“Nice Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Nice Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very quiet, very clean, very well maintained, comfortable beds, helpful and enjoyable staff. The rooms are slightly small but it didn't really matter. Very convienient to visiting Naperville. You are close to tons of places to eat. This is a feel good hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. Although the rooms may have been smaller to you I happy you still enjoyed the comforts the room had to offer.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

I had to stay at this hotel for a business meeting and let me tell you the staff at this hotel is fantastic. The food is great, the room was clean and great location. Room service guy used my name and was polite. You get a great feeling when you stay at this hotel. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. It looks like you were able to try some of our amenities at the hotel and I’m happy you enjoyed the service you received.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I actually used a Marriott reward certificate to stay here. Surprisingly it is only a Category IV hotel in the Marriott world but it is a much better hotel than the Category would suggest.
The hotel looked as though it had been recently renovated. It had a nice buzz going on in the lobby with lots of activity in a very large space.
Room service food was great and service was quick.
Definitely would go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and enjoyed the features of the renovation. I have also passed along your comments to our Food and Beverage team.
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked into the Marriott and had requested 2 rooms with Queens in both. They were ready before check in and the front desk was friendly. We were pleased with the rooms clean and the beds were comfy. They were a little small and it would be nice to have a fridge and a window to open for fresh air. The second of the 2 rooms had a problem with the air and the hotel sent up someone to check it out, they moved our room since the air was broke and floor was wet. It caused no problem and they addressed the issue right away. I did request extra pillows and no one ever showed up with the a little lack of communication. We ordered a drink in the bar and it was good but expensive, and also ordered a snack which was good and within reason price wise. We ordered room service and the food was good but I felt I needed to tip although it was added into the bill. Breakfast was big and hot when it arrived. The hotel staff did a nice job overall and I would stay again, we enjoyed sitting outside at the pool in the evening.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy that you enjoyed the room and the amenities it had to offer. I also want to apologize for the problem with one of the ac’s in the rooms not working properly. Although it isn’t what you want to do I’m glad they were able to accommodate you to another room. I have also passed along your Food and Beverage comments to the Food and Beverage Manager for review.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The staff at this hotel were wonderful and attentive. Always ready to service our requests and with a great attitude. Rooms were very nice and the bedding excellent. You can be assured that this hotels management believes in giving their quests a superior experience.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy to hear that our staff provided excellent service to you during your stay. We have taken great pride in the renovation of the rooms and I’m happy you were able to enjoy it.
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

First of all, I need to explain a “lockout.” When I check into a hotel it is normally for 30 days or more. There are times when a hotel has sufficient vacancy to allow me a “lockout.” In a “lockout,” I agree not to stay in the room for a certain number of nights, and the hotel agrees not to charge me for those nights. I do it when go someplace else on a weekend. The “lockout” means I don’t have to pack up my room and leave it in the hotel’s luggage room. The benefit for the hotel is they don’t have to have housekeeping clean the room every day, and they gain the good will of the hotel guest.

I asked the Marriott for a lockout for Labor Day weekend, and Marriott agreed the Wednesday before that weekend.

At 9PM on Thursday night (yes, the night before the lockout was to commence), I was called by Brittany (Front Desk Supervisor) and told that they would charge me $30.00 per night for a total of $90.00 in order to make use of the lockout. She told me she had just been made aware of the charge, and that she didn’t even know about the charge before that day.

She told me the Manager, Jonathan Earlywine, had made all the decisions, all poor in my opinion. The following references to Mr. Earlywine’s decisions were those that were conveyed to me through Brittany. Mr. Earlywine never had the courtesy to talk to me directly.

I had spent 39 nights at this Marriott, and was scheduled for another 18 nights. At $92 per night, I had already spent $3,588.00 at the Marriott, and was scheduled to spend another $1,656.00.

Mr. Earlywine held to his requirement of $30 per night for the lockout. For the “misunderstanding” he offered me 20,000 points which, I was told, equaled one night’s stay at the Marriott. I considered that an insult. I’m paying $92 per night, which means his 20,000 points is worth $92. If I pay the $90 for the lockout, that’s only $2 in my pocket.

I pointed out I was a Platinum Club member with Marriott. Mr. Earlywine’s response was that he “had a lot of Platinum Club members,” thereby denigrating the loyalty of all members.

At that point I had to pack in order to vacate the next morning since it was apparent that Marriott & Mr. Earlywine weren’t amenable to any solution. I made a reservation for those 18 nights in a Hilton property and I’m typing this complaint from the Hilton property.

I felt that this was bait and switch. Agree to a lockout, and at the last minute notify me there is a fee. And it’s not just a token fee. It’s 1/3 of my daily rate. And the fee is hidden. It is not published anywhere. Even the Front Desk Supervisor wasn’t aware of the fee.

For a corporation that is in the hospitality business, they sure were inhospitable.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, but you probably need to bribe one of the managers to get one.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Scott C
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I want to first say how we value your rewards status with Marriott hotels. We take great pride in providing the highest quality of service to our guest and I’m sorry it didn’t show during your stay. Again we are truly sorry for the situation that you were put in during you stay with us.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and would look forward to your next visit at our hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

This hotel is pretty standard midwest Marriott, with decent rooms and a compact lobby with fancy tile work to make it look elegant. The staff is friendly and efficient but the place feels a little bit too much like a Courtyard by Marriott. It is on the small size and is in a far flung suburban location so perhaps it cannot justify anything better. Still, it is clean and has what you need for business. Plenty of parking.

The only complaint I have is that, for those who try to eat healthy, there are no good breakfast options. If you like scrambled eggs and sausages, you will be fine. Otherwise, they will try to offer you watermelon and toasted frozen bagels for breakfast so you may want to bring something if you are health conscious.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I have shared your suggestion with our Food and Beverage on healthier options in our dinning outlets.