“Very quiet and comfortable”

Courtyard Chicago Naperville
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My company's corporate headquarters is in Carol Stream and I have always stayed close by. For this meeting in July 2014, it was recommended to reserve a room at this hotel. Wow! What a pleasant experience! The hotel and room is well-maintained, the staff very friendly, and I didn't hear doors slamming all night long! Very nice. Courtyard by Marriott Naperville is now my "go-to" hotel for business meetings.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor rooms facing the neighboring hotel are away from the elevator and the associated noise. As...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review. I apologize for my tardiness in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel overall. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I know there are a lot of options for our guests.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Chicago Naperville

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at this property for several days as we were in town for a softball tournament. We met the General Manager and she was quick to offer us ideas of places to eat and see in Naperville. We were very pleased and appreciative of her hospitality! The lobby and Bistro areas were kept spotless and the staff was extremely friendly. You could tell there was an expectation of courteous, helpful service! Our rooms were tended to daily and in a timely manner! Naperville was a fun little city....with the Riverwalk, great eats, and just a nice hometown feel! The locals were all VERY nice! We'd most definitely recommend this property as a place for others to stay!
Would have loved it if this property offered players a quick healthy small meal in the morning before heading off to the field like other Courtyards did!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dksmanpa

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review. I apologize for my tardiness in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel overall, the city and your stay. I am actually the GM that you dealt with, so I'm glad to hear nice things.

I'm going to guess that your rating of 4 out of 5 was due to not having breakfast included. That is something that would be negotiated when the contact booked the block for the team. We are more than happy to do that, but it would have to be negotiated ahead of time, that's why some of the Courtyards you stayed at offerred that. Please contact me directly, if I need to clarify that further or if you would be interested for future bookings.

Thank you for staying with us and writing such a nice review. We hope to see you again, the next time you're in the area. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance with future reservations or needs.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Check in was easy and pleasant. Greeted with a smile, something that often seems to be nonexistent elsewhere. Rooms were clean and beds very comfortable. Location is very convenient. Will definitely return when we are in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great and straight to the point review. I apologize for my tardiness in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel overall. We do strive to provide the best and friendliest service. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel. I know there are a lot of options for our guests.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, great location to downtown Naperville & close to commuter train to Chicago. Indoor pool, center courtyard, local shopping, Morton's steakhouse 2 min by car. Close to highway & several other hotels.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FiveOus
NoonieA, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you very much for taking time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. Looks like you had a pleasant experience at our hotel and you enjoyed your stay? Our guest experience and satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and the rating we receive is monitored and responded to with care. Is there a reason why you only rated us a 3? If you had an upleasant experience that you might have forgotten to mention, please let me know and I will be happy to address it. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Noonie.Aguilar@Marriott.com

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I recently stayed at this property with my husband and young step son.We were in town to attend a family wedding. This property worked perfectly for our situation. The room was spacious and clean. There was a king -size bed for my husband and me and a full size pull out couch that worked great for my step son. I think he thought the pull out was a cool, adventurous place to sleep for a couple of nights!

Everyone has their character flaws; one of mine is that I am not very good at coordinating hotel accommodations with other family members. I like to book things a little bit in advance, I look for deals, and amenities or other things close to points of interest. In this case, I was looking for something close to the wedding location that wouldn't be too arduous to get back to O'Hare to drop off the rental car and catch our return flights home. The family I married into is super last minute about this stuff -- I'm trying to learn to be less OCD about planning but I like to get these things checked off my list. I get a little weary waiting around for everyone else - I am very good at Executive Decision-making - like "we're gonna stay here" and if it works for everyone else then they can follow my lead. So I made my reservations while my in-laws went back and forth about where to stay. Eventually they finally got around to making reservations at the Courtyard by Marriott. Enough about the in-laws - they are good peeps btw.

