Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites
Budget Inn(Keokuk)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$53
Super 8 Keokuk(Keokuk)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotels.com
US$89
Priceline
US$105
TripAdvisor
Rivers Inn Motel(Fort Madison)
TripAdvisor
Comfort Inn & Suites(Fort Madison)
All reviewsyouthwardmicrowavefestivalroomy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I almost didn't book after reading the reviews but I talked to a lady at work who had stayed here and she recommended the place. Our room was more like a new apartment or timeshare. There was a small living room, kitchen with a small dishwasher, microwave, full size stove and fridge. They also had cooking utensils, pots, pans, plastic bowls, plates bowls, cups, etc. I wish I had brought some spices and a casserole dish to use.
There was a master bedroom with its own bathroom (shower, sink, toilet). The bed, and I must say I am very picky about beds (I usually stay at Hampton Inn for their comfy beds) didn't look too promising but it was VERY comfortable and I got some of the best sleep I've had in a while.
Our four teenagers slept in an two bed room across the hall and used the other bathroom that was entered from the hall. Their beds were a trifle small but they survived.
There was also a small washer/dryer in the hall as well as an iron and ironing board. Each room had its own A/C unit typical to motels and they worked great. I like to sleep cool so I cranked the master bedroom down to 65 at night. There were a total of three A/C units. There were also ceiling fans.
I don't know why someone would give a bad review to this place, we stayed 4 nights, six people for under 800.00 I mean, what do people expect, a butler a room in the Waldorf Astoria?
The housekeeping was just okay and that may have been because of a misunderstanding. The first day they had an envelope on the kitchen table to leave a tip, I am used to leaving a tip every day so I put 8 bucks in the envelope and then never got another one so I just left another 8 bucks on the table for the next day but they didn't take it.
I think for the money, the ease of staying so close to the sites and the quality of the rooms, it is an incredible value for the money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Sgtbrian
Reviewed 3 December 2009

they where really full but service was great. rooms where very clean, not alot of outside/room next door noise.

Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2009

My husband and I stayed in one of the suites. We loved the fireplace and the hot tub! Our only complaint is that the beds were pretty uncomfortable. We both slept horribly. The overall price for the room was good though.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cshumach
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Uncomfortable beds, low-quality linens and bedding, first room had cob-webs all around the baseboard, you could tell that minimal housekeeping had been done, tubs & sinks chipped, rooms need to be updated, oddly configured hotel looks as though it has been added-on-to and then added-on-to again...rooms were depressing and bland.

Turned on the heater and my husband sneezed for an hour from all of the dust. Had to request blankets, soap, and conditioner. No lotion, shampoo was in a little plastic tube like mustard. No frills.

Food in dining room was good. Location was convenient. Old town Nauvoo was wonderful, play put on by senior missionaries was very fun, Temple was beautiful, people in and around Nauvoo were friendly. Not at all impressed by the Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, management was not helpful, housekeeping ladies tried to be helpful, kitchen staff was friendly.

Not the place to stay if you are on vacation and want to feel like you are on vacation. Had to spray the room with Lysol to feel at all comfortable. Old couch beside the bed looked dirty. This place needs to be thoroughly cleaned and updated...will not stay there again, would camp first!

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank HorseloverOregon
vicky1875, general manager at Nauvoo Family Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2009

The old saying “The customer is always right”, no longer holds in today’s world. Unfortunately there are some people who are just not happy. It doesn’t matter what you try to do for them, there are some people you just cannot please. This person was upset before they even came through the door and it escalated from there. Our staff bent over backwords trying to accommodate this person, unfortunately without success. This person came with a group. The tour director stated that everything was fine and everyone was happy (except of course this person). We want our customers to be happy and to stay with us again.
Our linens are not low quality and our baseboards do not have cobwebs “all around them”. All of our rooms have blankets, soap and our shampoo has conditioner in it. Our shampoo is in a packet to save on waste and to help the environment. Bottled shampoo, lotion, extra blankets and other extra amenities are available also upon request.

Reviewed 26 September 2009

Excellent staff!! Very friendly and hospitable!! If you are very picky and expect something like the Hilton, forget it! This is the best place for us common folk around!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends