“Chicago style dogs in Normal.”
Review of The Rock

The Rock
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: American
Description: The coupon book has quite a few places you don't list. The Rock is the only one I've ever been to.
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Noon in Normal. A dozen people in line moving quickly to the counter.

Place your order, sit at a table and wave your hand when the number on your receipt is called. The order is delivered to you.

Exceptional Chicago style hot dog and French fries. I plan to return for a gyro and baklava.

High top and regular tables inside; sidewalk seating too.

Pepsi products.

Handicapped accessible.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

An uptown Normal treasure. Great staff. Try their salmon salad. Burgers and fries are good too, as well has gyros.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stopped by The Rock for a quick lunch after a visit to IWU. The Gyros sandwich had great flavor. The fires were hot and crisp. The Chicken Gyro was good but didn’t taste very “Greek”, more like grilled chicken on a pita. The Rock is warm and inviting, the service is quick and the food is good.
We will stop by again on our next trip to Wesleyan.

1  Thank Supercleaner64
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to the rock for 6 years and it is as good today as it ever has been. Conveniently located next to the Marriott in the downtown Illinois State Campus area, with plenty of free parking around. I almost always get the challenger - grilled chicken, with mushroom jalapeño, onion, and BBQ sauce on a pita. The fries are above average and the portion sizes do not disappoint. This combo costs about $10. The owner and his brother are great guys who will remember your name and order after a few visits. I stop in every time I travel I-55, as it is minutes from the interstate. Typically a mix of college students and families, this is my favorite restaurant in Central Illinois. Indoor and outdoor seating available and always very clean and inviting.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We were in Normal for a short stay conference and were wandering around the downtown near our hotel. After my fiance was deeply disappointing with his "gourmet" sandwich from an empty JJ's, I decided to try the busy and buzzing The Rock nearby. I ordered the Chicken Philly and it was great! Reasonable price, great combos, made fresh and fast, with excellent portions. I was quite impressed. The restaurant offers good deals with their daily specials and a number of classic dishes (which I will be back to try), especially their gyros. I recommend it.