“Go somewhere else!!! Would NOT recommend!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Naperville

Motel 6 Naperville
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Bonner Springs
“Go somewhere else!!! Would NOT recommend!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay just outside of Chicago to save on hotel expense. We chose this place as it was affordable, and had decent reviews with nice pictures. The rooms in the pictures did not match what we ended up with. The room just felt dirty, it was very hodgepodge, the bathroom door had a painted over hole, uncomfortable beds, dirty carpet. We had no choice the first night but to stay, but we mentioned to the front desk how this room is not what we had seen advertised and would like to check out early. We were told there would be no refunds. I am a very frugal person but I was not comfortable staying here for two more nights. So we took a loss, and checked out early. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Andersonmama
Syed R, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. I apologize that your stay was not comfortable this time. Hope you will give us another chance to serve you and make your next trip comfortable and pleasant.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I booked a "standard" room with a full-size bed. The room was clean overall. The bed was bouncy, not much cushioning, and I woke up with a backache. The room was quite small and the bathroom/ shower area was tiny. The room was large enough for two people who really like each other, but for a couple with a baby, it's a tiny room. Older decor. Dark teal carpeting. It's been a long time since I've seen teal-colored carpeting.

The water pressure in the shower was fine. They provide shampoo, conditioner and a hair dryer, plus an iron and ironing board. The in-room coffee was Maxwell House (good) and breakfast consisted of bagels, dry cereal, instant oatmeal, fruit, some kind of orange juice, coffee and hot water for tea.

For the price in this area it was about what I was expecting. I checked in late at night and my floor stank of marijuana. I don't freak out when I know people are smoking pot somewhere on my floor, but man it stinks! I hate the smell of it. I wish pot smokers would be considerate of people who are allergic to smoke or really hate the smell. I informed the woman at the front desk about the odor. She said she would look into it. I don't know if she did. This is not the first motel I've stayed at where I smelled pot and it will no doubt not be the last.

Other than that new reality of traveling at some hotels, the staff overall was helpful and competent. I would stay here again for one or two nights, but the room is too small, in my opinion, for a comfortable long stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a room near the elevator. It squeaks loudly and the doors clunk together. If you b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Syed R, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. You mention that the standard room with double bed was little small for your family, and the bed was not comfortable. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please stay with us again we will upgrade your room to a queen size bed hope you will enjoy it.
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Basic but needs attention to details. In our room the shower curtain holder was not level so the shower curtain kept falling open during the shower.

The occupant before us had damaged the table edge in the room and the edge fell off and spent our stay sitting on a chair.

Twice we had to ask for toilet paper or a face cloth because the staff hadn't anticipated the need.

These things add up and bring down your sense of what should be a basic solid place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Syed R, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for writing a review. Your feed back is very important for us . We will take care of the issues that you mention. I apologize for the inconvenience hope that you will give us another chance to serve you better.