“Convenient location and met our needs”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
“Convenient location and met our needs”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here one night at the beginning of a weekend trip to Chicago. The room was right on I-88 and close to restaurants in Naperville. I was surprised that we heard zero traffic noise from the tollway. Our room was clean and nice, and the manager left a card for me as a Marriott Rewards member. The wi-fi service in our room and the lobby was fast and reliable, and the breakfast area was comfortable. Very good for the price!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Hello Judith,

I'm very pleased to hear that you had a great experience here and that the location worked so well. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Have a great day,
Andrew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Chase510
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last weekend I was traveling with my husband and our four - yes, 4! - children, so a suite was a necessity. We often stay at Embassy or Drury hotels and expected a similar level of accommodations. By that, I expect something I pay for as a suite to actually *be* a suite. Instead, we got a room that did have a king size bed and a pull out couch, as described. However, no division of any kind existed between the living and the sleeping areas. The bed and the couch were perhaps two feet away from each other. There was zero privacy available. My older children were kept awake for a large portion of the night by our infant, as we were all sharing one (small) space. The baby couldn't go to sleep because we were all right there by him. I expected to have a door we could close for part of the stay, that's why I booked a suite!

If I wanted this sort of accommodation, I could have spent less money and booked a room with two double beds. This was a suite by no stretch of the imagination.

The Fairfield wouldn't help me with the situation at all (I asked to be given an additional room or a refund) because I had booked through a third party site. I understand that would usually be the case, yet the third party site held no fault in this. It is the *Fairfield* who describes and sells this room as a suite. The fault lies in their description. A suite should have separate living and sleeping areas, I have never had a suite that didn't. This room was not as described and in no way suited the needs of my family.

The young lady at the front desk was extremely rude and not in the least bit helpful or sympathetic to my plight.

Also - we drove around for some time before finally calling to get directions to the hotel. Their sign is approximately the size of a piece of notebook paper, and the hotel is set very far back from the road that serves as it's address. Perhaps in the daytime this wouldn't be an issue, but we arrived after dark and had a very difficult time locating the hotel.

The pluses - the breakfast was good and the hotel was very clean and up to date. Free wi-fi was nice and there was plenty of parking. However, as I feel the hotel was dishonest in their room description and was completely unwilling to work to accommodate my family, I cannot envision staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want division in your sleeping arrangements, get two rooms. Their 'suites' aren'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I understand that not getting what you expected can be a major inconvenience at any time, but especially when away from home. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your needs. If there is any other information that you would like me to know, I will be happy to listen and respond if desired. I can be reached by email at aditch@fhginc.com at any time.

Sterling, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2013

our sales and marketing team had a last minute need to be in chicago to do some retail research and tehn needed a place to meet and brainstorm. With only 48 hours notice, Lee (the Fairfiled sales manager) got us a great rate on 8 rooms and a meeting room for 1/2 the day... Great value, nice rooms, .. our entire team said "we need to do this more often"

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review! We are very glad to hear that your event was a success and that we could be a part of it. We look forward to seeing you again the next time business brings you to Naperville!

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the Labour Day long weekend of 2013. The hotel seemed new, the staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms were clean, and the beds were comfortable. The hot continental breakfast included eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, cereal, and make your own waffles. It is right off the highway, so it only took about 30min each way to get right downtown Chicago. There's a Cracker Barrel right next door, and many restaurants and shopping just down the road. All in all, it was a great hotel and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Amanda H
Byron, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Spent one night as part of a business trip. Clean, comfortable and quiet, even with I-88 not far away. Used to stay at the SpringHill Suites but their internet became a litle flaky. Decided to try this place. Internet connection was solid. Made reservations for another trip to the area in a month.

Close to some good restaurants - White Chocolate Grill was very good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, 25 August 2013
Hello,

Thank you very much for your comments! We recently updated our wifi service to provide better speed and connectivity throughout so I am glad to hear that everythign worked great for you. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip up.

Have a great day,
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Great choice when in the area. Its a newly remodeled Fairfield thats in very good shape, clean , bright, and close to lots of restaraunts. Its a typical Fairfield with a good breakfast to get you going in the morning. Great deal compared to some of the other hotels around. The handful of restaraunts around are all within walking distance of no more then 2 minutes. There are a couple of sit down restaraunts, a World of Beer, and some faster stuff. If in the area, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for your review and nice comments! We're very happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and found our location accommodating. I hope your trip back was safe and good.
Have a great day!

Carlsbad, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel because of proximity to husband's business, and so glad I did. It is an easy walk to many restaurants, which we so prefer to getting in the car after a day's work. We've enjoyed White Chocolate Grill and Cooper's Hawk for dinner, and I've had lunch at Jason's Deli and Subway. The hotel has a very nice breakfast, with eggs, meat, yogurt, cereal, waffles, bread, juice, and coffee. The staff here is most helpful: came right to the door when the TV wouldn't turn on and when the faucet leaked and immediately took care of both. Our room is spacious and has plenty of room for our suitcases, clothes, and electronics. Delighted to say it has plenty of plugs for our electronics! Another bonus is in room coffee. The wireless Internet is good, too. The only thing I don't like here is the bathroom, as the sink area is too small for two people and has no storage for toiletries, makeup, etc. We would return.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Hello Ellswells,

Thank you for sharing your experience! I'm sorry to hear that there were a couple issues with the room, but I'm haapy to see that we were able to fix them promptly for you. If you are planning another trip into Naperville, we will have even more restaurant selections for you. I hope your trip back home was enjoyable.