“Great Hotel because of the great staff”

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel is a very clean modern hotel. What makes this place is the staff. From the moment I walked into the door when the very polite and friendly Christina checked me in to the moment I left they were great. They helped with ordering a pizza for us and the place they recommended was good. We ate in the lobby and the front desk staff came over to us immediately. I thought they were going to tell us that we couldn't do this but no, they offered us napkins and plates. We accepted and they actually brought us real plates not paper. The fitness center is great as was the pool. I would stay there again in a second. The management has really done a great job getting a great staff together and working flawlessly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I have also passed on your comments to Christina as well. I am happy that she was able to make your stay enjoyable for you. Our staff has taken great pride in providing the highest quality of service to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. We want all of our guest to feel like this is their second home and I hope you felt that way during your stay.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel and look forward to your next visit at our hotel.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

If you look at my other reviews, you'll see that I nearly always have something nice to say about the places we visit. Not so with our recent experience with the Chicago Marriott Naperville. We booked a wedding block back in January for a family wedding in August. The hotel was supposed to provide rooms, breakfast vouchers, shuttle service and distribute the wedding welcome bags for guests who made reservations by the mid July deadline. It sounds so simple - after all - it's a lovely newly renovated hotel, and I expect quality service from a Marriott hotel. But as our guests started checking in we discovered that room requests for double queen rooms were not being honored - parties of 4 adults, or families with children were assigned rooms with one king bed. No roll away beds available. Trying to work this our with our "event planner" was a nightmare. The bizarre thing was that there actually were other people who wanted a king room and were given a double queen - it was as if the Marriott just did not care at all about our small group (around 20 rooms). The rate guests paid was supposed to include breakfast vouchers for 2 people each day - some of our guests got the vouchers, some did not, some were actually charged for breakfast anyway. Some got welcome bags, some didn't, the shuttle showed up some of the time, but not at the end of our nearby event. I could go on... I wrote down all my concerns and sent a letter to the management. They offered a minor amount of compensation. But really - nothing could redeem the situation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Beachbadger80
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. Although you have already spoken with someone from management I want to apologize for what took place during your stay. We take the matters you spoke of seriously and will obviously bring these matters to the attention to all of our departments in the hotel for training purposes. Again I want to apologize for what happen during what was suppose to be a wonderful weekend for you.
Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Love the starbucks in the lobby, awesome on the way out the door. Nice big, clean lobby with multiple sitting areas. Pretty good room service food, but not a very extensive menu. Easy in and out with good shuttle service. Rooms are typical size, generally in nice and new condition.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am really happy that you enjoyed the star bucks in the lobby area. We are so pleased to offer this to our guests during their stay. I have also passed your comments along on how well the food was to our food and beverage team. I also brought up the suggestion on looking over possibly expanding the menu.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Two night stay at this Marriott in Naperville.
I have stayed here before,
They have always lived up to Marriott's standards.
The staff is friendly and professional.
The rooms are clean but a little small and the bathroom is very tight for space ( go in stand next to toilet, close door, open shower door) kind of small.
There is a on site StarBucks, food and bar.
This was a corporate (book) stay, I would have tried another brand (facility) if I was booking for myself.

• Stayed: September 2013
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I am happy to hear that we lived up to the Marriott standards you are used to.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Very quiet, very clean, very well maintained, comfortable beds, helpful and enjoyable staff. The rooms are slightly small but it didn't really matter. Very convienient to visiting Naperville. You are close to tons of places to eat. This is a feel good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. Although the rooms may have been smaller to you I happy you still enjoyed the comforts the room had to offer.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for a business meeting and let me tell you the staff at this hotel is fantastic. The food is great, the room was clean and great location. Room service guy used my name and was polite. You get a great feeling when you stay at this hotel. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your positive comments on your experience with our entire service team. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. It looks like you were able to try some of our amenities at the hotel and I’m happy you enjoyed the service you received.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I actually used a Marriott reward certificate to stay here. Surprisingly it is only a Category IV hotel in the Marriott world but it is a much better hotel than the Category would suggest.
The hotel looked as though it had been recently renovated. It had a nice buzz going on in the lobby with lots of activity in a very large space.
Room service food was great and service was quick.
Definitely would go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I have also shared your comments on your experience with our entire service team. I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and enjoyed the features of the renovation. I have also passed along your comments to our Food and Beverage team.