“Very Positive Surprise!”

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Ottawa, Canada
“Very Positive Surprise!”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This was my third stay at the Hotel Arista over the past year and it finally occurred to me that when a hotel is so good - consistently, I should get back on on track and review it on Tripadvisor after having taken a break for the past while.
This hotel is a great business hotel close to one of the companies that I do business with in Naperville but there are lots of chain hotels close by as well. Even though I could be earning points at the Marriott or Hiltons close by - this hotel always goes far beyond just meeting my expectations and so it earns my business and positive review.

The service is outstanding from the doorman to the reception and check-in counter. Always feel very welcome and believe that they really will do whatever it takes to make my stay great.

The Hotel facilities are modern and very upscale. The rooms are large and wonderful with great beds, quite heating / cooling system, and a whole room lighting system that lets you control everything from the hight table. Bathrooms are large and very modern with great amenities.

The bar and restaurant is comfortable, service is very good, and the food is excellent.

Very hard to find any fault but one thing that is a bit overboard is that they remove all the open soaps from the bathroom every day and replace them all with new ones - not required and definitely not green but at this I'm stretching hard to find a small quibble.

It's not inexpensive but it is definitely worth it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris E
JeffBrownGM, General Manager at Hotel Arista, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
I sincerely thank you for taking your time to provide your outstanding review. I can assure you that we will continue striving to exceed all expectations, and provide you with the best possible service. I did want to let you know that as of January 1st, 2014 Hotel Arista is now a member of the iPrefer Rewards Program; therefore, our guests can now earn points for their stays with us. Your review is an outstanding endorsement of our hotel, and I am truly appreciative that you took the time to share your experience with others. I did also want to point out that any open/unused soap, shampoo, etc. that are removed from our guestrooms are donated to a nearby shelter, so that they can be used by someone in need. Thank you once again for taking your time to share your wonderful review of Hotel Arista, and we hope to see you again very soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Knoxville, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I took advantage of the Hotels Discounted Weekend rate which made the per night only slightly more $ than the chains all South of I-88. Rebecca S. at the front desk was very helpful (as all staff was) thru the entire process. We arrived very late after North Centrals track meet and late night desk staff wowed my wife and son with their service. Parking is simple, the ground floor deck is mostly shared with other tenants in the building, the hotel was empty, plus I can read signs that say "for hotel guest".
The frosted glass is cool to look at but could create a sleep issue for someone at times. Signage to the coffee shop needs improvement for guest. WSJ on the door in the morning, Naperville paper in the lobby, late check out was available and appreciated by us. The interior is beautiful and is high quality upon close inspection. I hope you find this helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shawn,

Thank you very much for your very insightful review of your experience with us. I greatly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our staff, and our service. It is the goal of everyone here at Hotel Arista to always provide our guests with the best possible experience. I am very glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback on the frosted glass, and our signage; as we are currently working to improve both of these aspects of our hotel. We will continue to strive to improve every day, and I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to accommodate you and your family again in the future. If I can ever be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Recently stayed for 3 nights and had an on-site meeting during my visit. Very classy accommodations; enjoyed the soap/spa products in the room as well as the comfy bathrobe to use! Also thumbs up to the workout facility and business center, both of which I found to be better than average for this size hotel. All the staff was very friendly and helpful, and enjoyed a great meal at the restaurant, SugarToad.
This is my company's preferred hotel in the Naperville area, and I look forward to future meetings here!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are also looking forward to your future meetings, and greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you. Thank you for your very nice comments about our facilities, and our staff; as it is our goal to provide the best of both to each one of our guests. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to your next stay. If I can ever be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The hotel arista reminded me of the Elysian in downtown Chicago but at about 1/5 of the cost due to the out of the way location. My significant other and I needed a little break from the kids so even though we live close by we stayed over night as a little getaway. We got a deluxe corner suite which was lovely and the price was not painful. The hotel is upscale and customer service was excellent. Nicely decorated, very modern. We enjoyed a lovely stay.