So...anyway I wanted a pool because my step son could go swimming during wedding and family visit downtime, it was close to my husband's family's house and close to the church. I knew we'd have to get a rental car, so free parking was crucial. What food options are onsite or close by for the fussy eaters in our visiting delegation? Bonus amenities include free wi-fi so those with gaming and/or social media addictions don't start to go through withdrawal. A fridge in the room is convenient too. The Courtyard by Marriott Naperville offered all of these amenities for a very reasonable price (parking, wifi were both free & there was a fridge in the room. No microwave tho.).

We checked in a little early just because of our flight schedules. Our room was ready. The hotel has a nice onsite restaurant that offers breakfast and dinner, plus evening cocktails and snacks. The hotel bistro doesn't serve lunch. We dropped our belongings in our room and headed out for some food. Directly next door to the hotel is a strip mall of sorts (a very nice one - don't let the "strip mall" scare you off!) with a variety of food outlets. We found a terrific lunch place called Jason's Deli that served huge sandwiches and salads (everyone gets ice cream for free at Jason's - this was a big hit with my step son!). We got a sandwich to take back to the hotel for my mother in law.

The hotel had an offer of free breakfast for an additional $15 a day that I didn't get only because I thought family might want to get together for breakfast or brunch before and after the wedding (indeed, this was the case and all of these arrangements were made when we arrived in IL!). My in-laws did get the $15 extra breakfast; they enjoyed it and thought it was worth the money.

We stayed in room 191 on the first floor. This was right around the corner from the reception desk and directly across the hall from the exercise room. I was concerned this was going to be noisy. We ended up there because my in laws specifically requested rooms right next to us and they had checked in a day before we did. The rooms worked out ok and if anyone made any noise, it was likely my step son and his partner in mischief, my niece, his cousin. I am pretty fussy about the location of my room - I always request a quiet non smoking room away from from elevators, ice and vending machines.The first floor rooms turned out to be a good thing because my mother in law is using a cane these days. None of us knew at the time we made reservations that my step would be wearing a cast on his foot and cruising around on crutches when we traveled to Chicago!

There are drugstores nearby because what trip anywhere on the planet would be complete with out a journey to replace some forgotten toiletry or pharmacy item? Indeed, there was a CVS nearby where we purchased a heavy-duty, waterproof cast cover so my step son could go swimming! Future note to anyone with the misfortune of having a cast while on travel - get yourself to the nearest drugstore and get one of these cast covers! My step son ended up discarding the cheap plastic ones my husband had picked up at a local Rite Aide at home for bathing and using the heavy duty one at bath time. Not a drop of water hit that cast! Anyway, the pool is indoor and is just lovely. There are plenty of pool noodles to use while swimming and abundant towels to use afterwards.

There's a lovely outdoor patio/courtyard area with seating in the center of the hotel. The reception area is open and lightfilled. There is a small store with essentials in the lobby area and computers to check email. A sign advertises board games at the front desk - we probably would have taken advantage of that had we stayed additional nights.

The hotel worked perfectly for us - I recommend this property without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sojourner68

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a great review and so detailed. I'm sure it will help future potential guests to get an idea of what a stay is like with us, just by your review. I apologize for my tardiness in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel overall. For future, we don't have microwaves in the rooms, but we do have them available, complimentary by request. Our owners are working on getting them into all of our guest rooms.

As for the breakfast, the $15 additional cost is actually breakfast for two people, it's a special that we have based on availability. Glad to hear your relatives enjoyed it.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is my goto hotel while in the Naperville area. I travel to the area on business every couple months and love staying here. Great location and near excellent restaurants, etc. Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael S

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We are here on a family visit. Very well run hotel. Saff is well trained and considerate. Room is clean and well equipped. We mentioned to the assistant manager the we did not have a fridge in the room and one was sent immediately. The restaurant is very good and it was nice meeting the chef (who brought out our breakfast). Workout room is well equipped. This is a recommended place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for my tardiness in responding. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel overall. My AGM Julie is top notch, I'm glad to hear she took immediate care of your request. And Calvin, our cook, loves to come out and meet our guests, glad to hear that you enjoyed that.

We hope to see you again, the next time you're in the area. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance.