“Comfortable room, perfect location but disappointing service”

Harrison House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Naperville B&B and Inns
Columbus
“Comfortable room, perfect location but disappointing service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were very excited to stay here bc of all the good reviews. On the positive side, our room was small but comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the location is perfect. However, we were very disappointed with the service. We stayed here with my one year old daughter who I made sure was quiet and very well behaved the entire time. However, it felt like we were singled out bc of this. We were told to eat in the kitchen away from the other customers and scolded repeatedly by way of phone call and note for accidentally leaving a damp towel on the dresser. Under different circumstances we may have had a better experience but overall I was disappointed in the service and would not recommend staying here if you have a child with you.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank SLF1020

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I stayed for two nights at Harrison House and felt really looked after. It was clean and cared for with gorgeous furnishings including antiques. My room (the Garden Room) was roomy, the rain shower was relaxing and the bed comfortable with soft sheets and matching quilt. Lynn Harrison was in residence during my stay and entertained us with stories, music and excellent home-cooked food. She was always smiling and felt like family by the time I left. Amenities were provided such as a coffee machine, drinks and snacks. Lynn even took the time to drive me to an event for which I was in town! I am very impressed with the facility and the overall experience. Highly recommend staying at Harrison House when you are next in Naperville.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank lizbailor
chicago
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We came back to Harrison House for our anniversary. The owner, Lynn, greeted us with a warm hug. An Happy Anniversary balloon and flowers were waiting in our gorgeous Nantucket suite along with chilled Champagne and fresh organic strawberries! The room was spotless, as usual, and the bathroom filled with organic toiletries. We took full advantage of the huge jacuzzi tub. The bed was super comfy to the point where we will inquire about the brand and perhaps get one for our house. We made a special request for sourdough pancakes, for which Lynn uses a started from the 50's! They were absolutely delicious. The second day we were presented with freshly made apple sauce, warm pumpkin muffins and a scrumptious veggie strata. Not one single complaint about this place. We will be back again next year, if not sooner. Best B&B we've ever been to in the USA.

Room Tip: The Nantucket room is hands down the best room they have. It has the biggest jacuzzi.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kwoliczka
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The taste and elegance of this B&B simply can't be measured. The rooms are lovely and the entire house reflects the love and attention of its owners. Breakfast was hearty and healthy and satifsfying and carefully prepared. Every detail attended to. Lovely stay. Can't recommend it enough.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PigsFly
Wis. Rapids, Wi
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We loved our recent stay at the Harrison House. It was our fist time staying at a Bed and Breakfast...but it won't be our last. The innkeeper made us feel so welcome...I felt like it was my own home. Our room was beautiful (we stayed in the Nantucket room). We really enjoyed the whirlpool tub...especially after a full day of shopping, walking the riverwalk, and enjoying a dinner out. My husband and I are private people, and we enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the Harrison House. The innkeeper also prepared a delicious breakfast, paying attention to my husband's allergies. We are also able to enjoy complimentary wine, soda, beer, snacks, etc. My husband also enjoyed the many books that were set out for guests to use. I highly recommend the Harrison House...after all, where else can you go and enjoy freshly made brownies upon arrival!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mexchi
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I booked this B & B so I could visit my son who is on a study abroad year at North Central College in Naperville. It's the only place in downtown Naperville itself so the location was superb. I had looked at the reviews and the website and it all seemed very positive. What clinched it though was the fact that there is a Kitty clock in the kitchen!! My son said I had to stay here! Anyway, it was the best decision! The B & B is like staying with the best of friends. You can please yourself, help yourself to drinks and snacks, come and go as you like but if you need any help or advice then it is willingly given. I was upgraded to the Victorian Room upstairs, it was gorgeous. There was a huge closet for cases and to hang coats etc, a lovely en suite bathroom with shower and jacuzzi bath.
The whole house was cozy and welcoming and the snacks were plentiful. Breakfast was cooked freshly for me and as I was the only guest for a couple of days I had breakfast at a time to suit me. Lynn, who was my hostess, was very welcoming and friendly and offered me lunch on my last day as I wasn't flying out until the evening. I assess customer service in my job and I have to say this lady was fantastic, the phrase 'going the extra mile' could have been invented for her!
I was so pleased to have chosen to stay here and would definitely stayagain if I had the opportunity to go back to Naperville.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank LindaCharlie
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We just had our second opportunity to stay at Napervilles only bed & breakfast in town. What a wonderful experience - a home away from home. This house is stunning. The decor and the furnishings are beautiful. The service is second to none. They really want you to feel at home and from the time we stepped in the door we felt exactly that.

The rooms are very nicely complimented with Cable TV, CD Player and radio tuner, bottled water, cozy towels and very comfortable beds.

This B&B is a short walk to the downtown area with fantastic dining nearby as well as excellent shopping.

We had the pleasure this past time of experiencing the hospitality of Lynn and her delicious French Toast which was as good as mine. On our last stay we also had the pleasure of Neal's culinary skills for breakfast with his traditional sourdough pancakes which we loved.

We are definitely looking forward to our next stay with the Harrison's.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple