I found the staff/customer service at this hotel to be super. It was great walking in and seeing your name printed at the desk welcoming you as a rewards member. Unlike other posts here, I did not hear my neighbors. I was in room 311, which is a suite, usual Fairfield Inn standard. The hotel 'appeared' to be very clean and when I checked out, I stated I'd returrn again. However, I'm not so sure now.
I stayed one night - June 15. I woke up at midnight and from the light of the television, I saw something crawling in the bed inches from my face. I had some kleenex under my pillow and I used it to grab whatever it was. I jumped up, cut the light on in the bedroom and called to the front desk stating there was a roach in my room and I needed someone to come up now. It took about 10 minutes and the gentleman arrived wearing a glove. I told him what happened, handed him the tissue, and told him I wanted to be moved to a different room.
He looked inside the tissue --- let me forestate, we were in the living room, the light in there was not on, and I never looked inside the tissue as I CANNOT stand bugs...he looked inside the tissue and whatever it was was still alive. He smashed it and said it was not a roach, but a silverfish that probably came in thru the window (I didn't have the window open but maybe the prior guest did). He assured me that the hotel was clean and silverfishes were not roaches. He said it was just a bug that somehow got thru the window. He said he would put a credit on my account for the upset and left.
I believed him and managed to settle down after spending the next 30 minutes itching (positive it was psychological from this bug incident). When I received the printout of my bill, no credit was given. I said nothing, that was fine with me as my thought was a hotel can't help what might come in through the window and thank God it wasn't a roach. As well, I'm enrolled in a stay 2 get 1 night free so if they credit part of my stay, this is a wasted stay for the promotion, and in that case I'd rather have the stay.
PROBLEM: Walking out the hotel door behind me was an exterminator (Ecolab). Hmmm, was it a roach or a silverfish? Well today I was having lunch at Navy Pier and I happened to meet a manager at a different Fairfield Inn (not suites). I told him about what happened, he said I should've looked at the bug because at his property, staff would be fired for confirming it was a roach. He said 'really, what was he going to say, yeah it's a roach, what would that do to the propery.' He said his property would have credited the entire stay. I told him I'd only asked to be transferred to another room but that didn't occur since staff said it wasn't a roach. He was adamant that the stay should've been credited. I advised I didn't want the stay credited or a portion of the stay credited as I needed the stay for the promotion. He advised that if I would have said that to Naperville's staff, they would have/should have given me 10k points. He said his GM gives 20k points because she doesn't want a bad GSS (GSS or GSM, can't remember which one he said and he didn't explain what it was) but most just give 10k.
After this conversation, I came home and looked up silverfish on wiki. They are brown and do resemble roaches - especially in the dark. However, wiki says they are wingless so now I'm wondering how it got through the window AND I'm still wondering why was the exterminator there.
I'm unsettled now about how I really feel about this stay and whether or not I will return. I'm trying to be fair by giving it an average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Naperville, IL is located off of I-88 in the Chicago metro area. The hotel offers a convenient location and is minutes away from downtown Naperville. We are only 5 minutes away from the Chicago Premium Outlets and the Naperville Riverwalk. The Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora is an easy commute to downtown Chicago and the O'Hare Airport. Our hotel offers all the modern amenities to maintain your routine including free Wi-Fi and free breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Naperville Hotel Naperville
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Naperville
- Fairfield Inn Naperville
- Fairfield Naperville
- Naperville Fairfield Inn