“Worth the stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is one of the better hotels that I have stayed at. I ended up staying here for three days. I really enjoyed the suite that had plenty of room to move around in. I found the hotel very clean and modern throughout. The breakfast was good and everything was always stocked. The one thing I missed was a friendly reception person standing at the desk when I came in. As soon as you walk up to the desk, a person comes out from the backroom and helps you right away but if you are just passing by there isn't anyone who greets you. I just found this unusual but it did not affect my stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are a middle aged couple - had a great stay. Desk staff was extremely courteous and helpful. Upgraded us to a nicer room - I was "guest of the day!". We had a King with additional sitting area - 2 TV's. Made it nice for husband to watch TV in the afternoon while I shopped. Room and hotel very clean and quiet. Breakfast selection was pretty much the normal, but absolutely no complaints - and breakfast area was kept very clean and food was replenished. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely return and/or recommend. Value, especially for the area, was great. I had forgotten to write my review earlier, came across the invoice again today. Wanted to be sure to do rate them, as I personally rely heavily on Tripadviser reviews.

Room Tip: Loved the fact that we had the extra sitting area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm a huge fan of Marriot's Fairfield properties. The Naperville location did not dissappoint on most fronts. Check in was smooth, the room was clean, comfortable, and suited my wife, daughter and her friend during a weekend dance competition (Tons of costumes, hair, and make-up).
The girls had a blast in the pool after a competition day.
The one downside is that while a few items were laid out for breakfast at the 6:30am start time, the full offer was not out till well past 7am. Since we had a tight schedule to get to the theatre my daughter missed the blueberry waffles she had counted on. The person setting up the breakfast area kept telling me he was working on it, but showed no signs of feeling late for 6:30 breakfast bar.

Overall very good experience though, I'll stay again and not count on breakfast to be fully available at 6:30.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Thom R
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was my fourth stay at this hotel. I love that every time I come, the same person is on duty. Good to see a friendly face when I'm out so much.
The first time we were going to stay here a year ago, the road outside was flooded and we couldn't get in. We found a way to walk over, but decided to move to another Marriott property. At that time, the hotel was undergoing remodeling and was pretty crazy. Returning a few months later, the remodel is done and beautiful. The lobby is welcoming, breakfast area large, and the rooms very well done.
Warm cookies are there to greet me, and I was even offered cold milk :-)
The rooms feature a refrigerator, coffee maker, and microwave.
I'm usually in a room with two beds, also has a flat screen TV, desk area, dresser.
The absolutely only complaint I have is every time I'm there they have the same scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Variety - please! But there is also a hard boiled egg, instant oatmeal, basic pastries, waffle maker, etc.
Finding this property can be a little tricky because of the small signage - I'm thinking that is a city code thing rather than property choice. If you can find the Cracker Barrel - you're there! Right next door.
Nice indoor pool - not sure if I have seen anyone use it.

Very easy to reach off 88 or 59.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here for a family wedding. Very clean, decent breakfast, and nice pool. We had a double queen room & my only issue was it was a little cramped & closet was made for Hobbits! Very small closet could not fit much in & we were there for a wedding w/dress clothes to hang.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 6 March 2014

From the minute you walk in to the time you check out, you will be so pleased with choosing this Hotel. No fees for fridge and microwave in my room. Complimentary breakfast and impecably clean rooms and common areas. All staff go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. Ashley assisted me my first day and took personal interest in the things I discussed making me feel so at home. All staff, from housekeeping seeing me walk to the elevator and pushing the down button for me, to the front desk representative noticing my attempts at getting the computer to load (which she quicly fixed by rebooting it) read guest ques and took personal responsibility to ensure the best possible stay. I won't share the name of the large Marriott Resort I stayed at, but guests at that hotel resented the parking fee plus the internet fee plus the fridge fee plus the rollaway fee plus the fact that no food other than salty and sugar filled snacks are available after 10:30pm. All of that is free here (not the sundry items which include actual food you can be satisfied with to eat and is open 24 hrs) and so is the breakfast free. Like another guest stated, the hot tub is soooo perfectly hot with good jets and the king bed is so comfy. You need look nowhere else when wanting a great room, great amenities and caring staff than right here. Oh yes, completely renovated so you think you are in a new hotel. How they charge so little I have no idea. Thank you Ashley and Marriott for my stay and all you dedicated work here.

Room Tip: Say, I'd like a room please. You will get a good room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here on Feb. 14th to the 16th. We had a King Suite, nice sized, 2 TVs (some HD channels) The bed was up to Marriott standards, very good water pressure, towels were aplenty and not rags. The warmest hot tub I was ever in, the pool was average sized. Plenty of towels (and not rags ). The breakfast was average, but well stocked. I like the fact that there are only 61 rooms so the hotel never seemed packed, but it was sold out. There was a volleyball tournament in the area so as you can expect, a lot of teenagers. I never heard them scream or run up and down the halls, etc. The staff was excellent. Clean front areas, clean pool area and most important very clean rooms. A tip of the cap to your Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple