The good news first. This hotel is very convenient because we use it to make visits to ISU. The accommodations are lovely. The rooms are nicely sized and comfortably furnished. All the staff members we encountered were friendly and welcoming (shout out to Elice, LaShon and Brittany). Our major complaint, though, is with the food. It just isn't very good. We ordered room service for breakfast and to be honest, with the exception of the bacon, everything tasted as if it was made from freeze-dried ingredients. There are plenty of restaurants in the area but for the rate we paid, we expected higher quality food. We also wish that the hotel would consider becoming pet-friendly. We plan on making frequent visits to our ISU student and we want to include our dog. This will now be a major factor in future plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only AAA Four Diamond Hotel between Chicago and St. Louis. We have two concierge floors with a private lounge for your most important clients. Four Diamond service as only Marriott and John Q. Hammons can provide and a location directly between uptown Normal and Illinois State University. We are also within walking distance of the Amtrak station. The only hotel in town to provide covered parking and a skywalk from the town's adjoining garage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel And Conference Center
- Bloomington - Normal Marriott Hotel Normal
- Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center IL