“Nauvoo Family Inn”

Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Nauvoo
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A Family run Hotel that has grown and added additional facilities over the years. Easy Check-in and very comfortable room with two queen beds. Great breakfast buffet and reasonable price.
Room was clean and made up each day and towels refreshed. Room was right across the hall from the indoor swimming pool and yet is was quiet. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the swimming pool
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Norm V
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites and we look forward to serving you again! We appreciate your business. Thank you for making your family part of ours.

There are newer reviews for Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but this place way overcharges and way underdelivers from a hospitality perspective. There is one small elevator for the entire large facility -- not at all friendly to disabled people. The parking is wholly inadequate. The beds are too low and have very cheap mattresses. The décor is outdated and stale. All of this is bad to begin with, but the housekeeping is even worse.

My wife accidentally spilled a drink on the sheets so we called for a change of linens. We went out for dinner and when we returned we found the bed had been stripped and linens left behind for us to make our own bed. Any other (and much cheaper) hotel would have changed the linens for us. Not this facility. When I complained to the nighttime front desk person, she told me she had no authority to do anything about it, but there would be someone there in the morning who could. To avoid similar treatment for a terribly high and unjustified price, run, don't walk, to any other facility in Nauvoo!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Imagine my surprise reading this review from you after the nice telephone conversation we had yesterday. We discussed the issues that you had. Housekeeping is not in the building at night, however, as I said in our telephone conversation the front desk staff should've made your bed for you. There is no excuse for that. You are correct, in July, the parking lot is very full, however we do have 2 parking lots and a lot across from the hotel that we use for overflow of parking. To say one elevator is not enough for 2 and a half stories is a slight over statement. Front desk attendants do have the authority to do what it takes to make our guests happy, to say that they don't have authority is untrue. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. When I asked you how we could make this right, you and I came to an agreement, and I have followed through with that. I hope that you will give us another try, as stated in our phone conversation.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Our family of 9 stayed here in one of the family suites. We had 3 bedrooms and a sleeper in the main room. It was very comfortable for us. We didn't do much cooking, more just warming things up, but the kitchen was nice, and everything worked. Our beds were comfortable, and the rooms were clean. The staff were friendly, our grandchildren enjoyed the swimming pool. We didn't eat here, but our daughter had stayed here a year ago with her Single Adult ward, and they did eat there. She thought the food was good. I did our laundry here, and was pleased that there were machines just down the hall from our room. If we ever make it to Nauvoo again, I would look at staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ruth B

Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you had a good time at our hotel and that you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to Nauvoo. Thank you for making your family part of ours!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This was a good place to stay for our family trip to Nauvoo. We didn't spend a lot of time at the place, but when we were there, the pool was enjoyable for my wife and kids and we all slept comfortably. Not a lot of room in the bathroom to put things, but we were travelling and were used to living out of our luggage. Altogether nice place and service was alright. We were there in early June, 2013, which is apparently right before busy season. We didn't try it, but we heard from a number of people in town that their buffett was really good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric B

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business and are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you fro taking the time to post on trip advisor. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed in a 3 bedroom suite the first week of June 2013. We didn't have the same experience as a previous reviewer who had horrible customer service. All of the workers we came in contact with were friendly and would ask if they could help us in anyway. We felt well taken care of. The word "suite" kind of brings to mind something large and nice. This "suite" was not very big, and was a little older with older appliances and furniture. They had 2 bathrooms which were clean, but my family prefers a bath, so the fact that they only had showers was a little disappointing. Everything is clean, however, and the appliances did all work. I would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
vicky1875, General Manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for your review, I am happy that you had a nice time during your stay and that our staff took good care of you. I agree with you on the suites. They were built to sleep as many people as possible. Thanks for being part of our family!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Where do I begin. Frankly, I don't understand how these people stay in business. They never smile, they don't seem to like people and they have no sense of urgency. I had to call and leave messages every day for a week before the manager called me back. I am still waiting for a receipt!! Apparently only a manager can issue a receipt which doesn't make sense to me.

Any problem I had was a huge ordeal and let me tell you there were many. I didn't have hot water the first 5 days. Then the power kept going out and they kept claiming it was because I was turning on everything at once which was the absolute furthest thing from what I was doing. I am very conscientious about saving electricity. Then they charged my credit card 3 times which they did apologize for but it was another ordeal I had to go through. Next, there was the problem of ants which kept getting worse. They finally did spray for it after I kept having to call about it for 4 or 5 days.

Never did they offer a discount or some kind of compensation for the multitude of problems I endured. They always seemed annoyed and often would turn the problem around on me and claim it was my doing! I don't think hot water, electricity or lack of ants is asking for anything extravagant. I don't usually write reviews but I had to inform people of the utter unprofessionalism of this place.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank 3,550

You had an attitude before you even came to Nauvoo, via telephone conversations. When you first arrived you complained of no hot water. The maintenance manager made adjustments on the hot water heater the first day. The second day still no hot water. You were offered to switch rooms, which you refused. The second day a part was switched out from another heater, and a new part was ordered. Once that new part was received it was put in to the heater in your room. In the meantime, since you refused to move rooms we gave you a key to a room next door, so that you could have hot water. The breakers in your room started blowing out apparently for no reason, again you were offered to switch rooms, again you refused. An electrician was hired and even he could not find why you were blowing breakers, but after he was in your room, your problems stopped. The credit card issue was our fault of having newly hired staff which we corrected and apologized for. You did get a receipt, when you paid and I personally emailed you one for all 3 months after you left and requested it. I still have verification of you receiving this. You were rude and hateful to my staff while you were here and they tolerated you. As far as a discount, the room you were in on a nightly rental would've cost you 5 times more than what we charged you for a monthly rental, so to say that you did not receive a discount is an outrageous untruth.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed in Nauvoo Family Inn the week following Memorial Day, and the grandkids loved the pool and hot tub when we took breaks from seeing the Nauvoo sites. It was fun being able to stay together in a 3 bedroom suite, although it was very small with not enough places for everyone to sit (4 bar stools and 1 couch). There was a nice Summer Kitchen Restaurant down the end of our hall, but we had planned to prepare our own meals (shopped in Keokuk, Iowa). Thanks for a great time, Nauvoo Family Inn!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for staying at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites! We love hearing from our guests! I'm so happy that you had a good time with your family! We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nauvoo
Budget Inn
Super 8 Keokuk
Super 8 Keokuk
#2 of 6 in Keokuk
Quality Inn & Suites Keokuk North

Been to Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!