I almost didn't book after reading the reviews but I talked to a lady at work who had stayed here and she recommended the place. Our room was more like a new apartment or timeshare. There was a small living room, kitchen with a small dishwasher, microwave, full size stove and fridge. They also had cooking utensils, pots, pans, plastic bowls, plates bowls, cups, etc. I wish I had brought some spices and a casserole dish to use.
There was a master bedroom with its own bathroom (shower, sink, toilet). The bed, and I must say I am very picky about beds (I usually stay at Hampton Inn for their comfy beds) didn't look too promising but it was VERY comfortable and I got some of the best sleep I've had in a while.
Our four teenagers slept in an two bed room across the hall and used the other bathroom that was entered from the hall. Their beds were a trifle small but they survived.
There was also a small washer/dryer in the hall as well as an iron and ironing board. Each room had its own A/C unit typical to motels and they worked great. I like to sleep cool so I cranked the master bedroom down to 65 at night. There were a total of three A/C units. There were also ceiling fans.
I don't know why someone would give a bad review to this place, we stayed 4 nights, six people for under 800.00 I mean, what do people expect, a butler a room in the Waldorf Astoria?
The housekeeping was just okay and that may have been because of a misunderstanding. The first day they had an envelope on the kitchen table to leave a tip, I am used to leaving a tip every day so I put 8 bucks in the envelope and then never got another one so I just left another 8 bucks on the table for the next day but they didn't take it.
I think for the money, the ease of staying so close to the sites and the quality of the rooms, it is an incredible value for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nauvoo is a small, historic, beautiful town located on the banks of the Mississippi River. Step back in time by visiting the free historic sites. See what life was like in Nauvoo in the 1800's. While you are in Nauvoo, enjoy one of our apartment size family units with a full kitchen or a lovely jacuzzi suite. Relax in our indoor heated pool after your day of adventure. We're located just 7 blocks from the beautiful Nauvoo Temple. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nauvoo Family Hotel Nauvoo
- Nauvoo Family Inn And Suites