“Wonderful staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 22 July 2013

What a great staff. I arrived from Milwaukee about 2 hours earlier than I anticipated. Traffic was not nearly as awful as I thought it would be. It was 1100AM when I arrived. I asked if they had a room ready, they did not as there was a full hotel (Little League). The front desk manager had called housekeeping to please get a room ready. 15 minutes we were checked in. What great service. The rest of the day/night was a piece of cake. Good location, nice beds, and excellent water pressure. The comp. breakfast was good, and coffee 24 hours a day. I will stay here if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Hi Brewerfan,

I'm happy to hear that you had a great experience with us (and that traffic was good for once)! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and I hope that the trip back treated you as well as the trip here.

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stopped here to stay on our way to our destination. We did not have reservations and so we were very happy they had a room for us. I was so impressed with how friendly the staff was! The room was clean with great beds and pillows. We all had a great night sleep. We woke up and ate breakfast. The breakfast was like all hotel breakfasts. The employee in the breakfast room was very helpful and was working really hard to make sure everyone got what they needed. The best part of our stay was the price!!!! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2013

Hi TBurton,

I'm very happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! I have posted your comments for my staff to read and have commended our morning hostess for her efforts on behalf of your comments. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and let us know how we are doing. I hope the trip back was good and we look forward to seeing you again when brought back to the Naperville area.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We found this hotel on Priceline and got a great deal for our first night! Once there, we decided to add a second night too, after looking at our busy schedule with a relative we were visiting. The hotel turned out to have everything we needed and more. The room was clean and large, and our bathroom was very roomy. The a/c was already on and controlled with a wall thermostat, which was handy. I found the beds very comfy with lots of fluffy pillows. The breakfast room was large and the food selection contained all the standard "expanded" breakfast items, such as make-your-own waffles. The staff was busy, but friendly and greeted everyone when they came into the lobby, even those getting off the elevator. It was convenient to I88 for driving into downtown Chicago. There was an indoor pool and fitness room which we did not use, but looked well-kept. The only thing I would change is that the hallways and elevator were very warm. They need some a/c in them.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear NY Empty Nesters,

I'm so happy to hear that you had a great experience with us! I apologize for the warmth in the hallways during your stay. Unfortunately, we lost one of our air conditioners, but that has been fixed and running cold. If ever in the Naperville area again, we would love to have you stay with us!

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I think I will stay at this hotel. I have good attitude and good personality and experience for job I will be good fit for ur staffing. I am a team player and I am o time to work. Excellent work history and when ever see on job and I had a lot of experience. How to training other o job relating other job.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I have traveled back to Naperville with a family group for my youngest daughter's wedding. Needless to say there has been lots of changes and confusion. After a long day of travel yesterday, I had to work thjings out with the Front Desk in the early AM. All I can say is thank goodness for Thelma!!! She was pleasant, efficient -- kept saying "What else do you have more me, I know there is more, bring it on, let's do it right now!" No waiting for a manager, passing the buck. Just the ultimate service with a smile. All Marriott's are great, but this one is made extra special by an Angel named Thelma. Hey Marriott, you should get a thousand just like her.

Alan

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hi Alan,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel. I'm very happy to hear that Thelma was able to take care of you efficiently and that you had a good trip. I have posted your comments for my staff to see and if you're ever in the Naperville area again, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I'm sorry, but I cannot rate this hotel any higher than average. I do not feel they deserve a poor rating, however, not sure they deserve an average rating. I will explain below.

Stayed at this hotel 05/17 while in town for medical appointments. When we checked in, the front desk staff were both energetic and very friendly. They fulfilled our request of a ground floor room, but told us they were running short on ground floor rooms and we would be staying in a handicapped room, which was fine.

The front desk staff gave us directions to a Super Target so we could get new windshield wipers for our car and told us about restaurants in the area. After we came back from dinner around 9:00PM, there was a large group of teenagers running all over the lobby and pool area being loud. We went to our room and I went back to the lobby for coffee. One of the teens came over while I was getting coffee and made the comment they had to drink the coffee because they had nothing else. After a while, I went back to the lobby for more coffee and the pots were empty, all the sugar was gone, very little sweetener left and there was a mess on the counter. I advised the front desk staff. I went back about 45 minutes later, and still no coffee or sugar and the mess was still there. Every time I went to the front desk to make an inquiry, no staff was in sight. At one point, I could see one of the staff in the back, sitting at a computer, and it appeared she was playing a game or checking her Facebook page.

The internet was terrible! First had problems connecting. Wife contacted the front desk and staff arrived to assist. Once connected, it was very slow to the point it was almost like a dial up connection. At times it worked very good, then it would just quit working. Very disappointed in the internet as this hasn't been our experience with other Fairfield properties. The tile in the shower needed to be repaired as several of the tiles below the handicapped shower chair were broken.

The room was large, very clean and comfortable. Beds provided us with a good nights sleep. The next morning, I went for breakfast and while going through the line, I could see the top of the juice machine was covered with dust and had obviously not been cleaned for a while. I had taken the last large styrofoam plate and when another guest asked for a large plate for his waffle, the attendant said they were out of large plates and he would have to use a small styrofoam plate. Some guests were attempting to eat waffles out of a styrofoam bowl. They also ran out of eggs and the attendant said she would have more eggs coming soon, but to my knowledge, it was not refilled while I was in the dining room.

After I took my morning shower, I opened the curtain and found water all over the bathroom floor and the bathmat was soaked. (This was a large walk in handicapped shower.) The water was running down the drain located in the middle of the floor and the floor was slippery. I cleaned up the water under the sink and around the toilet and the towel was soaked.

When we went to check out, there were 4 or 5 people waiting at the front desk, and no one was there. Finally, one young lady somewhat raised her voice and said "Hello" and the front desk staff emerged from the back,

As I said, the room was clean and very comfortable. The pool and business center area appeared very nice and clean, however, we did not use those areas. But the little things I mentioned above we have not experienced at any Fairfield Inn we have stayed at. Needless to say, I was disappointed in this property, especially the internet connection. Would we stay at this property again? Maybe...maybe not. Depends on what our options are.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

I apologize for the long delay in responding to your review. I wanted to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and apologize for the lack of service you encountered while here with us. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with all of the staff here and the problems you mentioned will not be tolerated. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

Upon my entrance to the hotel I was greeted by a wonderful staff member, Thelma. She was friendly, personable, and very energetic. Her cheerful personality alone will be the reason why I return or refer a friend. I am her for the Mother Days weekend and this so far has started out as a great weekend that to the staff at Fairfield, namely Thelma. My 3 children were also introduced and shared a sweet snack upon out stay. I hope there are more hotel chains in the nearby area that utilizes Thelmas practices and sweet personality for their guest. It makes the world of difference on your stay away from home.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Hi Samantha,

I'm happy that your check in experience was a great one! I fully expect that the rest of your stay will just as great. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience though, please let us know at any time. Thank you very much for your comments.

Have a wonderful vacation!