“Decent place still needs a few tweaks” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chicago Marriott Naperville

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Decent place still needs a few tweaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Came here for two days mid-week for business. Hotel has been upgaded in the past few years, and in general it seems that it's been done well, especially in the lobby and restaurant areas.
Folks at the front desk and very nice, and were happy to help with any difficulties. Our group's rooms were all ready for early check-in, which was terrific. That being said, I'd asked for a mini-fridge to keep medicine cold. I made this request at the front before heading out for the afternoon (at 12:30). When I came back at 5:30, no fridge! So I had to call again. While the fridge did arrive in about 5 minutes, I felt it should have already been there.
I also had multiple issues with the room door. First set of keys wouldn't work, second were fine, then didn't work after one use; third set was ok (fortunately my room wasn't too far from the front desk). My tub drained VERY slowly, so my shower was in ankle-deep water each day (first day I thought it was because I'd set up the water temp from the tub spout, before swithcing over to the shower and getting in; but this wasn't the case, as I set it from the shower head the next am). I let the front desk know about this on check-out. Water pressure was fine, shampoo and conditioner very nice.
As other travelers have noted, the layout of the rooms are interesting. I had a double queen room, which for myself was plenty of space to stretch, but the desk was in front of one and there was no way you could be at the desk and anyone could get by you. I think if they'd put the desk by the window instead (see photos) this would help. Also, if there was an outlet on the opposite side in the foyer area, this would make setting up ironing board less cramped and awkard (blocks the entrance more).
Beds were so-so for comfort (I'm used to sleeping on foam mattress), pillows generally OK, and room temp decent (though the thermostat read 68 and it didn't feel like that except right by the register). No separate fan in the bath so while there's a "vent" (no fan) the hunidity after a shower will get diluted by the room AC, very little from the bath vent.
Room noise......you could hear folks in the hall very easily, but for the most part my area was quiet. Not sure if this was because the hotel wasn't fully booked and the few folks coming through the hall were either not talking or talking too loudly. I didn't have any noisy neighbors.
Coffee machine is nice, though a few more creamers would've been appreciated. I didn't use the internet connection while I was there (it was free with our group, but $9.99 for others). I had breakfast one morning, and it was quite good, lots of choices either from the menu or at the buffet. Service there and at the Starbucks in the lobby was terrific and freindly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am sorry you had some problems with your room. I have also passed along your comments about the room to our engineering team.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
valley stream
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have to say that the staff at this hotel is EXCEPTIONAL, AWESOME, and OUTSTANDING. They can actually do training how to satisfy customers needs!!

Rooms, spa, conference room were all up to Marriott's tough standards.

One thing of note, the food at this property is INCREDIBLE. I am a native New Yawker and pride myself on good food, this place is off the charts good.

Great hotel, keep up the hard work!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. I have also passed along your positive comments on the food to our food and beverage team.
Atlantic City area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

To say we were impressed with this hotel is an understatement. The room was spotless, the bed was super comfortable and the sheets top-notch. You have to try the jacuzzi and pool; we're picky about chlorine levels (it's usually overdone in hotels), but it was just fine. The 24 hour fitness center is a big plus, too. What if your activities run past 10pm? I always hate that.

Every front desk staff member was very kind to us. We made a note with them that engineering needs to call instead of just knocking on the door and just trying to come in if there's maintenance they decide to do (that I didn't ask for, the TV was unplugged and they couldn't get the data to upload for the next guest?); sometimes people are napping in the middle of the day!

WiFi is $10 a day, but I use my phone WiFi when I travel, so it's no big deal. I think it's free in the lobby.

The artwork and decor are exquisite in this hotel. They really did a great job. Room service was prompt and delicious.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy to hear that overall you were impressed with what the hotel offers. I’m glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy the pool area and relax in our renovated guest rooms. I have shared your suggestion with our engineering team when they are doing service calls to the guest rooms. We also have complimentary internet in the lobby for everyone to use. We have a business center also that has access to complimentary internet.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

very beautiful business and the front desk staff was nice.

However, the rooms are very poorly designed. The size is what you would expect in a downtown chicago hotel room, not in a suburban one.

It was difficult to sit at the desk without bumping into the queen size bed.

No free internet... just not acceptable for a hotel catering to business travelers.

Parking lot is a big hike to the front entrance and not particularly well lite at night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MarkJMinneapolis
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I’m sorry to hear that the size of your room was not what you expected. Although we did do a renovation unfortunately we could not increase the size of the rooms. We also have complimentary internet in the lobby for everyone to use. We have a business center also that has access to complimentary internet.
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Very nice hotel . The hotel staff was great ! Real clean and good beds! The hotel restaurant was neat and staff very helpful. Great breakfast buffet ! The best burger I have had in a while:) Shopping and other food choices not far away .

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms at the hotel and had an opportunity to visit the restaurant. I have passed on your positive comments to the Food and Beverage team about your experience with the breakfast buffet. I also shared your comments on the burger you had with them.
Rainmaker77
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

beautiful facility, and great big large rooms with outstanding staff!

Pretty close to the Naperville area, and while a little bit further than 2 blocks to the train station, it was easy to get to Chicago and back; then hit the pool and comfy beds.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am glad you enjoyed the rooms at the hotel and had an opportunity to use the pool after a long day.
sanfrancisco,ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Clean rooms and clean and new bed linens.

Excellent breakfast. I love it.

And good cookies when we come in the evening.!!

wide lobby and starbucks inside.

(Tripadvisor, don't force us to write atleast 200 characters.!!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I’m happy it showed during your stay. I am glad you had an opportunity to have the excellent cookies at night.