“Decent hotel and great location”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Decent hotel and friendly staff. There are many restaurants very close to the hotel and you don't need to drive for lunch/dinner. We booked for one day but wanted to extend for one more day.The hotel quoted higher price for second day but agreed to extend at the same price that we got on hotel.com.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience and decided to extend your time with us. We look forward to having you visit again any time!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Our group had seven rooms and we stayed for 2 nights. All the rooms were large and clean. Lots of variety for breakfast and fast and friendly service at reception. This is an annual trip and we will stay here next year and years after as long as we keep making this trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your wonderful comments and review! I'm happy to hear that you and your team had a great experience here. We look forward to having all of you stay with us again.

We hope the trip home was just as good.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

Had a free night from marriott. We usually go somewhere to see the fall colors. Woke up to terrible weather and decieded not to drive to our hiking location for the overnight. We went on line to find a place closer to spend the night. The revervations number made changibg my plans very easy. We were greeted at the property by very friendly staff. We asked for dinner suggestions. They provided us with a wide choice of places . We went to dinner , brought desert back to the room. The hotel was so quest that we slept thru breakfast the next morning. The check-out stafff was as friendly as the night before. We would go back in a heart beat

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on opposite side as the highway on a upper floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
FFISNaperville, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I'm happy to hear that it was a great one and you were able to relax on your getaway. If in town again, I invite you to check out our package rates for getaways. Have a great day, and happy holidays!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

The location is convenient to walking to dinner. The college we were visiting suggested this hotel and we received a really good rate. The room was really small, which was probably tied to our rate. It would have been nice to have been upgraded with Reward status, but I didn't push the issue. Breakfast was good, but I do have to say that I'm really tired of the juices in the morning being some sort of "juice drink" that doesn't remotely resemble orange juice. Entrance is a bit odd, but hotel is in very good condition. I'd rate it "Good", but if my choices are Average and Very Good, I'd have to go with Average.

Room Tip: My first floor room with two beds was really small. No refrigerator either. Ask for something bett...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I'm always looking for ways to take us from good to great. I'm sorry to hear that you found your room a bit on the small side. If you make it out to Naperville again, I invite you to try out one of our suites. They are larger rooms and do come with a fridge and microwave as a standard.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here one night at the beginning of a weekend trip to Chicago. The room was right on I-88 and close to restaurants in Naperville. I was surprised that we heard zero traffic noise from the tollway. Our room was clean and nice, and the manager left a card for me as a Marriott Rewards member. The wi-fi service in our room and the lobby was fast and reliable, and the breakfast area was comfortable. Very good for the price!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello Judith,

I'm very pleased to hear that you had a great experience here and that the location worked so well. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing!

Have a great day,

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Last weekend I was traveling with my husband and our four - yes, 4! - children, so a suite was a necessity. We often stay at Embassy or Drury hotels and expected a similar level of accommodations. By that, I expect something I pay for as a suite to actually *be* a suite. Instead, we got a room that did have a king size bed and a pull out couch, as described. However, no division of any kind existed between the living and the sleeping areas. The bed and the couch were perhaps two feet away from each other. There was zero privacy available. My older children were kept awake for a large portion of the night by our infant, as we were all sharing one (small) space. The baby couldn't go to sleep because we were all right there by him. I expected to have a door we could close for part of the stay, that's why I booked a suite!

If I wanted this sort of accommodation, I could have spent less money and booked a room with two double beds. This was a suite by no stretch of the imagination.

The Fairfield wouldn't help me with the situation at all (I asked to be given an additional room or a refund) because I had booked through a third party site. I understand that would usually be the case, yet the third party site held no fault in this. It is the *Fairfield* who describes and sells this room as a suite. The fault lies in their description. A suite should have separate living and sleeping areas, I have never had a suite that didn't. This room was not as described and in no way suited the needs of my family.

The young lady at the front desk was extremely rude and not in the least bit helpful or sympathetic to my plight.

Also - we drove around for some time before finally calling to get directions to the hotel. Their sign is approximately the size of a piece of notebook paper, and the hotel is set very far back from the road that serves as it's address. Perhaps in the daytime this wouldn't be an issue, but we arrived after dark and had a very difficult time locating the hotel.

The pluses - the breakfast was good and the hotel was very clean and up to date. Free wi-fi was nice and there was plenty of parking. However, as I feel the hotel was dishonest in their room description and was completely unwilling to work to accommodate my family, I cannot envision staying there again.

Room Tip: If you want division in your sleeping arrangements, get two rooms. Their 'suites' aren'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I understand that not getting what you expected can be a major inconvenience at any time, but especially when away from home. I apologize that we were not able to accommodate your needs. If there is any other information that you would like me to know, I will be happy to listen and respond if desired. I can be reached by email at aditch@fhginc.com at any time.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

our sales and marketing team had a last minute need to be in chicago to do some retail research and tehn needed a place to meet and brainstorm. With only 48 hours notice, Lee (the Fairfiled sales manager) got us a great rate on 8 rooms and a meeting room for 1/2 the day... Great value, nice rooms, .. our entire team said "we need to do this more often"

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FFISNaperville, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very nice review! We are very glad to hear that your event was a success and that we could be a part of it. We look forward to seeing you again the next time business brings you to Naperville!