“Nauvoo Family Inn Great for Reunions!”

Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nauvoo
Orem, Utah
“Nauvoo Family Inn Great for Reunions!”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed in Nauvoo Family Inn the week following Memorial Day, and the grandkids loved the pool and hot tub when we took breaks from seeing the Nauvoo sites. It was fun being able to stay together in a 3 bedroom suite, although it was very small with not enough places for everyone to sit (4 bar stools and 1 couch). There was a nice Summer Kitchen Restaurant down the end of our hall, but we had planned to prepare our own meals (shopped in Keokuk, Iowa). Thanks for a great time, Nauvoo Family Inn!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for staying at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites! We love hearing from our guests! I'm so happy that you had a good time with your family! We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cedar City, Utah, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

We found this place ok. Not a nice place but average. Small old tv. The room is larger then most. I slept well. The beds are very low I am not sure why, just noticed. Clean rooms. Lots of Mormon items for sale in lobby.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us while visiting Nauvoo. We appreciate your business.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have stayed here twice with youth groups visiting Nauvoo. The pricing of the large rooms is great for our budget. We have stayed in the main hotel lodge, across the street at the Manor House and in the Executive Suites across the street. The 8 person room in the main lodge was well equipped with comfortable beds. The kitchen was clean and useful as we cooked a lot of meals for our groups. The Manor House is like a big dorm room set up with 2 double-bed kitchen suites flanked by 8 person bunk rooms. Price on the bunk rooms comes to about $10 per person a night which is pretty hard to beat. The rooms are modern, clean and the A/C works great. The Manor House is fairly new and looks like it was upgraded between 2008 and 2012. The executive suites were brand new with 2 separate bedrooms (1 king and 1 with 2 doubles). More expensive than the suite rooms but more privacy for the guests. The kitchens in the executive suites are bigger and make a great place from which to stage meal preparation for large groups. On both occasions in 2008 and 2012 we rented the Events center next to the Main lodge north of Mulholland to use for feeding the youth groups. That is the only way I could imagine you could handle feeding a large group unless you had them eat in the hall of the Manor House which would not be good. It would be great if the Events center could be modified to have a kitchen so that the cooked food would not have to be carried across the street from the Manor House suites or the executive suites. The kids enjoyed the pool on both occasions. In 2008 we purchased a meal for the group at the buffet at the restaurant. Overpriced for what we got. Food was not that great. Reminded me of a cheap knock off of Chuck-a-Rama from the 70's. It is much cheaper and better to prepare your own food and feed at the Event Center.

I will say that without this lodge, I do not know how large youth groups would be able to visit Nauvoo in the middle of summer in any kind of comfort. I appreciate this ability to house our youth in comfort and security at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BYUDad
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying with us. We love to be able to provide what youth groups need in housing, meals, etc. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Plain City
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were stuck in the annex section of their fine establishment. The carpet and bedding were filthy, and we didn't dare walk around without shoes on in the room. The bathroom looked like a demilitarized zone, with peeling linolium and dirt in the corners. The tub was totall yellow and gross. This place made the Super 8 in the ghettos of Chicago look like a 5 Star resort.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Julia S
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Nauvoo is a pretty and small historic town and my friend, who was getting married, recommended this place to stay. I arrived around noon and asked if I could be checked in early--I explained that her wedding was at 4pm. The front desk clerk said no, so I asked if I could check back at 2pm. And she said yes, but it didn't sound promising so I took my time coming back. I was able to check in at 3pm.

The room was cozy-I loved that they had a microwave oven and a refrigerator. Even though they had suites, it was great to see it available for a smaller room--a big plus for this tourist who usually brings home leftovers.

I was worried about being in a room next to the elevator, but the only noise I ever heard were the children occasionally running down the hallway a couple times.

The indoor pool and hot tub is such a great asset. I jogged & walked around town and old Nauvoo.

The customer service was professional and courteous. When I inquired about places to eat, she recommended the bakery-restaurant 3 small blocks away. When I checked out, the friendly older gentleman with the vacuum made sure I knew were I was going.

Overall, I was very pleased with my one night stay (Thanks Jenny!). I used the iron which looked new; also the small table was so helpful to place my belongings on after my red eye flight.

(I didn't try the restaurant, but the groups arriving in & going out seemed pleased with it.) I prepaid $88 for my room (I still can't get over the marvelous convenience of the microwave).

I

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank tayberryjam
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The location is great as you can walk to all of the sights in Nauvoo. The food is not all that great and the beds are awful. Also don't plan on using their irons they are pretty old.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rory B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We had a large group of extended family that stayed here for my son's wedding. After reading some of the negative reviews, we were worried! We found the accommodations to be perfect for our large group. Where else will you find a hotel room that sleeps 10 people? The walls were freshly painted, the mattresses looked new. We had plenty of towels and pillows and enjoyed having a kitchen in our room.

Room Tip: Perfect for a large family.