Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worst ever!”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Visited this Hotel end of May 2013 for one night and it was the worst place I ever stayed! I travel a lot and stay often in Hotels (also less than 3-star hotels), but this one was just terrible. Customer service sucks, check-in took forever, even though it was booked and payed for already via internet. Room did stink terribly (probably due to the kitchen in the room) like grease and oil - not even a bottle of Febreeze did help). Room was dirty: clearly the linens in the beds were not changed out after the last guest and floor was not vacuumed (food crumbles in bed and on the floor). It was also very noisy from the elevator and the Interstate nearby. Breakfast was a joke: just some apples, cupcakes and candy bars to grab (no tables or chairs to sit) and coffee was out. Internet was free, but if you want a reasonable speed, you have to pay extra! Also, there's nothing close to the Hotel, no Restaurants, no stores, nothing. Never ever I'll stay in this Hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels anymore. We paid over 80 bucks a Night - it is not worth $20. Worst experience ever!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank MSc4667
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your check-in experience was not a pleasant one. The situation regarding the cleanliness of your room at check-in is unacceptable, as well. Also, I do apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was not up to your expectations; however, as this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached my team to ensure your experience is not repeated moving forward.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at npr@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
USA
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Early this year (2013) they've remodeled the entire place (new paint, carpets/floors, bathtubs refinished, flat tv, ....) and now it looks very good and contemporary. I've stayed there for almost two years because my (professional type) job was in the area, but I lived in another state and commuted every weekend. The price was discounted and after a month of stay there is no sales tax. My room was on the third floor facing the opposite side of the highway and there was no noise, even with open windows.

Over this "very extended period" I didn't have a single issue that was detriment to make me leave. Everything that I've asked to be fixed was fixed timely. All the little favors that I've asked for have been answered. In my experience (and it was a long one and I saw a lot!) the best thing that this place has is its staff, led by Sherry, the Manager. I knew every member of the team and not even once in almost two years I had a reason to complain about any of them; on a contrary, they were all very kind, polite, forthcoming and trying hard to make my stay pleasant and I am so much thankful to them for their hospitality and customer service!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for posting such a glowing review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the results of our renovation. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our timely resolution to any request you made or issue you reported. We are here to help make your stay comfortable and safe; I am proud of the team for accomplishing that mission.

Once more, thank you for posting your review and for choosing our hotel to be your "home away from home."
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The rooms are not too bad ... reasonable space for the price. Cannot recommend the hotel though for sleep - walls and not thick and heard the neighbors until after 1 in the morning, and road noise is very pronounced. I was in a room facing the highway and the noise of cars could be clearly heard .. single pane windows that open and not sealed completely it seems. When you are in a hotel the one thing you really need is ... sleep. This did not happen at this hotel.

Front desk staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
HM-ESA, Manager at Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - East, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

I am eager to respond to your issue. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing home away from home experience. We do have systems in place to ensure that outside noise doesn't interfere with a guest's stay. Additionally, our hotels are constructed in such a way as to mitigate the noise from outside disturbances. In the event that you are disturbed by an outside event while in your room, a call to the front desk usually ensures a rapid resolution. In your case, we recognize that we failed to operate according to our standard practices, which caused the disturbance to last longer that it should have.

Travellers are raving about these Naperville hotels