“excellent hotel”

Chicago Marriott Naperville
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Marriott Naperville was a wonderful stay for my family. The hotel is very modern, new and exceptionally clean. The staff were just wonderful, very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 327Amy
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank for the wonderful comments on your stay with us. I have shared those comments to our entire team as an example of excellent customer service. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay.
Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Overall, this is a great hotel. Very clean, comfortable beds, nicely decorated...only downside was the paper thin walls. There was some kids hockey group staying here the same night as us and we could hear running down the halls all night, shouting, whistling, etc. you could hear any time some one flushed a toilet......otherwise, great experience!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,
I am happy that you had an opportunity to stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed your experience with us. Although we have renovated the property there were some things that could not be renovated at the hotel. One of these was the outer walls of the room and apologize for the noise factor this caused during your stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stay at the hotel often and am never disappointed. I like the predicability of the Marriott chain and this hotel represents the brand well. The lounge is large and spacious and the menu is good. There is a Starbucks in the lounge which is always a plus in my book. They offer shuttle service (van) to most restaurants and office buildings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I am happy to hear that you have had an opportunity to stay with us more than once. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I hope it showed during your stay. I hope the shuttles were able to assist you in your travel needs during your stay too.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were attending a Christmas Party in Naperville and stayed at the Marriott. The lobby was inviting and the staff was friendly. The room we received had a shower only so if you prefer a bath, you will need to ask if a room with a bath is available. The shower was large but the water pressure was minimal making the experience of taking a shower unpleasant. The linens were far from luxurious, towels and washcloths were thin and the decorative pillows on the bed had make-up stains from a previous guest. Overall an acceptable hotel with need for improvements.

Room Tip: If you prefer a bath, ask for a room with a bathtub as our room had a shower only.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
I would like to first say that I am happy that the staff was friendly during your stay. I am sorry that the experience you had in your room did not live up to ours or yours standards. Our housekeeping department takes great pride in the work that they do and I have passed on your comments to them to share with the staff. I have also shared your comments with our Engineering department in regards to the water pressure.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed here while visiting friends during the holidays. The staff is friendly, helpful and efficient. The hotel restaurant served a nice buffet breakfast and we enjoyed lunch there as well. Nice lobby bar and sitting area. Our upgraded room (thank you Jonathan) was spacious and clean with a wonderfully comfortable bed. Overall, a perfect choice for those with business or other matters that bring them to Naperville.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would first like to say that I am happy that I was able to assist in making your stay an enjoyable moment for you. We love to hear that our guest love the feel of our great room and I’m happy you had an opportunity to experience it for yourself. I have also passed on your positive comments to the Food and Beverage team.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Much of my husband's large family was in Naperville for a wedding, with the reception being held at this Marriott. I have to say that the hotel was welcoming of us all and did a terrific job with the reception, the food served and venue yet allowing everyone their own space. I appreciated the helpful front desk personnel too, even assisting us to get boarding passes printed out on a computer they have set up specifically for this purpose. If you'd be in Naperville for business or pleasure, this would be a comfortable, centrally located hotel to give a try.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
I would first like to say thank you for staying at our property during your visit to the Naperville area. I hope you had a wonderful time at the wedding and enjoyed your time with your family. I am also happy to hear that the front desk was able to assist you in getting your boarding passes printed. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at this property while visiting family in the Chicago area during Christmas. The hotel was clean and the hotel staff were very nice. We were very surprised that in-room WiFi charges are $10 per day. We found this to be ridiculous. Room service was overpriced. We ordered a pizza, which was very good, and a salad. The salad green were wilted. The hotel website states that breakfast is included in the room rate but we were not made aware that breakfast was available. There was no refrigerator or microwave or safe available. It was nice having a Starbucks on the property. All together, I would not stay here again, nor would I refer clients.

Room Tip: Some rooms are much larger than others. Ask when checking in or making reservations.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,
I want to start off by thanking you for selecting our hotel for your Christmas stay. I am happy to hear that the staff provided a nice experience for you during your stay with us. Although there is a charge for internet in the room we do offer a business center and complimentary internet in the lobby area for all of our guest to use. I have also shared your comments with our food and beverage team about your room service experience during your stay. We do offer packages at the hotel that includes breakfast and I apologize if there was miscommunication upon checking in to your room.