“Just a bit off this time”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 January 2013

We've used this hotel a few times in the past ( and we will use them again) this time was just a bit off.
The front desk was not their usual warm and welcoming as they had been in the past.
The room was not a fresh and clean as in the past either, the comforter was lumpy, the bed seem a bit hard and I felt like I was sliding to the middle, the carpet was stain ..just did not feel as clean as I know it could be.
This is a great location for us, close to school, restaurants & shopping so we will be back I'm just hoping this was a fluke?!....

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
HamptonInnNormal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Thank you for the review of your recent stay. Feedback such as this gives us the nudge necessary to get us back on track and rest assured we're on top of it. Thanks again and we'll see you next time.....

Reviewed 16 January 2013

My quartet and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Normal IL last weekend. I was greeted as soon as I entered. I travel alot and can't tell you the number of hotels that I walk into and stand at the counter waiting for someone to appear! The check in process was fast and easy, I was on my way to my room in a matter of minutes. The rooms were a nice size and the bathrooms were clean and felt like a home with the vanitys. Rooms were very quiet too, no outside or hallway noise. There is a large breakfast area with a large variety of both hot and cold food. The beverage bar was extensive too! I will be returning to the area next month and plan to stay at Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JeniTravels4Fun

Hi Jeni, thank you so much for writing an extensive review of your experience for the world to see. It's our goal to consistently deliver service beyond what the guest expects. Safe travels to you and your quartet and see you next time.....

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Normal Il over Christmas weekend and did everything on line and when I checked in we went to our room and notice that we payed for a king regular and our room was a king suite. We have stayed there many time and ever year at Christmas they Give us The Suite upgrade. I have used this location alot. If you are in town stay at this Hampton. Never had a problem with them.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
HamptonInnNormal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Hello and thank you from the entire team for taking the time to reflect on your experience with us. Travel and planning for such can be stressful; making it stress free and providing an unexpected delight is priority to me and the team. Again, thank you and safe travels to you and yours......Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
-richard

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Our family had a quiet and enjoyable stay over Christmas for 2 nights while we visited family in Bloomington. The hotel was clean, the staff was courteous and we had the pool and hot tub to ourselves. We were very happy with our experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
HamptonInnNormal, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2012

Hi JodyP, thank you so much for posting a review of your experience. We appreciate the comments and welcome you back anytime. I hope you and your family had a great Christmas and here's to a fabulous New Year ahead.....

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Our family of four spent the night at the Hampton Inn while visiting family in Bloomington Illinois this Christmas. Check in was seamless, our room was spotless, and we had a great stay. We had the pool & hot tub to ourselves on Sunday evening, which was unexpected - and very relaxing! The pool temperature was comfortably warm, too :) I enjoyed the fitness room on Monday morning before breakfast (again, had it all to myself - it was like being at a private resort!) Breakfast options were plentiful at the included buffet, and the coffee was good. We'd definitely stay here again.

1  Thank flossmoorian

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the world. As with all reviews, I've shared your comments with the team. We appreciate you. Hope to see you again and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to the 'flossmorian' Family....

Reviewed 22 December 2012

My family and I just returned from Bloomington, where we spent the night at the Hampton. The young lady at the front desk, that checked us in, I believe her name was Jen. She was very helpful and courteous. She told us everything we needed to know.

Also this morning at breakfast the apple juice had ran out. I informed the young lady, Betty, that is was out. She filled it immediately. She was very gracious that I let her know and made sure we knew that it had been filled. Very polite. We will definitely be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Hi KimW. Thank you for posting on Trip Advisor a review of your recent experience for the world to see. True enough, Jenn and Betty are two jewels of ours who consistently provide service beyond expectations. Let me know when you plan a return trip. Safe travels to you and yours and Merry Christmas & Happy New Year....

Reviewed 21 December 2012

A two nights' stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites was about visiting with my daughter and granddaughter. Richard, the manager, remembered from my last review, the suggestion that a stepstool be available for those who need the extra height at the sink. A stepstool was "waiting" for us in the room and it really helped! Every step from check-in to check-out was so delightful, it felt like a vacation in an exotic location!
There is a lavish breakfast every morning available, with an assortment of cereals, coffees, an egg dish such as egg and cheese omelette, muffins, bagels and yogurt and juices. My granddaughter enjoyed her fruit loops, 2 % milk and banana, while I chose the omelette, orange juice and coffee.It was all delicious! Everyone from the the kitchen employees to Richard, the general manager was very attentive and respectful, with genuine smiles that makes people feel truly welcome and glad to be there. If you are going to Normal, Illinois, book this hotel for a "paranormal" experience!

1  Thank Ileen E

Hello IlleenE, thanks again for taking the time to post a review of your recent experience. As you describe, we consistently try to provide service 'beyond what is possible' (paranormal). Your valued feedback helps us attend to ever guest need. Thanks again! See you next time and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year......

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
3 mi away
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Bloomington - Normal
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!