We stayed at the Marriott when visiting ISU with my son. The Marriott couldn't be better located for visiting ISU. It is about a block from campus and easy walking distance to uptown Normal. It is a very well-appointed hotel with spacious rooms which include microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makers and very comfortable beds. The lobby has both a restaurant and a coffee shop. The staff is welcoming and helpful and there is a very convenient attached parking garage. This would easily be a five-star review were it not for the fact that the Marriott charges for wi-fi. In this day and age when you can get free wi-fi at any inexpensive roadside motel, it seems chintzy for the Marriott to charge for what is a necessity for most travelers these days. We'll return to the Marriott anytime we can when we visit Bloomington-Normal and I hope management will have removed this one unnecessary irritant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only AAA Four Diamond Hotel between Chicago and St. Louis. We have two concierge floors with a private lounge for your most important clients. Four Diamond service as only Marriott and John Q. Hammons can provide and a location directly between uptown Normal and Illinois State University. We are also within walking distance of the Amtrak station. The only hotel in town to provide covered parking and a skywalk from the town's adjoining garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel And Conference Center
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel Normal
- Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center IL