“best place ever”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lewistown, Illinois
“best place ever”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stay in a lot of hotels and I have got to say this one far exceeded our wildest dreams. I was clean, friendly and very comfortable. We will definitely come to this hotel when we are in the area. This hotel is centrally located.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hi 'marynbill4877',
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with the world your experience with us. For us to 'far exceed your wildest dreams' means a great deal and the team loved hearing this. In fact, I saw some mouths drop. Granted we like to think we're the 'best place ever' but we never let that go to our heads while maintaining a full understanding that the traveling public has many choices. We're glad that we are your choice. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and yours....

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pontiac, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed here with a large group of families for New Years. Terrific hotel, located in a great location. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Rooms and common areas were very clean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Bloomington/Normal area!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Amber D', thank you for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. The team grinned ear to ear when I read your review to them. Safe travels and Happy New Year to you and yours....see you next year. :-)
Springfield, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I am very pleased with Hampton Hotel in Normal, Illinois where was my first stay. A room was very nice and cozy. Bed is so wonderful. Bathroom is cleaniness and fresh air. Breakfast buffet was so wonderful. I was surprised that coffee bar was self serving for 24 hours. The staffs were friendly and courteous. That hotel was nice enivornment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Leon D' and thank you for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. I believe you touched on nearly every aspect that sets us apart from the competition in Bloomington/Normal. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and yours....
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is our go to hotel in Normal IL when we visit our son at school.
The accommodations are great, the room is always clean and fresh smelling.
I've never had an issue withe the bed as a matter of fact I've always slept well here which is not typical for me when sleeping away from home.
The last time we stayed I was very impressed with the manger, I'm a short person so most counters top are pretty high for me and I really hate having to reach over to get packages or room keys I really feel it's more professional for staff to walk around the counter and hand the item to the customer, the manager that day did this and it really set the tone for the whole weekend. It really is the little gestures that make a difference.

Room Tip: I prefer the 3rd or 4th floor away from the elevators. I request this when making a reservation and...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hi 'relax62' - it was good having you back and thanks much for taking the time to share with the world your latest experience with us. Those little things mean a lot and we never take the guest for granted. These personal touches the team and I provide go a long way and are the easiest things to accomplish for the traveling public. Can't wait to have you back and please get in touch with me when you plan a return visit. Tell your son to study hard and Happy New Year to y'all....
Milner, Georgia
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We almost gave this hotel a 3, but Leroy (aka Eeyore) saved the day. My husband and I decided to share a room with my brother and his significant other while we were all in town for the holidays. My brother booked a 4 night stay. He called a couple weeks prior to confirm the reservation. He spoke with Eric, who didn't up doing a good job of confirming the reservation. My brother asked if my name needed to included in the reservation, Eric told him no. My husband and I were the first to check-in, and sure enough, there was already an issue since my name wasn't included on the reservation. Jasmine was the person who checked us in. Eventually, we got her to understand that I was sharing the room with my brother, she started to check us in - while reviewing the details, she mentioned checking out the following day. We were supposed to have a room for 4 days, so what gives? After further checking, she noticed there were 4 single night reservations in my brother's name (he used a special coupon when booking, so he couldn't book all 4 nights at once). We asked if we could stay in the room for all 4 nights, so we wouldn't have to checkout every day and move our stuff. She said she might be able to accommodate this by editing the system. Fast forward to the following night....we arrived to the hotel late and our cards were no longer working. We spoke with Eeyore who confirmed that the cards were deactivated since we were supposed to have been checked out (Jasmine failed to edit the system). Eeyore was also concerned that my husband and I were trying to break into another person's room since my name wasn't on the reservation (Eric's fault for not including my name on the reservation). Eeyore cleared all this up for us and handled everything professionally. He made the entire situation better. We didn't have any room issues for the remainder of our stay. Cheers to Eeyore!

The room was clean and quiet. Beds were comfortable. The shower had plenty of hot water and decent pressure. Breakfast was pretty good: a large selection of cereals, instant oatmeal, sliced fruit platter, optional fruits, boiled eggs, waffle maker, already prepared oatmeal (with fixin's), yogurt, soy milk, regular milk, toasts, muffins, pastries, and the hot dishes changed daily (usually some sort of egg or omlette dish, bacon of sausage, and then potatoes or biscuits and gravy). A very good variety of breakfast options for everyone.

We would consider staying at this hotel again next time we come into town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi 'Mo F' and thank you for taking the time to report in detail on your experience with us. This is the sort of detail I like in order that I can take this and use as a training tool with all involved. I appreciate it. On behalf of Eric and the team, I'm sorry you experienced the challenges. You got it, Leroy (Eeyore - as we sometimes refer to him :-) ) is a gem and I'm glad he turned things around for you in essence earning us that 4th star. I hope you and your family enjoyed a Happy Holiday/Merry Christmas and please let me know personally when you plan a return trip.
Cheers
Valparaiso In, United States
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Excellent overall experience. Centrally located. Rooms cozy. Only obstacle, coffee pot located in bathroom! I have stayed at this hotel before and would return for future stays. The price was lower due to the season.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you 'Bonnie A' for taking the time to share with the world your experience with us. A (belated) Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas to you and your family from ours and we hope to see you again soon. Safe travels and stay warm....
Walworth WI, United States
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The heaters/air conditioners in the rooms are very loud. If you are a light sleeper, I would not recommend this hotel. Also, it was very difficult to get the heat down in the room and it was very hot! I would not recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'Karen H', thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. Sorry about your heating unit causing you to receive something other than a stellar experience. Don't hesitate to report any challenge in a hotel to us - I guarantee you that this sort of operation (or lack thereof) is not the norm for us. In our case we'll take steps to remedy the situation - or you don't pay - it's as simple as that - no questions asked. Safe travels to you and yours and we do hope you'll give us another chance to make it right.
-richard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 11 in Normal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!