“Only if you must”

Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Virginia
“Only if you must”
Reviewed 21 August 2006

I know Sleep Inns are "budget" and "bare bones" but this one falls below that standard. It's an older one, by appearances, and the attention to detail is lacking. We repeatedly had trouble getting our room swipe key to work, and it was beyond annoying to keep going to the desk to get it fixed. The beds sagged in the middle, and you could feel the springs through the worn out padding on top. There was one soda machine and one ice machine in the whole place, and when I couldn't get a Diet Coke from the machine, the multi-lingual desk clerk spoke with another employee who came back and just said, "it only has Sprite". (No apology) I was trying to get my morning caffeine buzz, since the coffee in the breakfast area was so awful. Food offerings for breakfast were also pretty bad, and the toaster was almost non-functional. Noise from the lobby and from the parking lot was easily heard in our room, and the dumpster pick up came at 4:30 a.m. On the plus side, the room was clean and housekeeping respected our "do not disturb" sign. We checked out halfway through our 4 night reservation and moved to another motel. So if you're looking for a budget motel, keep looking. This one would do in a jam, but I wouldn't recommend it as a first, second, or third choice.

1 Thank roadripper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Houston, TX
Reviewed 5 January 2006

I recently spent 4 nights at the Sleep Inn. They had almost everything I needed--free wireless, use of a microwave oven, free newspapers, continental breakfast. The only thing that I missed was an exercise room. There's an outdoor jogging trail, but it was too cold. The staff was very accomodating. It's not a luxury resort, but it was comfortable and great for our needs.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 October 2005

Great hotel. The rooms were clean and staff helpful. The fastest high speed internet I have had in any hotel. I was getting like over 3MB and updated my windows in minutes. Kind of hard to find but next to two other hotels and restaurants. Will sure to stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Naperville hotels
Red Roof PLUS+ Chicago Naperville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Naperville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville/Aurora
Hotel Arista
Hotel Arista
#2 of 18 in Naperville
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Naperville - West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago-Naperville

Been to Sleep Inn Naperville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sleep Inn Naperville

Property: Sleep Inn Naperville
Address: 1831 W Diehl Rd, Naperville, IL 60563-1890
Region: United States > Illinois > Naperville
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Sleep Inn Naperville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn Naperville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Naperville Sleep Inn