“Food is OK, very overpriced for the...”
Review of Sly's Barbeque - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sly's Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Food is OK, very overpriced for the portions. Staff unfriendly. Best advice avoid

Reviewed 3 May 2008

Wanting to try something differant for dinner on a Friday Evening We thumbed through the phone book and ran across SLY'S Barbeque. We have been wanting to try it for some time, it said they delivered so we called. We placed an order for a Large Order of Tips and Hot Links which were suppose to come with Fries Slaw and Bread, we wanted spicey sauce but they were out and we wanted dessert but they were out, this was a little before 7pm. At 8pm they called to get directions at 8:45 we still had no food and called to cancel but they assured us they were on the way, A little after 9 the food arrived the driver tried to charge us an additonal $5.00 and did not even attempt to apologize for taking so long. We opened the food to find no bread no slaw and the BBQ sauce that was to be on the side was all over everything. The tips had a good taste but there was more gristle than meat. As for the hot links they looked burnt though they had a soft consistancy that if I would of not been so tired of the whole ordeal I would of called to complain and tried to get my money back as it was I just feed them to the dog. I wanted to try this place, it has been tried and I won't be returning Ever!!!

1  Thank dduck34
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Normal, Illinois
Reviewed 14 December 2007

good lunch

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 31 May 2007

Sly's Barbeque is good, decent barbeque in the style of Chicago places. Not too thick, not mustardy, but not too dry either. It is a small place and the barbeque is made with a lot of love. I liked the somewhat unusual soft drink selections as well. This is better as a carry out place. Call ahead as the wait can be a little long if you order when you get there. Not too much seating. Location is on Raab Road, right off the I-55, near several hotels. The place is clean and in a small building of stores, but not quite where you'd expect a great BBQ place to be. Also near Heartland Community College.

3  Thank GoGoGeekGirl