Room Tip: deluxe corner suite with 2 rooms and a high floor (we stayed on the 6th floor) was excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria R
Dear Maria,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your outstanding feedback about your stay. I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, as it is our goal to provide each and every one of our guests with an outstanding experience that exceeds all of their expectations. I hope that next time you would like “a little break” we will have the opportunity to provide you with another restful stay. If you have not already, please check out our new Arista Spa and Salon, as they provide wonderful services that can enhance any stay. I hope that we will see you again soon; and please let me know if I can ever be of any assistance. Thank you!
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This is one of -or- possibly the newest hotel in Naperville, Il, a western suburb of the Chicagoland area. It is an extremely nice hotel with rooms that are well done. Very comfortable beds, pillows, etc. The only challenge is that the bath room area has frosted glass walls. If you travel alone that is no issue. And, if you are a couple that goes to bed and wakes up at exactly the same time and sleeps entirely through the night...is no issue. But for us it was an issue. When someone is in the bath room and turns on the light during the night or early in the morning it lights up the entire room. I hope that the Hotel Arista will eventually cover or replace those large frosted glass windows to eliminate this problem as my wife and I really like the Arista and hope to stay there during each of our visits to Naperville.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I appreciate your feedback, and we all greatly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you and your wife. I apologize that the frosted glass in the bathroom was an issue for you, and I can assure you that we are currently looking into options that may eliminate that inconvenience for our future guests. Your feedback is truly invaluable, as it allows us to become better every day. We will continue to strive to be the best hotel around, and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your wife back as returning guests. If I can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed two nights here. It is very easy to access off the highway and an easy 35 minute drive to Chicago midway airport (with plenty of gas stations within the last 2 miles of the airport to fill up before returning the rental car). The rooms are very modern and spacious, well decorated and comfortable. Computer access very good. The bed was very comfortable and all the furniture seemed new and of good quality. Plenty of storage space. Bathroom very modern, even has a flat screen built into the main mirror so you can watch TV there. Large shower and very large separate tub. The only negative about the room was that there was a very large frosted glass wall that separated the bathroom from the rest of the room. It is quite opaque so you can't see anything at all through it. But even with the low wattage light that shines under the sink counter a visitor to the bathroom at night will light up the bedroom. I think they should provide a shade or curtain to block the light. This is a case of chic style creating a functional issue.
There is a nice gym available and also a spa, which we did not try.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. There is free parking either outside or in an attached garage. There are several restaurants attached to the hotel - we tried both the coffee shop and the main restaurant for breakfast and had good meals. We were very pleased with our stay and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your experience with us. I am very appreciative of all of your positive feedback from your stay. I thank you for your comments regarding our staff, as we truly strive to provide every one of our guests with service that is second to none. I also appreciate your feedback on the room design, as it is feedback such as this that allows us to identify our areas for improvement. We will continue to improve our hotel, and service every day; and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I've stayed at the Arista 4 times and have always enjoyed my stay. They provide shuttle service (SUV & van) to most of the restaurants in the area and office buildings. It's an upscale hotel that is in a commercial area that is still developing. It's similar to a Sofitel. The Front desk staff told me it's owned by a commercial developer in the area who wanted an alternative to his clients flying in to Chicago and then shuttling out to the Naperville area for meetings, etc. If that's true, it seems like they're on the right track. There is a hair salon, pub, and coffee & gelato shop available in the building and a nice restaurant across the parking lot that is ideal for big groups. Room was spacious, not much of a view since it's in suburbia.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your great review of our hotel. I greatly appreciate your positive feedback from your stay. We do strive to provide our guests with every service that they may need in order to experience an Effortless stay. We will continue to strive to provide our guests with the best service possible; and the cleanest, most comfortable environments. Thank you again for your great review, and if I can ever personally be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.