“Is it even possible to have a bad experience here?”
Review of Meson Sabika

Meson Sabika
Reserve with OpenTable
Meson Sabika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 453 Restaurants in Naperville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: We are located in between West intersection and River road
Transit: The Metra is approximately 1.5 Miles from Meson Sabika.
Description: Meson Sabika is an award-winning Spanish Tapas restaurant that has resided in an 1847 Georgian mansion since 1990. It goes without question, that the restaurant offers an unmatched dining experience. Guests can dine indoors and enjoy the grace and charm reminiscent of a European Villa or can choose to sit outdoors on the terrace while enjoying the ultimate alfresco experience underneath 150-year-old oak trees which cover the estate. Guests will find that each item on the menu offers a taste of Spain. Whether it’s enjoying hot and cold tapas, sangria, an entree or a vintage wine – there’s always a pleasant combination of exceptional food, friendly service, and unique atmosphere where family and friendship can live life in celebration.
Aurora, Illinois
“Is it even possible to have a bad experience here?”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I went for our wedding anniversary, and it was perfect. The atmosphere, the quality of service, the food, everything was top notch.

Service: The waiters/waitress, take your order with kindness and patience, even if you do not say the Spanish name correct, they know what you want.

Delivery of food: In a restaurant like this, you usually order several items all at once, Meson Sabika, does a fantastic job of brining out each item. You are not bombarded with all your food at once, it is almost like a symphony of flavor.

Unique: My wife and I were not drinking last night, and for anniversaries, they bring out champaign. The waiter knew that we were not drinking and so instead he brought sparkling juice. This was really cool because, of the attention to detail.

Bad: I only have one negative, and it was that their coke dispenser needs to be checked. The diet coke tasted like regular coke a few times, but the waiter quickly took the drink back and brought back a satisfactory diet coke each time. This is hardly a huge deal, but worth noting.

In the end, we can not wait to return.

• Visited August 2014

Naperville, Illinois
“Pleasant Evening Outside”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

An evening out with friends for dinner and drinks. We enjoyed wonderful tapas. Meson Sabika offers a great variety of cold and hot tapas.

• Visited August 2014
Naperville, Illinois
“The Spot to Eat in the Summertime”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Meson Sabika is the spot for outdoor dining in Naperville. The outdoor patio is great on a warm summer night and not too loud even when crowded. The food is delicious and (according to sources I trust) authentic Spanish tapas. I'd skip the paella and just orders small plates to share. You'll need 3 plates per person in order to fill up. It can be pricey, but its a great way to sample many different tastes. Try the pulpo - its outstanding. Don't forget the sangria. Service can be slow when its crowded, but relax, that's the point of tapas.

• Visited July 2014
“Gorgeous scenery excellent food and atmosphere! ”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were feeling tapas tonight and we are glad we stopped at meson sabika. Rated number one on trip advisor so it made our expectation high.
We didn't have any reservations on a Sunday evening around 5:30pm but we were seated rather quickly. A min after being seated our waters were poured and our server Kyle approached us. He was kind and offered to guide us through the experience and made sure we understood the concept of tapas. He suggested a few dishes and we chose only one of the dishes that he suggested, the tostado con centollo. Its delicious. The flavors are excellent and the alaskan king crab was plenty. The Jamon Serrano was also delicious. We also had the duck with cinnamon apple which was good but not my favorite tapa. The wine list has a nice variety of Spanish wines. I started off with a white wine that was fuller and had mineral notes, fruit forward. I think it's called profum de Blanc? It paired well with the cold tapas we had, excellent white wine. I also switched to a red wine for the hot tapas. My wife ordered the pomegranate sangria and she enjoyed that as well. Really refreshing. Overall the experience was really nice. The atmosphere is quite and your able to enjoy a wonderful conversation with your date. Try the chocolate de crema for dessert. It's similar to a crème brûlée but as a nice twist to it. Next time we come we will want to sit outside and get the beautiful view of the flowers and greenery. My wife n I took a beautiful photo on the little benches outside. Please visit this place if your in the mood for excellent tapas

1 Thank Donny G
Vermillion, South Dakota, United States
“A very special treat! ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This had to be one of the finest culinary experiences of my life! I have been aware of this restaurant for a long time, but only visiting the area occasionally, have never had the opportunity to dine here. Now I think I can die happy! Sunday brunch begins with champagne and progresses through cold and hot dishes that all were so flavorful and thoughtfully presented. When you think you can't possibly eat any more, it's time for dessert.

The atmosphere makes you feel like you're in a Southern mansion, surrounded by beautiful grounds. The service is impeccable. Plates are cleared promptly, new flatware appears, and your napkin is "twirled" and waiting on your chair each time you return from the line.

Don't miss this delectable experience!

Been to Meson Sabika? Share your experiences!