“good choice”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Parma, Italy
“good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I used this hotel for business.
I think it's a good compronise because is very close to highway and in 35min tou can have a dinner in Chicago by car, but there are a lot of restaurant in Naperville.
Good gim and swimming pool.
Very good Staff in the Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Thank Stefano Mortime... M
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the comments on your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed the hotel and had an opportunity to go in to the city for dinner. I am also happy that you had a chance to use our gym and pool area during your stay.
Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Raleigh NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

As a business traveler, I stay in a number of Marriott properties, and this one is just OK. I stayed 3 nights. It was clean enough, and my reservations were accurate. The walls were paper thin, even the outside walls. The net result was for a noisy hotel. Water pressure was lacking in the shower and the air conditioner was noisy. My room was on the 6th floor, but over one of the entrances; I still heard the noise from the outside entrance and the adjoining tables and chairs. The mattress on the bed in my room was horrible, as I rolled to the center. My back still hurts! The hotel was "green" so you have to put towels in the floor if you are not going to reuse them. My towels were never replaced as I discarded them each day....good thing there was only one in my room. The front desk clerk who checked me in was fabulous and honored a special request. As I was checking out, the front desk clerk disappeared for about 10 minutes; I had an early flight to catch and was not real happy with the wait. Whatever happened to advance check out, with a receipt under your door? So, overall, it was an average stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you are not above an entrance, as they are VERY noisy due to thin walls or non-insulated g...
Green Features: Good practice, but when towels are on the floor, replenish the towels!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us.
Our engineering department is aware of the water pressure issue in some of the rooms and is in the middle of fixing all of the rooms affected. I do apologize if this caused any problems during your stay with us. I have also passed on your housekeeping concerns to the housekeeping department so we can retrain our staff on some of the issues that happen during your stay. We take great pride in the service and quality of our hotel and I am sorry it didn’t show while you were staying with us.
Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A great staff, great bar area, great sports viewing, updated rooms, large rooms, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. They have great technology to improve the eco friendliness of this hotel. The only setback was my air-condition turned on and off during the night which was a little loud.

Room Tip: I like the high floors.
Green Features: Amazing eco friendly hotel, key needs to be in slot by door for lights to remain on. Which also means I don't misplace my key. Just remember to leave it there at night and switch off the lights. Recycling everywhere!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us. We do take great pride in being one of the leaders in the industry for environmental friendly hotels. I do want to apologize for the ac problems in your room though and hope that it didn’t affect your stay too much.
Gig Harbor, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you stay here, hopefully you know where you're going because this hotel is not in Chicago. In fact, it is close to a highway, somewhat NEAR Naperville. So, to include "Chicago" in its name is misleading. Even travel to the main part of Naperville requires a car, taxi or use of the hotel shuttle.

Although I was "stranded" here for a business conference, it wasn't all bad.

Room 410 was clean and corporate, overlooking (through the trees) the front circular drive and pond. There was ample natural light and, overall, the room was spacious enough for a short stay. Of particular delight was the comfortable bed, crisp linens and perfect pillows. And special kudos to the efficient housekeeping staff, whose friendly demeanor made me feel as though I was being well cared for.

However, the room itself certainly lacked some basic amenities. There was no mini fridge or safe. There were NO hooks in the bathroom to hang a toiletry bag or towels. There was a single, small towel rod IN the shower! (Now, maybe I'm old fashioned, but when I hang towels, I usually intend to keep them dry.) Also missing: information about the hotel! No guidebook or binder with information about the fitness center or pool, business center, shuttle service, WiFi or internet access, phone numbers, etc. -- and such information wasn't even provided during check-in. Additionally, as numerous other reviewers noted, the dated shower had varying water pressure (adequate to trickle) and wide temperature fluctuations.

Such deficiencies greatly counter this hotel's ability to rise above low-level budget accommodations.

Lastly, I will cover this in a separate review for Artisan Table, but the restaurant was fabulous for dinner! Service was friendly and the food a bit slow to arrive, but it was delicious. It was hard to believe I was eating at a Marriott -- especially this one!

Tip: Since the hotel is "green" with their electrical use, the room can get "stale" (particularly the closet) without air conditioning/circulation. While it defeats the purpose, request an extra key card strictly for electricity so you can keep the room "breathable" while you're away.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and on the top (7th) floor.
Green Features: Environmentally friendly, though basic services are compromised as a result: poor water pressure and temperature, and stale-smelling rooms and closets.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jonathon E, Front Office Manager at Chicago Marriott Naperville, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us.
I have passed on your positive comments on the cleanliness of the room and the service you received from the housekeeping attendants to the housekeeping manager. Although the majority of our rooms do not have fridges in them they are available upon request. We also have safety deposit boxes at the front desk for our guests to use during their stay. I also want to apologize if you did not see the hook on the back of the bathroom door or if it was missing during your stay.
We take great pride in being a leader in pursuing an environmental friendly hotel. Although you do have to use a key to turn on the lights, I want to ensure you that the AC/Heating is controlled separately from this feature. Our engineering department is aware of the fluctuations in water pressure and making the necessary changes to correct the issue. I also want to apologize if the directory in your room was not there with all of the hotel information.
Finally, I will pass on your positive comments to the food and beverage team on your dining experiences you had at the hotel.
Again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

By far one of my favorite hotels for bizz travel. Right off the freeway, large lounge/bar area for a drink post work, a full Starbucks that you can hit up on the way out to the airport, great room service choices when you're too tired/busy to go out to eat. Super comfy bed and pillows. Friendly service. "Not bad" wireless connection. This is my 2nd time here and I love it even more than the first. It's always great when you come off a Courtyard bed and into a Marriott bed, the difference in comfort is incredible. This is one trip I don't mind going on.

You hear some hallway noise but it was nothing too bad. This hotel is also located a block or two from a large strip mall with restaurants and an LA Fitness gym.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a King suite. The room was huge, almost too huge but request it if you like a lot...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had a chance to utilize some of the amenities offered at our hotel. I noticed you mention the area of restaurants close to us and also know that we have a complimentary shuttle that can take you to downtown Naperville for more food and beverage options.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Contrary to some of the other reviews, our stay was excellent. As far as we could tell, everyone was treated well and no problems arose with water pressure. The hotel as packed but, for the most part, everything functioned well. All staff were efficient and friendly, but the bar/lounge area was under-staffed. Large room but no minibar nor safe (which was a little surprising.). Great service from the hotel shuttle. Would absolutely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us. First of all I am happy to hear that the water pressure was fine in your room. Our engineering department has been working on solutions to the problem and I am happy it showed during your stay. I do apologize for the issue at the bar and have past those comments to the F&B manager. Although we don’t have safes in the room we do have safety deposit boxes located behind the desk for guest to use. We also have fridges available upon request to have in the room.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Traveled to Naperville to visit a friend recuperating from knee replacement surgery. We can't say enough good things about this hotel. Extremely clean, well supplied and up to date rooms with plenty of space. The staff was over the top friendly and helpful and the location was very convenient for our needs. The only meal we had in the hotel was breakfast and it was very good with great service. Honestly we cannot think of a single bad thing to say about this very nice hotel. If we travel to Naperville again we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the positive comments on your stay with us. We take great pride in the service we provide to our guest and I am happy it showed during your stay. I am also glad you were able to use some of the amenities at the hotel. I will also share your positive comments with our entire service team.