“It's a Marriott”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“It's a Marriott”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stay here consistently for business travel and have had stayed here multiple times. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. It is a Marriott, so there are no coffee makers in the rooms and no free coffee, etc...you will need to purchase coffee at the Starbucks in the lobby.
The restaurant is ok if in a pinch or not wanting to go out in the rain, but there are better places to dine in this price point and many very close by. The only real issue I have with the hotel overall is the water temperature in the shower fluctuates continually from one minute to the next. This can be quite annoying as the water will go from your current setting to scalding hot, then to ice cold, then back to your setting in a matter of 90 seconds. I have experienced the issue in every room thus far, regardless of floor or location within the building. Hopefully that issue will get corrected, but outside of that, it is a Marriott with all the amenities that you would expect from a Marriott. Most importantly the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark R
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for the comments on your stay with us.
I happy to hear that each time you are here that you have enjoyed the rooms you have been in. I will pass on the positive comments about the cleanliness of the rooms to our housekeeping department. I also wanted to let you know that there are coffee makers in the room under the the TV cabinet. I have also shared your comments to the engineering department in regards to the water temperature in the rooms.
Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Chicago Marriott and I must say, from the moment I walked into the Lobby until the time I checked out. The Staff treated me like a VIP.... A tremendous group of people, who would go out of their way to make sure your stay is complete. I would highly recommend if Traveling thru Naperville, stop bye the Chicago Marriott, stay a night or two. You will NOT be disappointed!!

GREAT JOB !!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us.
I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken great pride in the service we provide to each of our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. We teach each of our employees to provide a service that makes the hotel feel like it is your second home.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a my daughter's soccer tournament.

My wife and I travel for business and always enjoy Marriott properties. This is by far one of the better ones.

Ate at the restaurant the first night. The seared salmon was flavorful.

Bar service the second night handled the handful of parents from multiple teams a efficiently as possible. Great selections of scotch, too.

The on-site Starbucks made those early kicks much easier.

We'll stay here again.

Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us.
I will pass on the positive comments on the restaurant and the bar to the food and beverage manager. The Starbucks is a nice treat for those early morning games and hopefully those games were ones to put in the win column as well.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend in May of 2014, we thought the hotel was very nice, spacious rooms and a nice fitness room. No complementary coffee or breakfast though is my only complaint! Otherwise, it was a wonderful stay and we even took advantage of their shuttle service so that we could enjoy downtown Naperville!

Green Features: Loved the eco friendly amenities! The room card activates/deactivates room lights!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the comments on your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the room was spacious enough for you. We are extremely satisfied with our fitness center and how it turned out after the renovation. I am also happy you got a chance to utilize the shuttle and had an opportunity to see the sights of downtown Naperville.
I don’t know if you had a chance to try the complimentary coffee in your room or did not see it in there and apologize to you if that was the case.
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Good hotel, spacious rooms (depending on where they are located), small gym

Minuses:
- small minus for house keeping - sometimes they took some towels and did not replace them (fortunately there were always some left)
- huge minus for people at night shift - we got back from Chicago very late, couldn't order a taxi as all the companies were already closed; we asked hotel for help. It took them 1,5 hours to get a taxi that picked up from the train station. No one called us back with a status and ladies weren't pleased when we called and asked for status of this cab

---

Niezły hotel, w zależności od lokalizacji pokoju moga byc całkiem przestronne pokoje, mała silownia
Minusy:
- mały minus za house keeping
- duży minus za obslugę na nocnej zmianie - wróciłam późno z Chicago i nie mogłam zamówić taksówki, która by mnie odebrała z dworca, poprosiłam obsługe hotelu o pomoc. Przysłanie taksówki na dworzec zajeło im 1,5h!!! Nikt do mnie nie zadzwonił z informacją, a jak zadzwoniłam z pytaniem co z taksówka to Panie były bardzo nie zadowolone, i niesympatyczne. Także nie polecam, bo w sytuacji kryzysowej może się okazać, że będziecie stać o 2 nad ranem przez 1,5 h na dworcu i nikt z hotelu wam nie pomoże

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for the comments on your stay with us.
I want to apologize for the concerns you had during your stay. We obviously in certain areas of your stay didn’t provide the excellent service we are known for. We will use your concerns as a training tool for our staff so we can provide the highest quality of service to our guest.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We have stayed here a few times this year for personal reasons (for our engagement party nearby, for my wedding shower nearby, etc) and have always had a great experience. Great staff, good breakfast, easy parking, big room... We have been upgraded when possible to a corner room which is great but the regular room is nice too. Even with several conventions, it always seems quiet in the room (quite the contrast to our experience at Hyatt Lisle this weekend!) I will always try to stay here when we are in town if the price is right!

Room Tip: Highest floor possible and ask for a corner room upgrade
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay with us.
I am happy to hear that on your numerous trips to our hotel that you enjoyed your time with us. Our staff takes pride in making your stay enjoyable and providing all of our guests with exceptional service.
Puyallup
Reviewed 25 April 2014

One of the best hotels I have stayed at for business. It is very evident that all employees, from bottom to top, are on the same page when it comes to customer service. I don't think I ever passed a staff member who didn't smile and acknowledge me. Hotel is very clean, more than adequate fitness room, very nice pool/hot tub, and clean throughout. My room was spacious with a great shower. The only negative would be in-room charge for wi-fi, but available in the lobby for no cost. A supervisor/manager made a point to stop and chat almost every day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Bruce W
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful comments on your stay with us.
We are very proud of all of our team members for providing exceptional customer service to our guest and I am glad it showed during your stay. I will also pass along your positive comments on the cleanliness of the hotel to our housekeeping department. Although there is a charge for the Wi-Fi in the room if there is anything that needs to be printed we are more than happy to do that for our guest at the front desk.