“BEST HOTEL IN ALL CHICAGO SUBURBS”
Review of Hotel Arista

Hotel Arista
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed with my family for 12 nights in this hotel. The staff was very helpful and welcoming. Rooms were very clean and spacious. During our stay we had very minor issues that were properly addressed and fixed by the guest relations staff. The front office manager was especially welcoming and helpful and he made sure our stay went well. We would stay at this hotel again whenever we are in Naperville.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank M-Elgawhergy
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arista

Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here over night just for a weekend escape and some peace and quiet. I was pleasantly surprised on how beautiful the hotel was, and the excellent service. Room was beautiful, bathroom very modern. Only issue I had was the outlet in the bathroom wasn't working so I couldnt blow dry my hair. I'm sure if I would have told them someone would've came and fixed it, but it wasn't a big deal. I will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CeCe C
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have been staying at the Arista almost since it first opened as I am frequently in the area for business-probably at least 6 times per year. Compared to others in the area it is by far the best, as others have said chic, modern, etc. The rooms are almost uniformly spacious, bathroom has a shower and a tub, but the latter is difficult to drain. I have taken countless baths in different rooms and cannot figure out how to use the equpiment to drain it. The bathroom has a TV embedded in the mirror, an amenity I used a lot when I first started to stay there but the novelty has worn off for me. The selection of movies is pretty poor - nothing first run but they have a lot of channels, still no premium ones. The staff is very friendly and nice and they have a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. There is a great gym, actually a corporate gymn used by some of the surrounding businesses. It is a bit of hike from your room but hey- you're going to exercise right? Now for the cons: the restaurant, Sugar Toad is good, some innovative menu items but it is really expensive and if you just want to get a burger or a salad and a glass of wine, it will cost you. If you are stuck there for a few days (and this hotel is in the middle of nothing if you don't have a car - except office buildings and wide open spaces/parking lots)- Sugar Toad's innovative cuisine gets pretty old pretty fast. Walking distance is CityGate Grill - a better choice for a light meal but in the winter that .25 miles across the parking area can be pretty daunting - especially at night. The shuttle service can be arranged to drive you. Other cons - small things: my mini bar is never full - and the water in the room is small and expensive at $4 a bottle. Also they used to have a great espresso machine and teas, coffees etc., in the lobby but apparently the new manager did away with it. Now there is only (weak) coffee and not all day either. I came back from work around 4:45 on afternoon and it was already gone. Small things but they make a difference. I will definitely stay again- I tried some of the other hotels and the Arista is by far the best - but they could be a lot better with some attention to just the little things.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank frtsam2la
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My daughter and I stayed here one night on a girl's getaway weekend. We were fabulously impressed by the stylish, modern decor. Bathroom was well lighted and well appointed with generous soaking tub, television embedded in the mirror, glassed in shower and toilet stall. Bedroom was oversized, beds were super comfy. Location to shopping and downtown Naperville was wonderfully close. We would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Two last points were the fitness amenities were outstanding at this hotel(huge room with a view and plenty of machines and equipment) and the free parking out front meant easy access in and out!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nursenomo
Reviewed 3 July 2012

The hotel is beautiful, very updated and chic. There's a tv in the bathroom mirror, rooms are spacious and front desk staff helpful and friendly. About an hour after getting into our room, a housekeeper opened the door and saw my boyfriend watching tv so apologized and closed it quickly. Thank goodness neither one of us was indecent but we were very surprised as we never had this happened before. We told the front desk clerk as we were leaving, we weren't upset and even joked about it which she apologized. The location is around business builidings so it more of a business hotel but I appreciated the business center with two computers, printer, copier and fax and the fitness center was very clean and nice to use. I would probably stay here again for the right price.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool but they are building a spa next door. The bed and bedding were very com...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Boonie05
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were visting our daughter and son-in-law who live in Naperville. Just picked the hotel from trip advisor ratings. It is such a lovely hotel. We got the lower priced room and it still had the separate soaking tub, then the toilet and shower both had their own glass doors. The bar was lively (I think a wedding was coming in). The bath gel was lovely, I have to track it down. Note it is in the middle of a huge commercial office area, there is nothing near by. Don't get a cab from O'hare...they don't want to take you all the way to Naperville and by the time you pay the fare you could order a private car from the hotel to pick you up (around $70 I was told)
but the hotel is cool, and there really aren't any hotels in downtown Naperville which is pretty cute. The hotel will shuttle you in to downtown for free and give you good recommendations for lunch. We enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: yes, the bathroom is all glass and not that private but we were ok with that. I am not sure how it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Arista in January 2012 while in town for a business meeting. Upon entering the lobby, candles were lit everywhere, it smelled amazing and groovy music was playing. Super modern and classy, the front desk employee was extremely friendly and accomodated everyone in our party's individual room requests. My room was absolutely gorgeous and very spacious ... and the bathroom was open, airy and bright. I soaked in the tub and watched television (that came through the bathroom mirror -- so cool). The bed was huge and comfy, and the room had great toiletries and big fluffy robes. My only regret was that I wasn't in the room long enought to really enjoy it. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business