“Very kind and considerate staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Peoria, Illinois
“Very kind and considerate staff”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My boys and I had a very nice stay at this hotel. From the moment we checked in the staff was wonderful. Every time we passed the front desk they were checking on our comfort and trying to make sure every need was met. They had fresh baked cookies at the front desk which were a hit with my boys. The pool was the perfect temperature. The beverage bar was great for a cup of hot cocoa before bed with one of the previously mentioned cookies. :) Breakfast the next day was wonderful too. Very nice stay, indeed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Hi 'thiery688' and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your experience with us. Glad you and the boys enjoyed yourselves and we hope to have you back again.....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
United States
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I rarely bother with rating hotels or any other service, but this hotel was excellent in every way. Would definitely recommend and will always stay there when in Bloomington. Plan to check out other Hampton Inns as well.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks "MichaelS" for taking the time out of your busy schedule for the 'Excellant' review. We appreciate it very much and hope to see you again soon.....
Washington, DC
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I travel a good bit for business and am a Hilton person. There are a few places I stay in the Hampton Inn because it is what is available at the government rate and in smaller cities it may be the nicest Hilton property available. That said, this one stands out as better than some Hampton Inns. I have stayed in a few that have seen better days, but this one seems fairly new. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast wasn't up to snuff, but I am beginning to find that more the norm than the exception. You do have the option of making your own waffles, but the other hot food available is only okay.

My room was too small for me to do my dvd work out in so I tried the fitness room for its equipment. The fitness room was pretty small, but the equipment seemed in good shape and very clean. I go early, but it coudl easily be that at regular hours all the equipment would be in use. The hotel is small so the fitness room is small.

Even though my two queen bed room didn't leave room for my jumping around to a fitness video, it was a very nice room. It was some of the best sleep I have gotten in a hotel in a long time. Also, I was pleasantly surprised by there being a refrigerator and microwave in my room. The desk was big enough for me to spread my work out on. There were plenty of plugs in the room to charge or use my many devices.

It is located in a nice spot. I was working at the State Farm building in Bloomington that is only 2.5 miles away and easy to get to. It is in a shopping center so not easily visible from the main road, but easy to get to through the back way which is very convenient. There is a choice of restaurants in the shopping center it shares a parking lot with. The hotel is off in the back corner so the parking is fine and the traffic in and out of the hotel is easy, but with a Target, a Van Maur (nicer department store) and several boutique shops and chain stores, it is easy to find entertainment and things you may have forgotten.

If I go back to Bloomington I plan to stay here again... I will try to remember my bathing suit. I didn't get a good look at the indoor pool, but I wouldn't mind taking a dip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lavendertigerlily
Hi "Lavendertigerlily" and thank you very much for taking the time to share with the world details of your experience with us. The team grinned ear to ear after reading your review as we strive to be the best.
Bourbonnais, Illinois
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I hadn't needed to stay in Bloomington overnight for several months but was very happy with my decision to stay at the Hampton Inn this weekend. After a very long day, I arrived at the hotel after 1 am, where I was greeted with a friendly smile, "Welcome Back", and my room keys handed over quickly so I could get to my room. The room was spotless and the bed was so comfortable! They offer a hot breakfast and many other selections - yogurt, cereal, fresh donuts. The remodeled breakfast area is very nice as well, offering plenty of tables and other seating areas for those that were chatting and enjoying coffee. When I checked out, I spoke with another smiling desk agent. I will be vising the area again soon and will be staying at this property - great beds, great service and friendly smiles...what more could I ask for?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Hello again "JeniTravels4Fun" and thanks for sharing your detailed experience with the world. Safe travels to you and yours and know the team appreciates you taking the time to write a review. See you next time.....
Bloomington IL, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

The hotel itself is nice but the day staff during checkout provided only very cursory assistance when asked about lunch restaurant recommendations and directions. Hotel was also unable or unwilling to provide a receipt showing room payment.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks "ToddB" for sharing your experience and sorry about the challenges. Let me know personally if (despite this being somewhat late) I can assist you.
-richard
Wauconda, United States
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Traveling 3 hours with my 94 year old, wheelchair riding mother and 4 year old granddaughter was a handful but when I arrived at the Hampton, everything was immediately easy. Friendly, helpful staff, very clean,handicapped accessible room (some places SAY they have that but this one really delivered) and a great breakfast even my fussy granddaughter enjoyed!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
That's a new one 'LisaF'. I love your example of 'filet mignon treatment to the sandwich generation'. The team prides itself on going above and beyond to ensure each guest experience is memorable. Thank you so much for this great review describing my team and what we deliver. As you mention we cater to any age range or generation from your granddaughter to mother and everything in between. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours!
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed a full week at this hotel participating in a national softball tournament. The staff delivered great service and was very cordial and accommodating. They truly went above and beyond. The hotel is in a great location close to many restaurants, shopping and Illinois State University. The hotel was clean, comfortable and as always, Hampton delivered the consistency it is known for.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'RobertC', thanks for taking the time to report on your experience. From my team to yours may you enjoy safe 2014 season full of victories. Safe travels and keep that winning spirit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
#6 of 22 in Bloomington
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!