“Good wine”
Review of Baxter's Vineyards

Baxter's Vineyards
Ranked #4 of 11 things to do in Nauvoo
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice place to get a good bottle of wine, wine tasting available. Carol' s pies available for purchase.

Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review on our winery!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The wine is of course lovely but I have been a long time fan of Carol's Pie's and I highly recommend the rhubarb pie...it literally melts in your mouth. I order one about every time I go back to visit my family who lives there and we never make it home with any pie; we eat all of it every time! You can't beat personable people and you feel instantly at home here. So stop in and enjoy their wine and pie!!

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! We truly appreciate them!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Baxter's had great reviews and has a long legacy, so we thought we would give it a try. We happened to be there on a Sunday afternoon and there were no tours that day. (I'm not sure why they were even open.) There was a motorcycle event going on at the bar next to the winery building. We ducked into the winery and found an employee who did NOT offer nor inquire about tasting any wine. I even chose a bottle of "Blush" that I was interested in on the tasting station, but she never made a move or even tried to assist with a tasting. She wasn't very personable, and did not make me feel the least bit welcome. The winery itself didn't seem very picturesque, as all we saw were dried vines on trellises across the street from the winery building and the building was just a metal structure. We didn't walk around the property after the experience in the shop, so there may have been beautiful views out back. I have visited and bought from every winery I've visited all over the country, and this was the worst experience I've had. It's the ONLY time I didn't leave a winery with a bottle of wine.

1  Thank Amy W
Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review online; we are very disappointed and sorry to hear that you had a less than excellent experience at Baxter's! We take all of our reviews - good and bad seriously and will make a point to discuss this review with our staff. If you are in Nauvoo again, we would love to have you stop in again!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The wine is furnished by a lot of local wine makers, and then you have lunch. It's just an awesome trip. The wine tasting is free. Everything from several grape varieties on 1 side, to all different fruits wines, etc on the other. 1 of my annual local events

Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to review our winery and our event! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Home Winemaker's Contest!

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This is an old vineyard. They offer free samples and let you taste only the wines you want. I know I like sweet wine and that is what I want to taste. The prices range from $10 to $14. Very affordable. You can buy the wine by theglass aand enjoy it out side. It was too hot though when we were there.

Kim O, Manager at Baxter's Vineyards, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our winery - we love the feedback and hope you'll be back again soon!