“Nashville Illinois”

Best Western U. S. Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good place...mediocre breakfast...good pool..we were in a competition in Sparta and it was worth the drive to stay comfortably. The room was fine...but we only paid 77 a night and I was fine with that

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western U. S. Inn

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Staff is friendly. Rooms are clean. Rates are great, including for the pets. Breakfast is good (standard continental fare plus waffles.) The one caveat is that the stairwell smelled like smoke. (heads-up for the fitness-minded traveler, there's no fitness room and it's not a location where you can safely go out for a run [busy country road without a shoulder])

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Had a very nice stay at the Best Western Nashville, Illinois, because it was summer I had a chance to travel with my son and grandson so they could see some of America. We had a wonderful time and the accommodations we very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I think I've said it in other reviews; I'm kinda picky about hotels. However, we found ourselves on a trip where we didn't expect to stop overnight but decided last minute that we probably should. It was late, so we didn't want to pay an extraordinary amount for just a few hours in a bed. Yet cleanliness is still priority.

Usually when traveling, we will pay higher prices because amenities are wanted.

So, we found ourselves on a very long stretch that was leading into a long while of nothingness. Hotels were getting scarce, and the likes being motel6, super8, etc. A few exits had the hotels we would usually use, like a Drury, Hampton, Marriott but they were full or priced way beyond what I was willing to pay to sleep for 4-5 hours then leave.

Hubby mentioned this hotel, and I was reluctant. It had been a very, very long time since I'd stayed at a Best Western, and I don't recall them being on the end of what I prefer. However, he read me the TripAdvisor reviews, so I agreed to stop. Like I said, we were about to head into a couple of hours of Indiana nothingness and it was past midnight.

It's not the best, of course it's not. But I can tell you, there were things about it that were better than the Crowne Plaza we stated at a couple weeks ago in downtown St. Louis.

The beds are clean and comfortable. I pulled the sheets off the bed and the mattresses looked clean. The room is very basic, but that was all we needed. The beds are double. I prefer bigger, but again, it worked for our needs at that time. The bathroom is clean, shower head nice, and water pressure decent. The air worked wonderfully. Check in and out was hassle free.

The hotel is quite outdated aesthetically. There are stairs, appears to be no elevators. Maybe there is one, but we were directed to stairs at check in. Granted, there only appears to be 2 floors.

The carpet is very old and worn. There is no "clean" smell like at some other hotels we go to, but it doesn't smell badly either. Lights in rooms and hallway are not as bright as I feel.they could/should be.

The breakfast wasn't bad. Your normal provided breakfast: cereal, milk, juice, pastries, coffee, eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt.

No real butter. Please? Wasn't pleasant eating toast with that spreadable plastic called margarine.

All in all, a very acceptable stay for basic sleeping need. We would stay again!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I travel frequently and this particular hotel was awesome! There were lots of pillows, the room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would stay here again if I am in Nashville, ILL again. I generally stay at other chain hotels and was pleasantly surprised at the value and the room and bed quality.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very comfortable bed and clean room with all amenities needed. Hotel appearance is neat and nice looking. Breakfast is very generous and quality of food is excellent. WiFi is fast. Staff is up to speed in response to requests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Everything went perfectly and all of the staff came to know us personally. They all exhibited a casual but professional desire to make everything as good as it could be. I am required to use at least 200 characters in this review and so, I added this last sentence.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bobsomm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
Comfort Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
Drury Inn & Suites Mt. Vernon
#1 of 14 in Mount Vernon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mount Vernon Rend Lake

Been to Best Western U. S. Inn? Share your experiences!