Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Rivers Inn Motel(Fort Madison)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fort Madison)
Budget Inn(Keokuk)
All reviewsyouthwardmicrowavefestivalroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Nauvoo is a pretty and small historic town and my friend, who was getting married, recommended this place to stay. I arrived around noon and asked if I could be checked in early--I explained that her wedding was at 4pm. The front desk clerk said no, so I asked if I could check back at 2pm. And she said yes, but it didn't sound promising so I took my time coming back. I was able to check in at 3pm.

The room was cozy-I loved that they had a microwave oven and a refrigerator. Even though they had suites, it was great to see it available for a smaller room--a big plus for this tourist who usually brings home leftovers.

I was worried about being in a room next to the elevator, but the only noise I ever heard were the children occasionally running down the hallway a couple times.

The indoor pool and hot tub is such a great asset. I jogged & walked around town and old Nauvoo.

The customer service was professional and courteous. When I inquired about places to eat, she recommended the bakery-restaurant 3 small blocks away. When I checked out, the friendly older gentleman with the vacuum made sure I knew were I was going.

Overall, I was very pleased with my one night stay (Thanks Jenny!). I used the iron which looked new; also the small table was so helpful to place my belongings on after my red eye flight.

(I didn't try the restaurant, but the groups arriving in & going out seemed pleased with it.) I prepaid $88 for my room (I still can't get over the marvelous convenience of the microwave).

I

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank tayberryjam
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The location is great as you can walk to all of the sights in Nauvoo. The food is not all that great and the beds are awful. Also don't plan on using their irons they are pretty old.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Rory B
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We had a large group of extended family that stayed here for my son's wedding. After reading some of the negative reviews, we were worried! We found the accommodations to be perfect for our large group. Where else will you find a hotel room that sleeps 10 people? The walls were freshly painted, the mattresses looked new. We had plenty of towels and pillows and enjoyed having a kitchen in our room.

Room Tip: Perfect for a large family.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 07LizzyB
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

It is our pleasure to read your positive feedback about your stay with us. Thank you for selecting to stay with us on your trip to Nauvoo and for your positive comments. It is exactly feedback such as yours that assists us in achieving the service excellence that we constantly strive for.
We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 5 August 2011

My family has stayed at this motel several times, and we've always had a good experience. The rooms are clean and large. This is a great hotel for large families, it's hard to find rooms for a family of seven. They have several. And, as I said in the title, it's the only hotel in Nauvoo with a pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. Your comments are much appreciated and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were off behind the building in an older motel style building. The first night there were not pillow cases on 3 of the pillows, when I called to get cases, I was told that I could come over to their building and get them from the front desk. It was just me and the kids, so I asked that they deliver them. They told me that there was only one person on staff and they couldn't leave the desk to bring me what I needed. After getting upset, they found someone to bring me pillowcases 45 minutes later! The room was old and dirty, with a razor head that was not mine on my bathroom floor for the whole 3 nights we stayed. There must have been some hole to the outside because despite our efforts to rid the room of bugs myself and my children were eaten alive by mosquitos while we slept. every night! On the second day the room was somewhat serviced, and they left me with only 2 towels, none of which were in the bathroom. My Friend who was staying next door to me had the same trouble with the towels, and on day two her room began to stink like sewage. Upon complaining to the management she was offered some air freshener. There was clearly a problem in the bathroom as the smell was strongest closest to the toilet, but the entire room was nearly unbearable! Not once did they send over maintenance to try to fix the problem. On the last day that we were staying I complained to the front desk about the way our rooms had been serviced. They offered to have "so and so" assigned to our room, and assured us that he would clean it right. Indeed there were clean linens, but the razor remained on the bathroom floor. Generally the rooms were dirty and the service was terrible. And to add insult to injury, they've over charged me and now I have to call and get that charge taken off.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Christiewall
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

The hotel is responsible and we failed. We apologize. This guest was in our older building which has older air conditioners that are not as effective as newer technology in keeping humidity out and in high temperature, high humidity days the rooms can smell “musty”. As to the housekeeping issues the hotel contracted these rooms out to a third party. Here is the contractor’s statement:

My company is contracted by Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites to do housekeeping in the “Annex” rooms, one of which this guest stayed in. The standards we are required to meet are: rooms at the Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites are to be cleaned daily for stayovers which includes fresh towels given when they are requested or when the dirty towels are left on the floor. If the towels are hung up, the assumption is that the patron wants to reuse those towels for an extra day. When rooms are refreshed daily, housekeepers are to remove trash, clean toilets and sinks, make the beds and change sheets if patrons require it and vacuum the floors around the patron’s items. Housekeepers do not move patron’s items and thus floors and beds that have items on them cannot be fully cleaned until those items are removed. The hotel expects its employees and contractors to provide excellent service for guests. We disappointed both the guest and our employer when we failed to meet these standards.

Mokihana Jensen