisines: American, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Beware of the wraps, found bugs on the lettuce during a recent lunch visit. And while the wait staff was willing to replace the dish with another (which We didn't want due to loss of appetite) no other compensation offered. Outside patio was pleasant as always, but stick to the burgers.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I went here for lunch on a Thursday afternoon with my mother and daughter. We went here based on Tripadvisor recommendations and a recommendation from the saleslady at Country Curtains. We got there around 11:30 and asked to sit outside. They have a nice tent covering much of the patio, so you don't have to worry about the sun moving on you midway through your meal if don't care to sit in the sun; however, you will either be in all shade or all sun, so no compromising if half your party wants sun or shade. At first we were taken to a table in the sun, but we asked to sit in the shade and were accomodated.

We should have known when we saw the place, but forget it if you want to sit outside for a relaxing meal or drinks. The corner is extremely loud with nonstop horns and traffic sounds, which competes with the music they are playing, which was a little loud in my opinion and not my kind of music, although not obnoxious.

Our server came by immediately and took our drink order, which was then served promptly. He then took our lunch orders. I had the fish tacos. My mother had the pork belly tacos and my daughter had chicken fingers. Our orders arrived timely. We were told the silverware was in a bucket on the table, which I didn't really care for. We were digging through looking for forks and kept pulling out knives, which were there, but just found it a bit odd.

My fish tacos were average. They really lacked any kind of flavor or zip. I would not order them again. My mother said her pork tacos were good. She was a bit unsure about ordering them, but the waiter convinced her to try them. My daughter said the chicken fingers were good, but how hard is it to make chicken fingers.

Drink refills were brought right at the right time and our bill was presented exactly when we were ready for it as well as being picked up afterwards.

I would not go back to this place next time I'm in Naperville, not because it's so horrible, but becasue it's just average and there are too many other places to try. I really wish we would have gone to Hugo's, the other recommendation by the Country Curtains saleslady. We just happened to stumble upon Jimmy's first, and we were not sure if Hugo's had outdoor seating.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Five for dinner, 45 minute wait but reservation didn't show so we were seated outside right away. Hostess taking name kept asking if we were 2, the number of people standing in front of her, I told her 5 on three occassions in the 2 minute conversation. I'm not sure why the girl in all black with big pearls was distracted instead of paying attention to her customers. Yes, lots of outdoor seating. Yes, lots of people watching. The service was slow. The burgers were good almost worth the wait. The noise was almost club atmosphere; seemed like we all had to yell our conversations. Excuse me... one diner in our group asked for extra teryiaki sauce which was never brought. Additionally, I asked for "plus grilled pineapple" on the side, it showed up on the burger. On a previous visit I may have reviewed this as a 3, to day it receives a 2.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Ok, the title is a little unfair, but Jimmy's is bar food, plain and simple. They have recently changed the menu, IMHO to upgrade their fare, but I still find a burger, fries and a cold beer your best bet here. The wait staff are usually friendly and fun, service is typically very good. If they are slammed, you may wait a bit for another beer or for the food to be served, but it is not usually so long that you end up annoyed or disappointed. Jimmy's is centrally located in Naperville, and the outdoor patio is the best place for people watching. Overall, Jimmy's does what in my mind what it should: Serve cold beers, good hamburgers, great fries and all done with a smile and a laugh. If this is you, enjoy!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I've been here several times to meet up with friends when the weather is nice out. Decent bar food but mostly love the location. Perfect setting in downtown Naperville.

Weekends are crowded and young due to the college nearby.