“Great Local Greek Resturant”
Review of Kosta's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Cafe
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Since moving to Naperville in November 2012, Kosta's is one of our favorite resturant. The food is always prepared in the old Greek tradtional style. Maybe because the owner has been in the business for 45 years. We generally do take-out. So far our favorites are the taramosalata, the gyros by the pound, moussaka, avgolemono soup and the greek salad. For the five times we have ordered food here,we have been consistently satisfied. Check it out!

2  Thank LenEvanston
There are newer reviews for Kosta's

Reviewed 8 September 2012

This is our favorite Naperville area Greek take-out. Great party or game-day food to buy gyros by the pound at Kosta's. Comes with all the fixings: fresh pitas, tzatziki sauce, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, gyro meat. I add my own sliced cucumbers and make a side Greek salad. Makes a wonderful meal for visiting guests, too. My daughter's favorite pitas hands down. Super soft and fresh. Haven't eaten in restaurant so I can't speak to their table service. Highly recommended though for great take-out!

Reviewed 5 July 2012

Went there on the 4th of July....place was empty, should have taken that as a sign. It was very warm in there, out side temp.100 degrees, must be tight with the air bill. Gave the man a restaurant.com certificate and he said " Not today new rule for me...its a holiday". No where on the the certificate does it say you can not use on a holiday. He said " Come back tomorrow use it then''. No thanks won't be going back even w/ a certificate. Food was bland and very small portions for the prices. Glasses were dirty and so was the carpeting. Go down the street to Basil's excellent food and atmosphere...should have went there in the first place. Live and learn. OPA!

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My husband and I first found this wonderful delight a few months ago, and go there at least twice a week now. The food is excellent, much like I remember having with family in Greece. They have a wonderful selection of main courses and fabulous appetizers. The owner is a true character, always joking with customers and basically trying to make people feel at home as well as have an enjoyable, flavorful and memorable time. Since we are there so often, I have tried all most everything on the menu at least once, but as with any restaurant, I have my favorites, but everything I have had there has had outstanding flavor, and the portions are large...always have to take a doggie bad home. It was hard to find the first time, but well worth looking for. This is one restaurant you shouldn't hesitate in trying. Once you try it, you will have to return again and again.

1  Thank itsmeagain4204
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Went there last year and the food was fairly good. Went there tonight, the food was absolutely awful. The lamb was bland, the lemon sauce was anemic, the potatos were flat. I have had many many years of good Greek food (my favorite is the Greek Islands - Halsted Street). I had to send my first meal back, because it had so much pepper and the lamb was tough and overcooked. The salmon was OK, and the vegetables were OK, but very greasy. Our waiter was a kind, sweet young man who was trying so hard to please, but it wasn't his fault. Get a new cook! It was a Friday night, and the place was empty. That alone speaks for itself. If you are in the western suburbs, go to Basil's or Greek Islands West in Lombard. Stay away from this place, it is certainly not truly authentic Greek food. The only good thing was the Baklava!